The Epic GWENT Winter Holiday Event Has Begun!

+

Guest 4368268

Speaking of rewards, has anyone gotten that new Ciri border yet for refering a friend (that then completed the tutorial) cause I didn't.

Anyway, I think I've gotten a title, two/three avatars and a border out of the winter event thus far. Early in the day I get one/two rewards in my dozen games and then no more for the day.

didnt see whats inside 2 gifts. dont know. there is no avatar, no playground, nothing. was it empty?

and for today... played 15 matches, absolutely NO gift. what?

U have to look in the top right corner ... one flash means border, title or avatar ... 2 flashes = iron or scraps only :mad:.

Thank you for this. I thought it was bugged and/or I was getting bent over. Opened three that I thought contained nothing.

In Czech we have a saying: Don't look at gifted horses teeth. It means: don't complain about gifts. Unfortunately, that is the only nice thing i can say about this event.

I like the event a lot! Hence, first of all, thanks for granting the possibility to get some nice stuff for free! :cool:

In Czech we have a saying: Don't look at gifted horses teeth. It means: don't complain about gifts.

Exactly, even if it´s only "ore"; why complain about it? It´s still additional ressource.

DRK3

Forum veteran
I think CDPR should definitely increase the drop rate.

This event's purpose is to motivate players to play more with the prospect of gifts. But a player that plays 2-3 hours a day, every day probably already contributes enough with his playtime, no? So maybe he should be able to get all these vanities without farming gifts... But only if he's lucky (i definitely am not)

The drop rate needs to be more complex. A daily cap makes sense, to keep people from farming all quickly, but the reverse should also be true and it isnt: the first gift per day should be almost certain and perhaps even contain a vanity guaranteed, not like it is now that sometimes takes over 20 matches until you get it.

Today it took around 15 snowmen before the first present (15 ore). After that I started counting, I am currently at 25 snowmen in row without present. I have only received a few presents the last three days, only ore. It is nice to add gifts, but the droprate, and the chance of getting cardbacks etc feels way too low. It is like playing with kittens pulling a string. They get unenthusiastic when the reach is too far.

This thread confuses me. I have a lot of gifts with the snowmens. Sometimes it is a package, you can open in the shop, and sometimes is it ore or scraps or both immediately without a package. Vanities are rare, but that makes sense and a gift is a gift, even if it is "only" ore.

Event is nice, the new vanity items are really neat especially the cardbacks... which begs the question.. why is the reward system in this event made with such poor rng ? I never understand devs that do a lot of (good) work creating something then obstructing players from getting them.. All in all its a pretty good event the quests are nice the mode is fun but man, this snowmen farming rng thing really blows, kills the fun which one could have by getting the new shinies. I really hope they wont do another one like this.
Anyways merry christmas to all of you guys! :)
Edit: when I get scraps or ores, that really does hurt the most, lmao it's like getting coal from santa.

Last edited:
Sorry if I created the topic in the wrong room. Like new on the forum, I can only here. Already 8 gifts in a row, I come across only ore. Considering that you can get 1-2 gifts a day, and looking at the New Year’s cardback from other players, I begin to wonder I'm just so bad luck or some kind of bug has occurred. Why do I only get ore?

P.S. Many thanks to CDPR for such an event and wonderful cosmetic rewards for free. But I will add a little constructive criticism. The implementation of this event is simply terrible. A completely incomprehensible way of receiving gifts, incomprehensible chances of receiving. How much can I get per day? What is the chance of getting the cosmetics out of the gift received? A bug is also known when it is not shown what is in the gift. In the game there is no information board pop-up at the entrance informing about the received awards (as a Midwinter Wanderer title or Winter board) or the beginning of the event and what is its essence. Many still do not know that to receive awards you need to play on a winter board and crumble a snowman.

I didn't want to complain about this event, because i consider impolite complaining about something that's free, but [ . . . ]
1) 57 snowmen just to get 25 ore [ . . . ] Everything is 100% random, there is no consistency at all! This "treasure hunt" is not fun, it is obnoxious and frustrating. If you want to give people some free shit and make them play the game more in the proces, this is not the way.
2) Because of how poorly this event is designed, the "click the snowman and give up" meta took over casual mode - you can't play the game, your opponent will not let you!
3) Why the hell is the event Santa themed?!?!?! Are you telling me there are no Slavic Christmas traditions?! Or is it that hard to come up with something Witcher themed?! Santa has nothing to do with the Witcher universe!

The game is impossible to play, because 90% of matches end after 1 turn. On top of that Seasonal is a disaster, Arena sucks in general and Ranked sucks as well, because MoO sucks. So "good" job CDPR.

Last edited by a moderator:

DRK3

Forum veteran
Yes, a lot of people are forfeiting after destroying the snowmen. I confess i do this too, if after 5-10 matches on a new day i still havent found a gift.

My advice is to "look at the glass half full" and take advantage of the free wins: you get rounds won for your daily quest progress and these wins also count for your contracts, like leader mastery. Im working on my 23rd leader mastery, and these free wins help with the motivation to reach 100 quicker.

Top Bottom