The Faces of Night City

+
I took an evening walk around Night City yesterday. Luckily, my camera is always in my backpack.

This place is full of people willing to express their emotions in many different ways. In other words, it's a wonderful playground for virtual photographers who would like to improve their skills in taking random street portraits.

I managed to develop some of my shots.

1cyber_portret26.jpg

2cyber_portret1.jpg

3cyber_portret10.jpg

4cyber_portret14.jpg

5cyber_portret12.jpg

6cyber_portret5.jpg

7cyber_portret17.jpg

8cyber_portret19.jpg

9cyber_portret7.jpg

10cyber_portret16.jpg

Post automatically merged:

And some more...

11cyber_portret24.jpg

12cyber_portret8.jpg

13cyber_portret13.jpg

14cyber_portret25.jpg

15cyber_portret22.jpg

16cyber_portret15.jpg

17cyber_street_photo1.jpg

18cyber_portret6.jpg

19cyber_portret20.jpg

20cyber_portret27.jpg

Last edited:
There are terrific. Nice job on the composition and lighting. Light is very tricky in the photomode since you have to mostly rely on environmental light sources and can't move them around, so especially well done.

I also enjoy placing V in scenes with NPCs to create moments of story. Here are some of those. (I put my CP77 photos up in a Google folder too if you want to see more - https://photos.app.goo.gl/4dCHVNeaRhyf4kom6 ).

photomode_07012021_145614.jpg
photomode_07012021_224645.jpg
photomode_14012021_234203.jpg
photomode_17012021_040458.jpg
photomode_17012021_055937.jpg

Last edited:
Here are some of those. (I put my CP77 photos up in a Google folder too if you want to see more - https://photos.app.goo.gl/4dCHVNeaRhyf4kom6 ).

Some great shots there! It really looks like a portfolio of some noted street photographer from Night City. I was having fun while browsing your pictures. Lots of cool action and interesting genre scenes. Nice job!

If you start using BW filter we might get a cyberpunk incarnation of Bresson. ;)

Nice job on the composition and lighting. Light is very tricky in the photomode since you have to mostly rely on environmental light sources and can't move them around, so especially well done.

Yes, it was quite difficult to find some light sources that would make the captured faces less "flat". Sometimes it took several minutes to notice some interesting physiognomy, follow the NPC to the right spot, frame the picture with the proper use of zoom, and take a shot. But I really enjoy wandering around Night City.

Excellent compositions and scene setting. Now this is the kind of immersive and compelling activity outside of the normal game mechanics of explore, fight, drive etc, that engages player interest. With all its flaws, pointed out ad nauseum now, we still have a world which even at its base level has within it the capacity to produce art, photographic content, immersive sound and effects, weather and breath-taking scenery. Amidst all the grumbling (however warranted) it's nice to see some positive creative player hobbies going on...

Amidst all the grumbling (however warranted) it's nice to see some positive creative player hobbies going on...

Whenever I think about how many unfinished aspects of this game we have to endure I am trying to convince myself to stop playing it and stop giving CDPR the benefit of the doubt if it comes to patching, polishing some broken mechanics and bringing the cut content back. But then... I start walking these streets again and I can't help but enjoy so many great moments in Night City. It's hard to be in love with CP2077. But it's also hard to break off with this game. ;)

21cyber_portret_duma.jpg

My biggest disappointment in this game is the sheer lack of customization offered on how to make V, i dont mean on cloths or builds i mean the plain old simple character creator, it must be right up there on the most disappointing even though for once hair is actually no bad.

Cannae believe it's 2021 an western developers still offer the same rubbish CC they did a decade ago, oh scrap that swtor has body sizes an thats reaching 10 year an from EA /feints

Sorry for ranting, the more i see pictures of ppl's chars the more i realise how much there all just the same yet theres alot of variety in npc that makes me a tad jelly :p

Nice, I am kinda reminded of that big storage shed in 'Westworld' where they had all the de-activated androids standing in lines...

That's it! I was certain that I saw very similar image somewhere and I just could not remember what it was... :)

Hey. NASA called. They want their supercomputers back. :cool:

Excellent pictures and stunning graphics.

Maybe the next gen versions will be a bit closer to this than the current console versions.

I took an evening walk around Night City yesterday. Luckily, my camera is always in my backpack.

This place is full of people willing to express their emotions in many different ways. In other words, it's a wonderful playground for virtual photographers who would like to improve their skills in taking random street portraits.

I managed to develop some of my shots.
One thing that I'm particularly noticing in looking at your pictures is how many really interesting and good looking people of colour there are in the game. So many video games are 'mostly white', and even when they're not, you don't often see this much care devoted to non-white characters.

The npcs in Night City are pretty cool. I always get distracted by them at some point and take a screenshot. Many of my screenshots relating to random npcs is sort of my own documentation of what they were wearing. I also find myself taking shots of locations, and cars. Visually in love with Cyberpunk 2077.

photomode_02022021_212800.png

photomode_01012021_095635.png

photomode_26012021_200740.png

photomode_26122020_041509.png

photomode_02012021_205517.png

Top Bottom