The endings are disappointing [Spoilers]

+

Should some endings allow you to continue to play?

• Yes, where it makes sense.

• Yes, all of them.

• No.

• Don't care.

Results are only viewable after voting.
When I was given the selection to either die in 6 month or enter the soul vault until they got a body ready for me, I enjoyed every second of that ending up to the point where I realized that I cannot continue this character at all. That was not only very disappointing to me because I really wanted to finish some missions, it also it kinda breaks the story.

Sure, you can't continue your character if you gave it over to Jonny, or if you just killed yourself, but if you take the option to return to earth you really should be sent back to your apartment. And if you select the soul vault option, you the same should happen, but you get to remodel your character first. It totally makes no sense that V goes back to earth and the game still stops at this point.

This should've been posted in the "Story" section.
There's already a thread discussing this with over a 1000 replies. :)

And... you're not the only one who thinks that way. :p

Well it is more a gameplay issue, because I just cannot continue to play my character, and that's my main issue. ;)

I think after you beat the game and get an ending, it should just do the usual thing most games do and give you that "endgame" save, where you're just before the final mission and can go back and do any side stuff you want before finishing again.

I think after you beat the game and get an ending, it should just do the usual thing most games do and give you that "endgame" save, where you're just before the final mission and can go back and do any side stuff you want before finishing again.
No idea which other open world does that, but that is what the game currently does. It is however quiet frustrating that you can never finish the main story and then just roam around Night City like in literally every other open world game.

I imagine the mods will just place this into the megathread, but yeah. We are with you. Lot of people feel like they can't replay the game either because of breaking the immersion with the quicksave reload ending. Or simply cannot bare the emotional burden of playing their character after that ending.

There is a way to complete the main story, saving both Johnny and yourself, that allows you to continue playing. If the only options you have are 'to die' you missed something somewhere or made a non-optimal decision in one of the major side quests.

There is a way to complete the main story, saving both Johnny and yourself, that allows you to continue playing. If the only options you have are 'to die' you missed something somewhere or made a non-optimal decision in one of the major side quests.
:coolstory:

Madae

Forum veteran
Anyone manage to trigger the "secret ending"? Doesn't look like I can do it, at least according to what I've read and how you go about it. Actually kinda sounds like I would have needed to go the entire game without killing anyone, in addition to a good relationship with Johnny.

Anyone manage to trigger the "secret ending"? Doesn't look like I can do it, at least according to what I've read and how you go about it. Actually kinda sounds like I would have needed to go the entire game without killing anyone, in addition to a good relationship with Johnny.

Wait for a few minutes on the balcony while "debating" the choices. Wait long enough and Johnny will give you the option to run the tower solo. This is considered the most challenging combat experience in the game by most that have attempted it.

Do a manual save before Johnny offers though, as there are no 'do-overs' once the run is started. If the last guy in the tower whacks you, you gotta reload a save before entering and do the whole bloody thing again.

Wait for a few minutes on the balcony while "debating" the choices. Wait long enough and Johnny will give you the option to run the tower solo. This is considered the most challenging combat experience in the game by most that have attempted it.

Do a manual save before Johnny offers though, as there are no 'do-overs' once the run is started. If the last guy in the tower whacks you, you gotta reload a save before entering and do the whole bloody thing again.
Yeah, I tried that, with all the choices ready, or just the johnny/rogue choice ready, and I don't get anything. Waited at least 15 minutes on both, maybe longer. What you said is what the articles I read said.

I don't know which ending you refer to, but I actually was presented with the option to live. They even sent me back home, the game just ended at that point nevertheless. And all I ever wanted was to enjoy the game without the burden of the main story.

Top Bottom