The Enhanced Edition update is now available for all PC users

+
markmax said:
why is witcher 2 not available on steam in UK??

It's available, but apparently not auto-triggering. Based on the forum posts over at Steam, running Verify Cache should trigger it. You may need to close and re-open the Steam client first.

mnomaha said:
Holy hell! This is a 12.25 G update? Are you kidding??

That's because of the voice-files and four hours of new content...For free! Don't complain, because you will get no sympathy here towards your plight if you do. You might want to download it in chunks via the manual update that way, you can download only what you need.

~~EDIT~~
A note to anyone still having problems with the update due to corruption, first uninstall any mods that you have and see if that helps, and two, go here Thanks to Licaon_Kter for posting this, as it cleared up everything!

mnomaha said:
Holy hell! This is a 12.25 G update? Are you kidding??
<sarcasm>
I know, right? I'd rather pay 8$ for ~200 MB content that's already on the disc and developed in the same time frame of the original 60$ game than this free shit.
</sarcasm>

Also having the same problem with pack0.dzip. Can we just skip that file, then download it separate from some other place?

Cheiron said:
Also having the same problem with pack0.dzip. Can we just skip that file, then download it separate from some other place?

No. You have to get the correct copy of the broken patch file. It's just one 300 MB file that you need to fetch. The pack0.dzip file is much larger, and nobody could give you a copy anyway.

Go to http://en.thewitcher.com/ee_manual, download the file from the link "Part 2", and replace the old copy of "TW2EE_Patch-2.bin" with the new copy you downloaded. Then run "TW2EE_Patch.exe", and it will reinstall the patch.

Do not ignore errors in the patch process. If there is any error, some part of your game will end up broken. If you ignore the error on pack0.dzip, large parts of your game will be missing, and you will need to repeat the patch anyway.

Deleted and re-downloaded "part 2" 3 times from that location, but didn't solve the problem for me. Am now re-downloading everything else... re-downloaded upto part 15 right now, and still having the problem.

[edit] would it be too much to ask for some built-in checksum program that will immediately tell you which part is corrupted and needs to be re-downloaded?

[edit2] after re-downloading the entire set from that 'manual' directory, the setup now works. Conclusion: the downloader included in the official patcher is untrustworthy and useless. I hope they can improve that for the future...

Using the launcher to patch the game doesn't seem to have a working resume function - it deletes the 2nd patch file then redownloads everything from there meaning if you were halfway done, then you have to start over again. Gog.com has split the patch into 2gb sections making it more convenient to download for people with limited time/download gbs.

Same problem - also the link on the Support for this issue is incorrect. Dont fancy downloading another 10GB without being assured that it will work this time!!!

I was glad for all those fixes introduced in Enhanced Edition. Well that lasted only until I read release notes. I expected changes more like in Witcher 1 Enhanced Edition, like better inventory in style of W1EE with improved weight balance or place to stack items so player won´t need them to carry everywhere with him, or combining weak mutagens in stronger ones in style of Mutagenology mod or at least more mutagen position in skill tree. I won´t even mention expectations of polishing Czech translation which remains quite rough especially if played with PL dub so there is a lot sore points to see.
Sadly none of those things happened.
Even more sadly, there was further reduction in Quen sign and Parry ability (which even though quite irritating is still surviveable) but terminating effect of Cateye potion whenever player talks to NPC is "a little" over top, not saying completely illogical.

You may believe I was overly optimistic and that may be true, especially if you consider expectations of team that is intentionaly avoiding saying little truth, that Witcher 2 was from beginning primarily targeted on consoles, thus lack DX11 graphic effects as consoles wouldn´t be able to render them (they are DX9.0c) and we can´t have game look worse on consoles, can we? Also we´ll use PC release to help us debug game before releasing it to consoles. Though to be fair there are mitigating circumstances like DRM free release, back up copy (BTW, when we will see it by first Witcher too?) and further longtime support.

All and all I have very mixed feeling about this game. Its great, but there is so much of lost potential. Let hope to see release of modkit, that was promised so long ago.

This is unbelievable. I'm itching to play the enhanched version. The hotfix above does not work for me. Arse.

Hey, how about giving us an update that DOESN'T have bad files in it? That would help, don't you think, huh? FIX the damn PATCH would ya?

Ok I was very surprised to see this bump up (after over a year that is!)

Hope this helps:

GuyN said:
Go to http://en.thewitcher.com/ee_manual, download the file from the link "Part 2", and replace the old copy of "TW2EE_Patch-2.bin" with the new copy you downloaded. Then run "TW2EE_Patch.exe", and it will reinstall the patch.

Do not ignore errors in the patch process. If there is any error, some part of your game will end up broken. If you ignore the error on pack0.dzip, large parts of your game will be missing, and you will need to repeat the patch anyway.

Top Bottom