"The Devil" Ending

+
Oddly enough, I thought of it as my official ending during my first playthrough. It seems like the only one where V might still be V, and not a soulkilled engram like he/she is in the other endings (maybe). That just dampens all of the other endings for me even though they're more positive/cooler. Knowing the V that remains for around 6 months is a file downloaded into V's dying body hurts. I also liked that V didn't include her/his other friends in the situation. It felt the closest to something I might choose if I were in V's shoes, as I don't really like to ask for help or trouble other people, but unintentionally making things worse. When I played it, I prefer to go back to Earth. To choose to be put into Mikoshi after all of that effort makes it even more tragic than it already is. I'm pro V, so just playing through the Johnny ending kinda pissed me off.
Post automatically merged:

Ironically, in a way, the Arasaka ending where you go back to earth is possibly the best of the endings. V lives for 6 months, as in the other endings and even though he is scarred, he could spend that time with his loved ones, but in this instance it's the only ending where V doesn't get soulkilled in Mikoshi and is the actual proper V, instead of an engram copy.
Exactly! That's the only reason I like it.

Last edited:
back to this topic. i decided to try this ending because this option doesnt risk lives of anyone else. only yours. if you feel strong as hell (lvl 50, 753hp, almost 2500 armor, strong hacks and weapons,...), you dont need help of anyone else.
That is what the secret Sun ending offers, and that is indeed why I love it!

@83427
Is this the first ending you've reached?
No, i mostly finish the game together with aldecados bcos it has good ending. You stay with panam or judy (depending on your sex) and live your life on better place

anyway i also tried combination to go into mikoshi with aldecadost and then let johny to live in the body, which is alredy more his than mine. Its propably the most sad ending you can choose.

i almost forget i tried a selfkill option on that roof. Sad ending also. Poor judy…
Post automatically merged:

That is what the secret Sun ending offers, and that is indeed why I love it!
Thanks, i will google something. I hope its not that ending where you need to be compatible with johny at least for 70%

It is. Named "Don't Fear The Reaper" ;)
so, i think i already tried all the endings except this1. Its hard for me to be at least 70% compatible with johny. the best result is always 60%.

i realized that only one ending, where you dont lose all your edies is when you join alt and let johny to keep your body. so how was somewhere around topic which ending is canon, it looks that this ending option has the high chance...

so, i think i already tried all the endings except this1. Its hard for me to be at least 70% compatible with johny. the best result is always 60%.
I think, you "only miss" the little dialogue in the oil field ;)
You have to say : "Nah, fucked that up too".
At the right time :)

To think of the positive about this ending is probably that no more of the characters you care about die (I think?). Yes, they're pissed at you and moving on with their lives, but at least they're alive. So there's that. But it isn't my favourite ending, no.

It may be controversial, but in my understanding, any ending that favors Alt is unfair. She deserved to be Mikoshi's prisoner forever.

I think there's a humorous view that everyone distrusts Alt but as the creator of the Blackwall, she's easily humanity's greatest protector and friend.

It's just people are bigots against AI and assume she must be some inhuman monster.

When, in fact her motivations (revenge against Arasaka, Johnny) are all very human.

Mind you, she's not helping her case with her statements about having evolved.

Well.

See, Alt relationship as I see it is profesh. She wants Mikoshi in exchange for splitting Johnny and me. Biz as usual.

Tho, she doesn't give a reason to think that she is someone rather than something. Will say that much.

Last edited:
I found Alt's behavior some what out of character for her. We know that she had created a save haven for the victims of SoulKiller. Why does she want to absorb all those poor souls? That makes no sense.
We also know that she was still in love with Johnny. And we can also assume that she had found a way to return to her body. This assumption is based on both the short story Never Fade Away and the short story Black Dog in the Cyberpunk Red rulebook.
It all makes sense if Alt is not the real Alt but a somewhat damaged copy ...

Why does she want to absorb all those poor souls? That makes no sense.
To take a part of something "greater". Something that she think that we can't understand (we, poor "organics"). She live in a plan of existance that "we" can't apprehend...
Alt clearly say to V that she can't explain some "things" because V can't understand (V search answers were there is not... And would be happy by any answer would make him/her feel better).
It all makes sense if Alt is not the real Alt but a somewhat damaged copy ...
She's not a copy, nor a damaged copy, she's an AI who use Alt engramatic datas... nothing more... Alt is dead and gone in 2013.

She's not a copy, nor a damaged copy, she's an AI who use Alt engramatic datas... nothing more... Alt is dead and gone in 2013.
And that's wrong. Alt did not really die then. If Johnny did not have unplugged her, she would have returned to her body. remember that I wrote here? The real Alt discovered a way to immortality but this way was corrupted into a stationary black ICE and later an assassin. The one thing that ITS and Arasaka did forget is that it is possible for a victim of SoulKiller to return to their own body, it it is connected to the net. The name SoulKiller was wrong from the beginning.
if that AI which calls herself Alt were correct and a victim of SoulKiller is reduced to engramatic data then they would not be concious. But they are. And they are roaming the Old Net.
Cyberpunk Red (see page 263) knows three types of AIs:
  • Soulkilled Pseudo Intellects (SPI) are the victims of Soulkiller, which want to left alone and live in hidden ghost towns created by Alt all over the Old Net.
  • Critical Pathway Plateau AIs (CPP) were created by accident and a programms which are so complex that they gain sapiens. All rogue AIs and the R.A.B.I.D.s are of that type. Most of them are very dangerous (especially the R.A.B.I.D.s).
  • Transcendental Sentience AIs (TS) were not programmed but emerged from the creation of huge operation systems. They are really strange and alien. These are the real gods of cyberspace.
According to this Alt is an SPI and for those it us very out of character to become bigger and more powerful. That's a characteristic of CPPs. And that's one reason I suspect that Alt is not Alt but just a copy of Alt, perhaps created when the real Alt transferred herself back into her body. But that's speculation based on the fact that Angel from the short story Black Dog looks very much like Alt in the illustration and loves Johnny.

There is only one person on the whole planet who knows the truth and that's Maximum Mike himself.

And that's wrong. Alt did not really die then. If Johnny did not have unplugged her, she would have returned to her body. remember that I wrote here? The real Alt discovered a way to immortality but this way was corrupted into a stationary black ICE and later an assassin. The one thing that ITS and Arasaka did forget is that it is possible for a victim of SoulKiller to return to their own body, it it is connected to the net. The name SoulKiller was wrong from the beginning.
if that AI which calls herself Alt were correct and a victim of SoulKiller is reduced to engramatic data then they would not be concious. But they are. And they are roaming the Old Net.
Cyberpunk Red (see page 263) knows three types of AIs:
  • Soulkilled Pseudo Intellects (SPI) are the victims of Soulkiller, which want to left alone and live in hidden ghost towns created by Alt all over the Old Net.
  • Critical Pathway Plateau AIs (CPP) were created by accident and a programms which are so complex that they gain sapiens. All rogue AIs and the R.A.B.I.D.s are of that type. Most of them are very dangerous (especially the R.A.B.I.D.s).
  • Transcendental Sentience AIs (TS) were not programmed but emerged from the creation of huge operation systems. They are really strange and alien. These are the real gods of cyberspace.
According to this Alt is an SPI and for those it us very out of character to become bigger and more powerful. That's a characteristic of CPPs. And that's one reason I suspect that Alt is not Alt but just a copy of Alt, perhaps created when the real Alt transferred herself back into her body. But that's speculation based on the fact that Angel from the short story Black Dog looks very much like Alt in the illustration and loves Johnny.

There is only one person on the whole planet who knows the truth and that's Maximum Mike himself.
We are both right in a way ;)
It's the same as Johnny's death...
- In Cyberpunk Red, johnny die in the tower, cut in half.
- In Cyberpunk 2077, johnny was soulkilled by Saburo.

- In Cyberpunk 2077, johnny was soulkilled by Saburo.
But, remember that Johnny's memories are wrong. We only know, that Johnny was soulkilled but not by whom exactly.
The funny thing is, that Adam Smasher reacts confused if you mentioned Johnny to him after you have beaten him. And remember that Alt also said, that the events did not happen the way Johnny remembers. I think that there is something else going on, and it might be that the secret storyline around Mr. Blue Eyes has something to do with it. It would not surprise me that "johnny" is not an SPI but some kind of CPP created by someone yet unknown to us to emulate the real Johnny for what ever reason. But this is a very different topic which does have nothing to do with the Devil ending.

But, remember that Johnny's memories are wrong.
They are wrong, right :)
But he was soulkilled anyway in Cyberpunk 2077 (because it end on the Relic and in V's head), instead of been sliced in the tower in Cyberpunk Red. So it have nothing to do with Johnny's memories...

But he was soulkilled anyway in Cyberpunk 2077 (because it end on the Relic and in V's head), instead of been sliced in the tower in Cyberpunk Red. So it have nothing to do with Johnny's memories...
And that's the problem. The events of the short story The Fall of the Towers is canon. And that leaves us with several problems, because Johnny's body was not buried in the oil field by Grayson but recoverd in the ruins of the Arasaka Towers by a first responder who put him into a cryo unit which she hid in the case of the nuclear bomb originally hidden below the Arasaka Towers. This is all canon.
So when was Johnny soulkilled? There is simply not enough time for it, because first resonders normally arrive only minutes after a catastrophy. You see the problem?
I think that there is much more going on than we know.

And that's the problem. The events of the short story The Fall of the Towers is canon. And that leaves us with several problems, because Johnny's body was not buried in the oil field by Grayson but recoverd in the ruins of the Arasaka Towers by a first responder who put him into a cryo unit which she hid in the case of the nuclear bomb originally hidden below the Arasaka Towers. This is all canon.
So when was Johnny soulkilled? There is simply not enough time for it, because first resonders normally arrive only minutes after a catastrophy. You see the problem?
I think that there is much more going on than we know.
It seems to me that someone had posted a video (@Didacgomez I think, but sorry if it's not you^^) where precisely CDPR wanted to bring back in the game a character normally dead in the lore and asked to Mike Pondsmith how to do it.

So if we suppose it's Johnny (the most popular RockerBoy fighting against corpos), the easy way :
Year 2023
- Officially, Johnny died in the tower (buried under the rubble like Viktor say).
- Unofficially, Johnny was exfiltrated alive from the tower before the explosion by Saburo/Arasaka, then soulkilled and stored in Mikoshi during about 50 years.
Job done ;)

It seems to me that someone had posted a video (@Didacgomez I think, but sorry if it's not you^^)
Don´t think it was me, but he was definitively aware back in 2019 or earlier (https://www.videogameschronicle.com...dsmith-my-wife-guessed-they-had-keanu-reeves/). But, I wouldn't put that much into canon continuity... I mean Mike Pondsmith himself broke his own canon creating Cyberpunk RED instead of following this:

https://cyberpunk.fandom.com/wiki/Cyberpunk_V3.0

So, a little bit of leeway for CDPR compared with Cyberpunk RED I don´t think is that dramatic.

Top Bottom