The Edgerunners (HUGE) Bump

+
I imagine the people at CDPR have such a strange relationship with Cyberpunk.

It's like a heart monitor for what it's been doing to their company.

I imagine the people at CDPR have such a strange relationship with Cyberpunk.

It's like a heart monitor for what it's been doing to their company.

You know, if CDPR had been on top of things from the beginning, it wouldn't have been a rollercoaster. It wouldve been a solid success story. The world, the game, and the IP has always had lots of potential and still does, but CDPR has just mishandled almost everything at some point. The rest of the world just reacts based on their perception of the game.

Despite thousands of lines of harsh critique since from before the game even launched, I'm still here. Thats to show how much untapped potential the IP has. (I still stand behind everything Ive said, btw)

You know, if CDPR had been on top of things from the beginning, it wouldn't have been a rollercoaster. It wouldve been a solid success story. The world, the game, and the IP has always had lots of potential and still does, but CDPR has just mishandled almost everything at some point. The rest of the world just reacts based on their perception of the game.

Despite thousands of lines of harsh critique since from before the game even launched, I'm still here. Thats to show how much untapped potential the IP has. (I still stand behind everything Ive said, btw)

1664288731588.png

To be fair, I actually do believe the story that CD Projekt Red got hustled by one of the game testers they hired. It makes a lot of sense that they got misled but it needed another year to get where it needed to be. I suppose they really wanted to make that 2020 deadine for verisimilitude's sake.

Still, the game is mostly fixed now and I enjoyed it even when it was in its buggiest state and I was a PS4 Slim player.

I think they should stick with it for another couple of years, personally, PS4 being left behind or not but it's at least something they can look back on with pride.

Not sure if their stock price recovered, though.

To be fair, I actually do believe the story that CD Projekt Red got hustled by one of the game testers they hired. It makes a lot of sense that they got misled but it needed another year to get where it needed to be. I suppose they really wanted to make that 2020 deadine for verisimilitude's sake.

No, Im not buying that. Because majority of design decisions they have made since the beginning have been poor. Im talking about decisions you do before even getting a testable product out.

Things like 1st person mode only, story, UI, game engine, music, combat handling, character progression, itemization, everything. Everything was bad. Its cannot be pinned on the playtesters. Bugs, perhaps, but like bugs have been only 10% of the issues I see. IP is great with unlimited potential, but they just failed at everything and have been forced to fix every item on the list one by one. (and some just ignored)

Not sure if their stock price recovered, though.
It doesn't mean anything before they start actually announcing new things.

As business, they sold enough to end up on black in first month and have since then sold 6-7 million more copies. That's not counting what they are getting from all the other CP 2077 related merchandise.

The rest was waiting game, the bank wins in these scenarios and CDRP was bank.

No, Im not buying that. Because majority of design decisions they have made since the beginning have been poor. Im talking about decisions you do before even getting a testable product out.

Things like 1st person mode only, story, UI, game engine, music, combat handling, character progression, itemization, everything. Everything was bad. Its cannot be pinned on the playtesters. Bugs, perhaps, but like bugs have been only 10% of the issues I see. IP is great with unlimited potential, but they just failed at everything and have been forced to fix every item on the list one by one. (and some just ignored)

It failed everything? First person mode is a artistic choice, story subjective, UI is fine, I don't know what you mean by game engine, music? The fuck? Most people would agree at launch they fucking nailed the music, combat handling it's fine, nothing revolutionary, same with character progression, not sure what you mean by itemization. What you listed was your personal opinion, nothing of that was objective. You just listed a bunch a stuff, but didn't go into detail.

I remember a big bump and very positive nod after 1.5, but the numbers have really been staying high since Edgerunners and the update for it. Very impressive. I really think the show and corresponding sale got people curious to see the state of the game more than the 1.5 drop.

I wonder if some of the stuff seen on Edgerunners may wind up in a patch or Phantom Liberty, but the nods and the jacket in-game are enough for me.

Top Bottom