The epic GWENT Saovine Holiday Event has begun!

+
Please, keep your posts respectful, and avoid excessive profanity.
Way to listen to feedback from past non-fun events; make another random drop event. If feels like its a complete waste of time giving feedback about this to the devs; perhaps time to check out from this game, this is just getting ridiculous.
Post automatically merged:

I did win 2 matches and got 2 trinkets, so hopefully you unlock all the trinkets first and only after you unlocked them all there will be scraps and ore in them, that would at least make it lot less annoying compared to the Xmas one.

Nope; that was suggested in the previous RNG events, to at least make the RNG less terrible; but once again all the player feedback seems to have been ignored, because 'who cares' seems to be the attitude behind these RNG events.

Last edited:
I don't like the style of the cardbacks. And by the way, Shupe's Pumpkin head can rival Geralt's donkey ears.

:giveup:

During my play session tonight i've gotten 4 event trinkets, a ton of powder and no ore !
I must admit the rewards are quite good even though it's RnG, i just hope i get the cardbacks before they're gone.
I love the Shupe skin, makes for a perfect choice to literaly troll around ! :D

I have to agree with some of the comments above - I don't like the random nature of the rewards. I have no idea if I'll ever get the card backs. I have no idea if I'll get the trinkets. Maybe everytime all I'll get is powder. It's just a case of playing games, winning games and then seeing what you get. This sucks.
I'd much rather this was based on some kind of progression system. The more we play the more we get. Now it just seems utterly random like the last Halloween/Christmas themed event.
CDPR - we don't like random sh!t. We're card game players and by extension we're all on the spectrum. We like to have goals to aim for. Play this many cards, play that many cards, it doesn't matter; what matters to us is that playing the game in a lineal motion leads to us getting the ornaments. This random achievement of ornaments is really off-putting.

I'm all for complaints when warranted (cough CP2077 cough) but giving us free stuff, random or not, is a good thing. Yes a little more detail before the roll out would have helped, but in the end it's still a giveaway.

I bought the Shupe bundle but the options that say "also available as part of the special Shupe's Saovine bundle offer" are still showing up. Seems like if I own something it should disappear from the options of things available to buy.

I bought the Shupe bundle but the options that say "also available as part of the special Shupe's Saovine bundle offer" are still showing up. Seems like if I own something it should disappear from the options of things available to buy.

Agreed !

I have thought of this my self, looks like the Gwent shop doesn't even check what you've firstly bought, this might confuse some people and end up charging em twice for the same things.
I'm not sure if the system checks if you already have the items you're trying to buy when you attempt to buy em twice but i presume it doesn't as it doesn't warn you about buying other seasonal trinkets you find in bundles that you can get/have gotten through the regular progression system.

There should be at least a somekind of warning .

Excuse me, it would appear there is a bug in the game. All factions except Skellige have been removed from the game but somehow I can still play any faction I want. :O I tried restarting the game but still I only match up against SK but I myself can play any faction I want, pretty weird. :rolleyes:

Excuse me, it would appear there is a bug in the game. All factions except Skellige have been removed from the game but somehow I can still play any faction I want. :O I tried restarting the game but still I only match up against SK but I myself can play any faction I want, pretty weird. :rolleyes:
The irony is palpable on this one ! :coolstory:
"One faction to rule em all"

Weird indeed... it's like the game is telling ya...
"Go on... pick whatever ya like, i'm just gonna use SK and bore you to death" :eek::giveup:

I hope whatever it is it gets fixed fast, there have been a lot of server issues in the EU lately.

DRK3

Forum veteran
I spend one day away from these forums and that's precisely when Gwent actually decides to release an event :giveup:

(EDIT) and after reading some more, seems like im screwed, already missed 1.5 days in a 7 days event, and i remember last year, the Xmas event lasted for 3 weeks and it took me almost that time to get all trinkets and here the number of trinkets is not that different and requires actual wins, so i cant go full wacky decks... RIP :cry:

Last edited:
Werid, I see only NR....

5 boxes in a row full of ore. Two beforehand had a title and the Innkeeper avatar.

These are my drops so far in order:
Spooky Lantern Avatar
30 Powder
Saovine Customs Border
Title - Ghostly Warrior
Desperate Measures Border
Innkeeper Avatar
30 Powder
50 Ore
Alp Avatar
50 Ore
Clever's Ghost Avatar
30 Powder
50 ore
30 Ore
Unseen Elder Avatar
50 Ore
50 Ore
Ectoplasm Lab Border
30 Powder
30 Powder
30 Powder
50 Ore
50 Ore
50 Ore
50 ore
50 ore
50 ore

Seems rather bad when all you are after are the cardbacks and now you have 9 trashy drops in a row.

It seems like there is some sort of limit of daily cosmetic drops because 9 in a row of nothing seems not very 'random' at this point.

DRK3

Forum veteran
So, i played 2-3 hours and it wasnt as bad as i thought. Why?

On the previous events like the snowman's gifts you could only get 2-3 max per day. In this one you can get way more, i already got like 6/7 trinkets from the treasures, as it seems just like the previous events, you're more likely to get trinkets on the first chests you open each day.

Also, are players actively fishing for newbies? I thought i would have a harder time winning in casual, against more tryharding, but i got many players insta forfeiting as they saw me. Was it the Jack of All Trades title/ Ultimate Journey skin? And are they looking for cardsmiths, for easy wins?

I was using Fruits of Ysgith, so i dont think they were scared of my leader as its not in the meta right now.
Luckily these wins still give you the chest, i would rather have a guaranteed chest on each win than a chance of a gift on a snowman every match (there was one early everyday, then sometimes i would go 7-10 matches with none)

I spend one day away from these forums and that's precisely when Gwent actually decides to release an event :giveup:

(EDIT) and after reading some more, seems like im screwed, already missed 1.5 days in a 7 days event, and i remember last year, the Xmas event lasted for 3 weeks and it took me almost that time to get all trinkets and here the number of trinkets is not that different and requires actual wins, so i cant go full wacky decks... RIP :cry:
I missed the first day myself, having finally finished the last of the Journey quests and reaching level 175 only a few hours before the event launched. I was actually intending to take a week-long break before this event was announced, but alas they managed to draw me back in.

At least the drop rate for trinkets seems pretty high (at least 30%). Still, even if you won hundreds of matches throughout the week, there's no guarantee that you would end up with all the trinkets due to the random nature of the event. Best of luck to everyone with their rewards.

This event is decent in terms of generous reward for both cosmetics and resources. 50 ore and 30 meteorite powder are generous to free to play players. I also considered buying some cosmetics in return for that.

The rng of the pumpkin loot boxes is acceptable for me. I've opened 30-40 boxes so far and got all cosmetics already. I believe if any players can win 50 games during the event weekend in total should get the card back.

The part that I feel it can improve are:
1. The announcement can be made earlier. What's about one or two weeks ahead rather than 1 days after the update?

2. The loot box should also add CP. If 50 ore or 30 meteorites equivalent to 1RP in Reward Tree, 12CP can do the same trick. This will help players who desperately grind the Journey (and they can't purchase fast travel after level 100) can catch up and earn Ciri cosmetic.

Top Bottom