the end (spoilers)

+
I think the main characters, I mean Geralt and Yennefer, are not dead. They probably went to other world as Ciri. And live happily by the end of their days.

Did Sapkowski mention any time if he will ever wrigth more about Geralt ? I suppose this question had asked to him more that one time...

Sashka said:
Did Sapkowski mention any time if he will ever wrigth more about Geralt ? I suppose this question had asked to him more that one time...
He said that probably not, unless he really needs money at some point.

What a pitty! Here in Spain isn´t yet published the last book, but playing the game I read Geralt died, and it makes me feel sad and don´t like anymore, I don´t like sad ends but I will buy the book instead...And if Sapkowski don´t wright anymore, then the end is truly the dead...Ooooooooooh, I will cry, I knowwwwwwwww!

Sashka - the saga's ending is open and polysemantic. Some people think that Geralt died (for example me), some people that he survived. You should read it and decide yourself.Sapkowski told in some interviews that he wrote all what he want to tell about Geralt and his world. Some fans have hope that he write something new about Witcher's world, but it is very little probable...

Thanks, Tr, for the explanation... Perhaps if we the fans make pressure, for example collectin signatures, and get a pretty number and send those to him, he would take pity on us.Sapkowski, don´t be so cruel with us! Don´t close the door for ever!

Sashka said:
Thanks, Tr, for the explanation... Perhaps if we the fans make pressure, for example collectin signatures, and get a pretty number and send those to him, he would take pity on us.Sapkowski, don´t be so cruel with us! Don´t close the door for ever!
I guess 'a pretty' number on his bank account would be far more convincing to him, than a number of fans begging for the next book. ;)

If I jog my memory correctly... during those Witcher weeks on Gametrailers http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=2266.0 and http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=2316.0 in one of these Making of videos Michal Madej mentioned the end of Sapkowski's Geralt saga. And I think he said, he asked the author whether Geralt (and Yennefer) died and Sapkowski answered, Geralt didn't die. Hence that was an opportune base for the game with the "five years later when Geralt was supposed to be dead" idea.I hope I didn't mishear ;D

A pretty number of signatures is a big number of buyers of a new book... all is money, don´t you think so?

PetraSilie said:
If I jog my memory correctly... during those Witcher weeks on Gametrailers http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=2266.0 and http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=2316.0 in one of these Making of videos Michal Madej mentioned the end of Sapkowski's Geralt saga. And I think he said, he asked the author whether Geralt (and Yennefer) died and Sapkowski answered, Geralt didn't die. Hence that was an opportune base for the game with the "five years later when Geralt was supposed to be dead" idea.I hope I didn't mishear ;D
Still, there's the question of how he got back to his world from Avalon, and where's Yen?

He didn't go into details, didn't mention Yen. But such being the case Yen is one of the main characters of the saga she may be a factor for a sequel... very very i hypothetical assumption ;D

well, the meaning of the end of saga is this: they were moved to avalon, that is, to a myth.

For me is very important that Ciri is found by Galahad. Galahad is one of the knights of Round Table and in the arthurian myth he found the Holy Grail. For me this ending mean that Ciri is Holy Grail. Sorry for My English

dka said:
For me is very important that Ciri is found by Galahad. Galahad is one of the knights of Round Table and in the arthurian myth he found the Holy Grail. For me this ending mean that Ciri is Holy Grail. Sorry for My English
I agree with you..

Both with amnesia?! My, that would be a nightmare. I doubt that'll be used twice. I hope Yen and Ciri aren't captured by an evil mage, a secret disciple of Vilgheforz (hope you understand whom I mean), who dreams about powers over time and space. I'd like to see something new, connected with politics, international relationship between Northern and Southern Kingdoms, schemes of the female League and other wizards etc. And one poor witcher with no time to rest ;)

Ciri was just a little girl who got into serious trouble. Worst of all, she was alone. I'd not call her silly, confused perhaps. During all her short life everyone has been promising not to leave her - and their word wasn't kept. Heh, what would you do in her shoes? Go to the emperor?:) Also she came to a right conclusion at last: an example of dread must be shown to evil, and she - a witcheress ;) - must do the job. Right words for me.

Top Bottom