"The Devil" Ending

+
I just watched the video of "The Devil" ending.
I can't stomach the thing.

It is interesting how Johnny mentioned exactly 'mourning Jackie', the thing I've been spilling over the forum in the last year+. The game's made to mourn Jackie when you're a woman ex-corpo V.

Also, had I taken the Devil ending, I would have wished at every stage I didn't. So, that's one of the endings I never tried, and never will. Not me. I ought to say, the Devil ending is an ending I fear the most, in any scheme of things.

Curious. Does someone here like this ending? I know of a player who detests Johnny so much, that they didn't give it a moment before they sided with Arasaka as their problem solvers. Not judging. Just... don't get it. Tell me, why?

Yeah it's my favorite ending, I usually go with that, unless I play a Nomad, then I GTFO with Panam.
(Never play Street Kid...)

I don't find it worse than any of the other endings really.

You can choose to leave the space station, return to Night City or wherever on earth and live the rest of your short life out there so that's pretty much the same as what happens in all the other endings.

Or you can become en engram and be put into Mikoshi. Now that sounds a bit freaky at first but I think this ending is full of possibilities.
While Arasaka as a whole can't be trusted (like anyone else in NC really), Hanako and Takemura are people of their word. They value honor and truthfulness. I think they'd see to it that V is put into a compatible body if one can be found.

The other possibility is that you could escape Mikoshi, like Alt did, and become an AI roaming the net beyond the blackwall. Or maybe Alt will get you out of Mikoshi and merge with you or something. This reminds me a bit of the first Ghost in the Shell movie, where The Major ultimately merges with the Puppet Master AI to become an incredibly powerful Ghost.

Maybe you're also just gonna be imprisoned forever in Mikoshi.

Sure, these are all hypotheticals but the other endings could be just as bad. We simply don't know.
Who says the rest of your life with the nomads is gonna be any better? Maybe Militech finally decides to stomp you out, maybe Wraiths will get ya.

It is interesting how Johnny mentioned exactly 'mourning Jackie', the thing I've been spilling over the forum in the last year+. The game's made to mourn Jackie when you're a woman ex-corpo V.

Also, had I taken the Devil ending, I would have wished at every stage I didn't. So, that's one of the endings I never tried, and never will. Not me. I ought to say, the Devil ending is an ending I fear the most, in any scheme of things.

Curious. Does someone here like this ending? I know of a player who detests Johnny so much, that they didn't give it a moment before they sided with Arasaka as their problem solvers. Not judging. Just... don't get it. Tell me, why?

This is the ending you get when you try to role play the game, a railroad to hell.

I don't have to argue this myself as Luke Stephens came to the same conclusion:

And I agree. Any ending but this had been preferable because after this, all hope is gone...

It's the ending I got the first time I played through the game. I hadn't read any forums, articles or guides or anything about CP 2077 other than seeing the TV ads so I had no idea at all what to expect. It was shocking and horrifying seeing that look on my character's face as it went into god really knows where. I'll never play that ending again; it was that miserable.

Sim, é o meu final favorito, eu costumo ir com isso, a menos que eu jogue um Nomad, então eu faço GTFO com Panam.
(Nunca jogue Street Kid...)

Eu não acho pior do que qualquer um dos outros finais realmente.

Você pode optar por deixar a estação espacial, voltar para Night City ou qualquer outro lugar na Terra e viver o resto de sua curta vida lá fora, então é praticamente o mesmo que acontece em todos os outros finais.

Ou você pode se tornar um engrama e ser colocado em Mikoshi. Agora, isso soa um pouco estranho no começo, mas acho que esse final está cheio de possibilidades.
Enquanto Arasaka como um todo não pode ser confiável (como qualquer outra pessoa em NC realmente), Hanako e Takemura são pessoas de palavra. Eles valorizam a honra e a veracidade. Acho que eles cuidariam para que V fosse colocado em um corpo compatível, se pudesse ser encontrado.

A outra possibilidade é que você poderia escapar de Mikoshi, como Alt fez, e se tornar uma IA vagando pela rede além do blackwall. Ou talvez Alt o tire de Mikoshi e se fundirá com você ou algo assim. Isso me lembra um pouco o primeiro filme Ghost in the Shell, onde o Major finalmente se funde com a IA do Puppet Master para se tornar um Ghost incrivelmente poderoso.

Talvez você também fique preso para sempre em Mikoshi.

Claro, tudo isso é hipotético, mas os outros finais podem ser tão ruins quanto. Nós simplesmente não sabemos.
Quem disse que o resto de sua vida com os nômades será melhor? Talvez a Militech finalmente decida acabar com você, talvez os Wraiths te peguem.
In my view, Arasaka was never the true villain of the story. It wasn't Arasaka who created the soulkiller - the ultimate misfortune in V's life. Okay, Arasaka took advantage and carried the project forward. This is reprehensible. But this invention did not come from its engineers. It is an invention of Alt Cunningham together with the ITS Corporation. Besides, with whom did the "revolted" Johnny really get a nuclear bomb? Probably with Militech (remember the scene of him being taken out of Arasaka Tower; the Militech megabuilding appears "mysteriously"). I don't think the ending "The Devil" is ideal. However, in my opinion, Johnny has always been a puppet in the hands of corporations and the biggest villain in the game is Alt. This mitigates staying by Arasaka's side and going to the "The Devil" ending.

A possible reason for siding with Arasaka/Hanko is pragmatism. They are simply the most trustworthy (not fully of course) of the bunch. Alt is possibly the most untrustworthy of them all. Not to mention that means you have to trust Johnny, which is a nono:)
The nomads...biggest problem I see is that they are simply a way to plug in Alt. Other than that they want you/V to become a nomad, which I don't think V (I certainly didn't:) ) realizes at first, so it probably shouldn't matter.

I find it more interesting why you consider 'the Devil' ending so horrible. Can you talk more about that?

It may be controversial, but in my understanding, any ending that favors Alt is unfair. She deserved to be Mikoshi's prisoner forever.

Last edited:
It was my first ending, mostly because i wanted to help Takemura. Its unsettling as hell, almost like an horror game ending.
Yup, it was great. And then I read Kojima in the credits and it won't surprise me if he had to do something with this ending:)

Ironically, in a way, the Arasaka ending where you go back to earth is possibly the best of the endings. V lives for 6 months, as in the other endings and even though he is scarred, he could spend that time with his loved ones, but in this instance it's the only ending where V doesn't get soulkilled in Mikoshi and is the actual proper V, instead of an engram copy.

Not exactly "liking" this ending, but find it the most proper, as hope can be achieved without sacrifice.

Status quo is stability. With "the devil" back, nothing has changed.
Which incidentally is what is propagated through all.
Arasaka is most powerful than ever, Saburo* is back and immortal... I don't really like this idea :)

*Saburo, the guy who would have preferred to completely nuke Night City and all its inhabitants rather than see the Relic fall into the hands of Westerners (barbarians). So thank you Yorinobu !

Last edited:

Guest 4561861

The thing I don't like, unless it's been changed, is V couldn't go out with a bang and kill a certain key figure at the end of the Tower sequence. I tried, but once again CDPR took away a player choice. To me, that would have been the best ending.

In my view, Arasaka was never the true villain of the story. It wasn't Arasaka who created the soulkiller - the ultimate misfortune in V's life. Okay, Arasaka took advantage and carried the project forward. This is reprehensible. But this invention did not come from its engineers. It is an invention of Alt Cunningham together with the ITS Corporation. Besides, with whom did the "revolted" Johnny really get a nuclear bomb? Probably with Militech (remember the scene of him being taken out of Arasaka Tower; the Militech megabuilding appears "mysteriously"). I don't think the ending "The Devil" is ideal. However, in my opinion, Johnny has always been a puppet in the hands of corporations and the biggest villain in the game is Alt. This mitigates staying by Arasaka's side and going to the "The Devil" ending.
Remember that Arasaka's version of Soulkiller is not a way to achieve immortality (that was Alt's vision) nor a very deadly black ICE (that was ITS' version) but an assassin used against enemies and rivals of Arasaka, with Alt being its first victim. Also remember that Arasaka has planted a much larger nuclear bomb (with a casing big enough to hold a cryo-chamber) below Arasaka Tower, to be used when the place is overrun by Arasaka's enemies. And do not forget that this attack on Arasaka Tower was part of the 4th Corporate War, and the attack was not led by Johnny but by Morgan Blackhand, whose team placed the bomb and managed to escape. Johnny's team was tasked to rescue Alt and to destroy all traces of Soulkiller. Of this team, Johnny was killed, Thompson was crippled and Shaitan's body was destroyed by Adam Smasher, but Shaitan was rescued by Morgan's team shortly before the bomb went of.

Forum regular
i finished this ending couple of minutes ago and i still dont uderstand why this ending is such opened. I refused hellmanns offer to create my engram and decided to go back to the earth. a took my bag and passed the doors to the freedom. long view to the earth and...credits. omg. how this can be called ending? i spent maybe an hour to pass those tests again and again and then i wont get even a few seconds on the earth?

back to this topic. i decided to try this ending because this option doesnt risk lives of anyone else. only yours. if you feel strong as hell (lvl 50, 753hp, almost 2500 armor, strong hacks and weapons,...), you dont need help of anyone else.

Last edited:
Top Bottom