The director of the Witcher 3 and CP2077 has left CD Projekt Red

+
ooooooooooohhhh nnnnnnnnnnoooooooo .... someone find something positive to post quickly to give us hope for CP77 after this kind of "happening".....
"I need a doughnut ........and a malt"

msxyz

Forum regular
Personally, I prefer working under a demanding, brutally-direct and strong lead than under a soft spoken (but often two faced) manager, but that's me. Unfortunately nowadays, avoiding to hurt feelings has become more important that a good kick in the back when is needed, especially with young and inexperienced people who behave like they're entitled to anything.

At any rate, social commentaries aside, this is the Nth sign that something is broken inside CDPR. Cyberpunk 2077 always felt to me like the typical high profile, soul-less game you can expect from the likes of Electronic Arts or Activision (bug and glitches, aside - those are an entirely different matter that is better left to other threads). Sure maybe ambition played a role, but it's clear that most of the problems were originated by the direction (or maybe clear lack of) during the development.

What gives me a bad feeling is that of "bullying"
In spanish media they are talking about "harassment"
[...]

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a bad feeling about this.
first the lead designer now the director.... the launch decision is falling on the mangaments feet... if they realize what they've done in the end? got a very bad feeling as well...
Post automatically merged:

I do not see bad news, surely there are great creatives wanting to enter CDPR
highly doubtful in its current state and image all around the globe and media...

Shame, guy was the face of TW3 during promo campaign... Since the exact details surrounding these allegations are unknown, I'll refrain from saying more than "Thank you for your work on TW1, 2, 3 and CP2077".

Well said, we don't really know the details and speculating one way or another is not a fruitful endeavor.

All we can do is judge the man's work and for that reason I can wholeheartedly get behind this statement, a thank you and a good fortune in the future.

Imagine half a year ago somebody told you cyberpunk will be the biggest game flop in years and CDPR top talents are leaving the company every month or so. Would you believe it?

Imagine half a year ago somebody told you cyberpunk will be the biggest game flop in years and CDPR top talents are leaving the company every month or so. Would you believe it?
half year ago they said "it comes when its ready" - did u believe that? – i believed the awesome witcher team would gift the world with an awesome next generation title... i would never have believe the outcome and everything what followed...

Funny definition of a flop, either way people come and go over the years we don't know the real reason behind this and no matter how you want to paint it things move on, they always have and they always will whether one agrees with it or not.

I do understand the frustration (part of me is frustrated as well) but by this time I believe one should have made up their minds about all of this and either stuck with it in good faith or moved on by now.

But that would have been sensible...

Funny definition of a flop, either way people come and go over the years we don't know the real reason behind this and no matter how you want to paint it things move on, they always have and they always will whether one agrees with it or not.

I do understand the frustration (part of me is frustrated as well) but by this time I believe one should have made up their minds about all of this and either stuck with it in good faith or moved on by now.

But that would have been sensible...
do u really think the leaves of either the lead designer or the lead director fall under "people come and people go, move on, they always have and always will" category? i mean seriously? ^^

CDPR just can't get a break from negative news, and to be honest there isn't any good new to report as the next gen patch for Witcher 3 is still not out and Cyberpunk is still in a terrible beta state. How hard the mighty has fallen...

in my opinion neither the lead designer nor the lead director would have left the company if cp77 would have had a flawless pure positiv launch without any critics, issues and questionable statements for the press/public etc. - pressure, reviews and worksituation are mostly the reasons for their departures... but thats me.

why leaving something you can be proud of? on the other hand whats the easiest way to do if u have to clean a mess u actually cant or see no solution for and even more important you are not responsible for? you take actions in one or another way...

Last edited:
Now that Konrad Tomaszkiewicz has departed, perhaps CDPR can proceed distraction free with the daunting task of fixing CP2077 and getting the next gen ports off of the ground in 2H 2021. I hope this is a sign of this saga turning the corner and not just the latest bit of bad news in an ongoing tragedy.

I want good things for CP2077 and good things for the company. These will bring good things to the end users like me.

Guest 3847602

do u really think the leaves of either the lead designer or the lead director fall under "people come and people go, move on, they always have and always will" category? i mean seriously? ^^
Andrzej Zawadzki was a lead gameplay designer. One of four lead gameplay designers on Cyberpunk. As far as I'm aware, Patryk Fiutowski, Artur Sobczyk and Łukasz Szczepanoski have not left CDPR. Don't mean to downlplay anything and say that Andrzej's exit is irrelevant, but I still feel like this is something that people should know before they start with doom and gloom predictions.

Andrzej Zawadzki was a lead gameplay designer. One of four lead gameplay designers on Cyberpunk. As far as I'm aware, Patryk Fiutowski, Artur Sobczyk and Łukasz Szczepanoski have not left CDPR. Don't mean to downlplay anything and say that Andrzej's exit is irrelevant, but I still feel like this is something that people should know before they start with doom and gloom predictions.
It's how they leaves that predicts doom and gloom. Based on - as far as I know - rumors...

yeah sure but its hard to believe that its just coincidence that different leads left the boat in the current situation by "its just their time to move on". More like they also felt f*cked by the management. Especially if they are meant to clean the mess on the table they are not responsible for - more the opposite they warned the mangamen to go live in its current state but were greatly ignored.

i like your optimism :D - if i just could think that naiv, my life would be way easier : / (no offense tho ^^)
Goes both ways, no offense ^^.

Either way, what's it to you or me?

We don't know what happened, Cyberpunk sold well, CDPR moves on people move on, no matter the reason, things change - for better or for worse I can't say, but can you?

I really don't see the appeal behind all of this negativism of some people, the guy might have had issues, might have caused issues as well, it seems to me people speak with such certainty that borderlines on telepathy, wish I had such mental prowess...

There's two ways this can turn out, CDPR ends up like BioWare or CDPR remedies the situation and moves on like they have thus far - I really can't say which is the case as of yet.

Top Bottom