The final fate of Ves

+
Actually, there is a deleted part of the final quest that could possibly have shown Emhyr as a more negative character, although the details are not clear. But it looks like the agreement about the Lodge might have ended up being broken after the battle.

What a shame that it was deleted/never finished. It would have perfectly fit Emhyr. And also Yennefer. She would do everything for Ciri. If necessary even betraying her "friends". But it would be sad for Margeritta and Fringilla.

I'm going to test if the final fate of Ves = "her stupid suicide mission was a success, she and her comrades are dead" will inevitably lead to Radovid being the ruler of the North. Wouldn't that be utterly ridiculous? But I wouldn't at all be surprised.

Can't stand her.

Dijkstra gets my vote.

I'm going to test if the final fate of Ves = "her stupid suicide mission was a success, she and her comrades are dead" will inevitably lead to Radovid being the ruler of the North. Wouldn't that be utterly ridiculous? But I wouldn't at all be surprised.

Can't stand her.

Dijkstra gets my vote.

I didn't say that. What I said is that, before patch 1.12, once you have completed Reasons of State and sided with Dijkstra, the characters who where mentioned as dead were Roche and Thaler but not Ves. This made us think that CDPR had something for her in the expansions but, in the end, she is finally dead

As I mentioned earlier, the line about her death was already in the game before the patch, it was just not shown in the journal. So, it could have been a bug that is now fixed.

I fear so too... And I start to believe there won't be an EE... The comments by CDPR of the last time give me reason to think so... :cry:

Ironic and disappointing when TW 3 needs enhancing more so than did 2 and comes near to the point of how badly TW 1 needed an enhanced edition. Not for bugs (though they exist in 3) but to improve the writing and add depth. Maybe some complexity. Repair glaring issues. That would be real nice, especially concerning the endings, back off a bit maybe on a certain NPC that's practically forced on the gamer, and add content for certain key characters who were put in the backseat...

back off a bit maybe on a certain NPC that's practically forced on the gamer
Agreed. After playing TW2 on Iorveth path and perceiving Roche more as a hypocrite bully who coerced Geralt into cooperation, it's silly how Zoltan practically forces Roche onto me as "your old buddy".

Oh wait, you mean the forced missions with Triss, right? Agreed about that one as well. Far too much of that. Game would be better off by cutting down that content by 99% or so, at the very least for anyone who romanced Shani in TW1.

Sheesh. You're on some ridiculous crusade there.

Ironic and disappointing when TW 3 needs enhancing more so than did 2 and comes near to the point of how badly TW 1 needed an enhanced edition. Not for bugs (though they exist in 3) but to improve the writing and add depth. Maybe some complexity. Repair glaring issues. That would be real nice, especially concerning the endings, back off a bit maybe on a certain NPC that's practically forced on the gamer, and add content for certain key characters who were put in the backseat...

Yes, there are several things that could be improved, especially towards the end of the game, and some already in the second act. Although I doubt anything that already exists would be changed in a major way, it is more likely (assuming that new content is made in the first place) that there would be some additions to expand the lacking aspects.

Agreed. After playing TW2 on Iorveth path and perceiving Roche more as a hypocrite bully who coerced Geralt into cooperation, it's silly how Zoltan practically forces Roche onto me as "your old buddy".

Oh wait, you mean the forced missions with Triss, right? Agreed about that one as well. Far too much of that. Game would be better off by cutting down that content by 99% or so, at the very least for anyone who romanced Shani in TW1.

Sheesh. You're on some ridiculous crusade there.

I didn't mean just Triss but Triss and Yen. Repeated mistakes. The romances should be an option. You know, especially if a game is labeled RPG because options are at the heart of role-playing. The more personal a story is for the PC, the more the romance should come into play, both in terms of helping and hurting by its existence or absence.

As for an RPG series, yeah, gamer decisions should carry over and be reflected. TW 3 is a big offender of not just that. It also fails to recognize decisions that take place within the context of its own story. Inexcusable.

---------- Updated at 02:20 PM ----------

Yes, there are several things that could be improved, especially towards the end of the game, and some already in the second act. Although I doubt anything that already exists would be changed in a major way, it is more likely (assuming that new content is made in the first place) that there would be some additions to expand the lacking aspects.

While an EE will never make TW 3 spectacular, I would feel a whole lot better about it if they did fix the issues and maybe reconsider CDPR as a developer worthy of trust.

Last edited:
Repair glaring issues. That would be real nice, especially concerning the endings, back off a bit maybe on a certain NPC that's practically forced on the gamer,

Iorveth must be back, but it won't
The endings should have been differente but it won't

IMO, CDPR doesn't have the intention of changing anything and any improvement, if it's comes, would come thought the new expansions. They have already said that they won't improve the Wild Hunt. Instead of that, they would create a charismatic villain for the expansion. Hence the ridicule

IMO, CDPR doesn't have the intention of changing anything and any improvement, if it's comes, would come thought the new expansions. They have already said that they won't improve the Wild Hunt. Instead of that, they would create a charismatic villain for the expansion. Hence the ridicule

Admittedly, it is easier to create a good antagonist from scratch in an expansion than to "fix" the Wild Hunt in the base game within the limits of the already existing story. I guess if they add anything in an EE, it would be more about filling in details that are not explained very well.

Top Bottom