The Dice are Cast

+
I'm referring to the eponymous side quest in the adventure "Side Effects".
I'm unable to beat Milka at dice poker after several attempts which leads me to believe that the AI cheats. I've completed the main game and the other adventures and whilst I had some difficult dice poker opponents I was with perseverance able to win eventually. Not so with Milka.
Is the dice poker really unbiased in the game, and I'm just having a run of bad luck, or are Milka's dice (virtually) weighted?

It's been eons, but I do think the game does something to make certain characters "harder" than others. The way I remember it, it seems weighted to give the "harder" AI a certain number of matches every X rolls, but the number value of the match is random. (So, e.g., while the AI will roll a sheerly ridiculous number of 3-of-a-kinds over the course of a game, whether they're 2's or 6's is random. Just speculation, though.)

I really don't remember in enough detail how it plays out, but I do remember having to reload the game an insane amount in order to get anywhere with the dice poker. You could always level up a bit more, then go back and try again.

(And dice poker is optional. You don't need to play it in order to progress the main quest.)

Top Bottom