The director of the Witcher 3 and CP2077 has left CD Projekt Red

+
Konrad Tomaszkiewicz, who served as director of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and as second director and head of production on Cyberpunk 2077, has left CD Projekt Red.

Sources:

How will it affect the development of the game? It is an important position that is not replaced just like that.

Does it affect in any way with another delay?

Guest 3847602

Shame, guy was the face of TW3 during promo campaign... Since the exact details surrounding these allegations are unknown, I'll refrain from saying more than "Thank you for your work on TW1, 2, 3 and CP2077".

Bullying? Either call it abuse, which should resiult in some action being taken, or it's a (heavy) disagreement which should be sorted out between the HR and the workers, like adults. What is this, highschool? I just hope there was a very good reason for losing a dev as important as Konrad.

I think that after seeing how Cyberpunk 2077 has turned out, it can be sensed that many things are not going well within the Polish studio, let them take the measures they consider necessary. If we want CDPR to improve, there is no other option but to improve the teams and look for new talents. I think there is still a lot to order, otherwise everything will continue the same as before ...

I do not doubt that Konrad Tomaszkiewicz is a talent and man of weight in CDPR, but if they have decided to leave him they will have important reasons to do so ...

I do not see bad news, surely there are great creatives wanting to enter CDPR

I think that after seeing how Cyberpunk 2077 has turned out, it can be sensed that many things are not going well within the Polish studio, let them take the measures they consider necessary. If we want CDPR to improve, there is no other option but to improve the teams and look for new talents. I think there is still a lot to order, otherwise everything will continue the same as before ...

I do not doubt that Konrad Tomaszkiewicz is a talent and man of weight in CDPR, but if they have decided to leave him they will have important reasons to do so ...

I do not see bad news, surely there are great creatives wanting to enter CDPR
I would agree, and even more willing to bet. Just bought some CDPR stocks this week, first time buying this company too...

Sure he is a talent, sure people will miss him, but I am sure CDPR knows all that and more than us...

As gamers and public investors we do not have the full picture of what had transpired. Let us give CDPR some space so that they can work on what needs to be worked, fix what needs be fixed, whether it is source code, security, personnel, or planning.

This is the epitome of toxic news reporting. An eye-catching headline and two out-of-context snippets from a presumably private internal email. Well, I'm sure it will get them plenty of ad impressions from people trying to read the stories in expectation of actual information.

Sad news. I'm only upvoting this to thank the OP for bringing the news up to me (I stopped reading the mainstream VG news for some years, now).

Wishing him to get on well, good luck on future projects.

This is a positive sign that CDPR needs to be completely restructured and it is clear that top management needs to be held accountable for 2077's problems and Konrad Tomaszkiewicz, who is one of the main game directors, must be held accountable, the 2077 development under his leadership was a mess, he is not capable and CDPR is now heading in the right direction.

I Understand that some might consider certain information to be gossip, while others will value that same information as a "Hot Scoop".
But I'm often reminded of a large sign we had up in the offices at work that said:
"Small minds discuss people.
Average minds discuss events.
Great minds discuss ideas."

Another rat flees the sinking ship. Not actually calling him a rat, speaking metaphorically. Wonder what impact this will have on the state of Cyberpunk, and if it will ever be the game they promised in all those Night City Wires.

Top Bottom