The Fate of other Characters? (Epilogue)

+
The Fate of other Characters? (Epilogue)

I like that the game gives us at least some notion of what occurred to several main characters in the story however I couldn't help but feel there were several characters whose fate is left unknown by the end of the story whom you have a hand in helping or not helping.

Some that come to mind:

Dandelion
Priscilla
Zoltan
Roche & Ves
Ermion
Avallac'h
Eskel
Letho
Triss or Yennefer (if not chosen as romance option)

I'd just like to see a little more closure on these characters and kind of see a glimmer of what happened to them after the end of the story, especially dependent on whether or not you helped them in their various side quests or not.

It's true that the game's ending lack closure. While I am not as enthusiastic as people in the Immersion Destroyer thread, I do think the game has a serious need of expanding its ending, either by a prolonged slide show or an extra post-ending scene.

Yeah. Dandelion and Precilla epecially. After you finish **that one quest** Dandelion doesn't even achnowledge what happened to Pricilla. It's pretty dumb IMO.

Last edited:
Yeah. Dandelion and Precilla epecially. After you finish **that one quest** Dandelion doesn't even achnowledge what happened to Pricilla. It's pretty dumb IMO.
I was surprised at that, and that there's never an option to get updated on how she's recovering, as time goes by. For someone so dear to Dandelion, I wanted to see it reflected more in the dialogue with him.

In general, I think it would have been very nice to have a more new dialogue options (even if just a single line every time) with some main characters after certain main-quest checkpoints.

I like that the game gives us at least some notion of what occurred to several main characters in the story however I couldn't help but feel there were several characters whose fate is left unknown by the end of the story whom you have a hand in helping or not helping.

Some that come to mind:

Dandelion
Priscilla
Zoltan
Roche & Ves
Ermion
Avallac'h
Eskel
Letho

I'd just like to see a little more closure on these characters and kind of see a glimmer of what happened to them after the end of the story, especially dependent on whether or not you helped them in their various side quests or not.
1. Stays in his own inn, becomes its manager
2. same,
3. same,
4. Move to new Temeria / keep fighting as guerillas
5. Stays in Ard Skellige. This is the easiest one.
6. This one is tricky because 0 clues are given, So I have to guess he returns to his homeworld.
7. He tells you after battle of Kaer Morhen
8. same
9. Triss moves to Kovir anyway, she told you that, Yen stays at Nilfgaardian court.

Apart from Avalac'h everything is very obvious.

In general, I think it would have been very nice to have a more new dialogue options (even if just a single line every time) with some main characters after certain main-quest checkpoints.
I agree. There are some new dialogue options you get from progressing the main quest. Some of them are just a one time thing. But it could use a few more. I kept trying to talk to Yennifer in the last act to see how our smexiness was coming along. But she didn't have any dialogue acknowledging it. HEART = BROKEN. If I had been role-playing, it would've been GAME OVER 'cause Geralt didn't have the strength to go on.

---------- Updated at 01:53 PM ----------

Not true. In my game, 50% of what you said is untrue. You forget this is a game with **choices** & **consequences** that effect the ending.

Originally Posted by aozgolo

Some that come to mind:

Dandelion
Priscilla
Zoltan
Roche & Ves
Ermion
Avallac'h
Eskel
Letho

1. Stays in his own inn, becomes its manager
2. same,
3. same,
4. Move to new Temeria / keep fighting as guerillas
5. Stays in Ard Skellige. This is the easiest one.
6. This one is tricky because 0 clues are given, So I have to guess he returns to his homeworld.
7. He tells you after battle of Kaer Morhen
8. same
9. Triss moves to Kovir anyway, she told you that, Yen stays at Nilfgaardian court.

While you are being somewhat factual about their actual whereabouts, I think it's important to remember this is the end of Geralt's tale. Several of these characters have been with Geralt in two or more games and to just simplify their whereabouts is a bit sad to say the least. Let's just examine some additional facts: Dandelion is Geralt's narrator, the fact that he is conveniently just in his tavern and we are told nothing more is a bit laughable. Just imagine that scenario in any other story and the chief storyteller is completely omitted from any conclusion not only doesn't seem in the least bit believable but doing the role of the character itself a huge disservice. Priscilla, given the fact that she is Dandelion's first legitimate girlfriend in addition to what happened to her during Dandelion's quest in Novigrad at least deserves a mention. Does she ever sing again? Does she perform with him? What happens to them? Yes, she is in the tavern, but it is a cop out to leave it as it is. Zoltan...another one of Geralt's close friends, also conveniently omitted. Would you omit an epilogue for Samwise or Legolas or Gimli or Merry or Pipin? I didn't think so...He has also been in three games along with Dandelion. Let's not forget that.

Roche and Ves could have received a nod at least given they've appeared in two games,in the former receiving a considerable amount of screen time and in the third they are quite possibly two of the five main characters that have anything to do with politics at all. Ermion/Mousesack could have been passed over due to the fact that he was a somewhat tertiary character, and it would be rightly assumed he would stay in Ard Skellige.

Avallac'h deserves a nod simply for his role within the game, especially given he is the catalyst of the much criticized/lauded ending (leaning more towards criticized, if you ask me).

Eskel: given that this is one of the few remaining Witchers in the world and the fact that he grew up with the protagonist and had a role in the first game, it would be fitting to provide just a little bit more on where he ends up in much the same fashion that Lambert does, anyway.

Letho would have been interesting given his role in the second game and that he was just an interesting character. I'm not sure if it would be warranted, but I would have liked some more.

Triss/Yennefer both deserve a mention (irrespective of choice) simply for their role either in Geralt's life or their involvement (Triss) in three games.

Keep in mind this is the end of a trilogy, not just the end of a single game...even though it often felt like the latter. It's the end of a trilogy for a character that we have invested in over three games. Given that many of these characters define Geralt's story just as much as he does, it warrants more than a simplified assumption, or at least I believe they do.

Last edited:
Top Bottom