the end (spoilers)

+
the end (spoilers)

So a few weeks ago the last book was released in my country and I finnished it yesterday...The ending was like "I cant understand anything" I also heard that the only mage in The Witcher game will be Triss...so what realy happened to Geralt and Yennefer???

PowazfromRivia said:
So a few weeks ago the last book was released in my country and I finnished it yesterday...The ending was like "I cant understand anything" I also heard that the only mage in The Witcher game will be Triss...so what realy happened to Geralt and Yennefer???
It's an open ending. Most likely they died. It's possible they were taken to another world/dimension and healed but if you know Sapkowski you shouldn't kid yourself.

PowazfromRivia said:
You mean the game _and_ the book? The main character Geralt disappears? If he does in the game, maybe it's a vage hint for a Witcher II game, he turns up in an other world (as macell said) and it has new content for a continuation ^..^

macell said:
macell said:
It's an open ending. Most likely they died. It's possible they were taken to another world/dimension and healed but if you know Sapkowski you shouldn't kid yourself.
Yeah...I know the style of Sapkowski :D but I dont think they dead...Becuase we will play Geralt in the game...But only Sapkowski could tell the truth

PetraSilie said:
PetraSilie said:
You mean the game _and_ the book? The main character Geralt disappears? If he does in the game, maybe it's a vage hint for a Witcher II game, he turns up in an other world (as macell said) and it has new content for a continuation ^..^
No, the question was about the books ending.

Well Sapkowski wrote a short story Something ends, something begins - although long time ago, when the saga wasn't finished yet. It's about Geralt's and Yennefer's wedding. And many familiar characters appear there: Ciri, Yarpen, Tris, Neneke, Jaskier, Dorregaray (!), ...
PowazfromRivia said:
I also heard that the only mage in The Witcher game will be Triss...so what realy happened to Geralt and Yennefer???
Really? Gerlalt without his complicated relationship to Yennferer (at least without some flashbacks to it) and without the "clashes" with other magi... Will he be the same character then? :-\

Zbydan said:
Well Sapkowski wrote a short story Something ends, something begins - although long time ago, when the saga wasn't finished yet. It's about Geralt's and Yennefer's wedding. And many familiar characters appear there: Ciri, Yarpen, Tris, Neneke, Jaskier, Dorregaray (!), ...
Sapkowski always says it wasn't the real ending. Which also suggests he meant them dead.

Geralt was in bandages. And Ciri had this ability to pass to other dimmensiones/worlds like she did to the other elven dimmension. So I think some can say that they are dead, and some, that they were taken away.The most beautiful thing was, that almost the whole team died..... beautiful ending.

Yeah, the end is good but looks slightly like the ending of LOTR. They are also sailing away and no one knows where...

I have to say I hated the Camelot bit.I think G and Y both died and C just led them to the afterlife- hence the boat. In the game G comes back with amnesia and, as Bonhart would say, I'd lay diamonds against nuts he took a sip or two from the Styx river.

OkSPOILERThe ending goes like this: Geralt receves mortal wound, Yennefer destroyes her organism trying to heal him.then the unicorn arrives, and Ciri takes energy from it and cast a spell on them. Then they are lied in a boat and Ciri takes them into the mist.Thay awaken in the place smelling of apples, and Ciri is gone SPOILER ENDSnow - this is strongly inspierd by the arthurian myth - The place they end in is Full of apple tris, as Avalon, th island of Apples, And Ciri is colled the Lady of the Lake many times before.Also Sapkowski Deliberatly avoid using words dead, ding etc. Ciri uses word "odchodzą" in polish witch can mean both "leave" AND "pass away"Also, it IS suggested that Ciri just might be able to heal them, or at least she is convinced of it, butshe cannot acsses the magic energy(reasons given in previous books) before the Unicorn arrives.On the other hand - Zoltan and others ar clearly convinced they are deadConclusion - the ending is open They may be just dead, but they also may be taken to another world alive (Ciri as well as unicorns can travell between worlds)

Mancubus said:
OkSPOILERThe ending goes like this: Geralt receves mortal wound, Yennefer destroyes her organism trying to heal him.then the unicorn arrives, and Ciri takes energy from it and cast a spell on them. Then they are lied in a boat and Ciri takes them into the mist.Thay awaken in the place smelling of apples, and Ciri is gone SPOILER ENDSnow - this is strongly inspierd by the arthurian myth - The place they end in is Full of apple tris, as Avalon, th island of Apples, And Ciri is colled the Lady of the Lake many times before.Also Sapkowski Deliberatly avoid using words dead, ding etc. Ciri uses word "odchodzą" in polish witch can mean both "leave" AND "pass away"Also, it IS suggested that Ciri just might be able to heal them, or at least she is convinced of it, butshe cannot acsses the magic energy(reasons given in previous books) before the Unicorn arrives.On the other hand - Zoltan and others ar clearly convinced they are deadConclusion - the ending is open They may be just dead, but they also may be taken to another world alive (Ciri as well as unicorns can travell between worlds)
Hey! One little question regarding this, as it's got me really intrigued. How does Geralt receive the mortal wound? Is it by any chance from a peasant as the game suggests (i hope not :S).

Top Bottom