The First Bridge - Act 1 - My farewell gift

+
The First Bridge - Act 1 - My farewell gift

Hello everyone, the grand time has come.
Most of you already know that i'm signing up to the military tomorrow.
Today is the last day i will be able to be on this forum for the next 4 years.
Which means it is my farewell from this forum...at least for the period given.
This is the only community i ever stayed for that long...usually even for a single month and i'm already gone. But here i already stayed over a year.
This community i will keep in memory in my heart, but unfortunately with the time given to me, i won't be even able to visit the place. :sad:
I came here as a child, insecure, shy who was afraid to travel the different sides of the forum. Now i'm leaving as a different person. Without you, i wouldn't know where i would be...so many friends, so many connections, so many topics to talk about. I don't know where to begin.
The hairy bear, may not be as it used to be, but it doesn't matter. As long there are people to keep it alive then it shall remain.
I sure hope when i'll return the people i know shall remain for it will be hard to start over from 0...
The first hello is as hard as saying the last goodbye. But it is not a goodbye, for i will return.

I first came to this community to share the passion of writing, and after a year, i finally managed to develop a story.
Yesterday i finished writing the first act...and as a gift to you for the love i wanted to share it..just like that.
You can say whatever you want about it, whenever you like it or not. Nothing is meant for everyone. It is amateurishly written i know, but it ain't going to stop me from writing. The imagination in my head goes crazy, even if it is sometimes hard to express it into empty words on paper.
Note: i put a prologue to the story on a separated link for there are people who don't like prologues, and those who wish to read it, can. But if you want to discover the whole story from 0 then skip the prologue...it may be found more interesting... at least in my opinion. Some people did request it though, so that's why i put it on a separated link.
There may be some silly stuff, and stupidity...but i have to admit, i was drunk during some sections while writing it. I don't have the time to go over it, and i don't want to leave before leaving my mark.
Feel free to write your opinion about it...i'll make sure someone will keep me updated.
Who knows maybe when i'll return it all be finished...but not today i'm afraid.

Links:

In addition, keeping in touch.
To make it less sad and bring good news as well. I will not disappear at all. There is an ability to keep in touch with me...if you wish so of course.
With most of the friends i already said so, but to keep it as a reminder to all.
During weekends, or holidays i may appear online...but only on Skype...for the military can send us home during those times.
Unfortunately i won't be able to visit the forums themselves. But if you wish to check in, and talk from time to time during the weekends and share a drink. The Skype is on my account....so if you wish to add, it is public. Go ahead and do it any time.
I met so many people in this forum that it makes it so hard to be thankful to one person only. I'm thankful i met you all. Each one of you did something special that made me remember you. Whenever you are a newcomer or even more veteran than i am.
I will have to admit it might be sound even sound. But this forum appears to be closer to me than the outside of PC friends. We may not be able to do the side activities as some does on the outside world. But we do something beyond that. We still going to one mutual thread and just sit and drink and talk about...everything...We find so many mutual parts that it is surprising that there are people like you out there that you might didn't see in flesh but for some reason he is still a good friend.

Last but not least, those who disappeared...as most of you know some of us the regulars have disappeared, and nothing was heard of them. I am sure i'm not the single one who knows so. It is a shame we won't be celebrating this all together, but they shall not remain forgotten.
Here i am on a different thread, saying the not so much of a goodbye, but with a toast for everything. Even though i'm outside of the usual place (Hairy bear), i still can raise the cup and say cheers!

It was a pleasure being here, and may everything will be alright. I hope to return when the time comes, but more important may we never be forgotten.
I love you all! Wish i could hug you now, but we will have to settle with a picture...

A bit of a special addition, a video that my trainer and I have done.

Eli

Last edited:
Note: i put a prologue to the story on a separated link for there are people who don't like prologues, and those who wish to read it, can.
People like me :D But actually, you know what? I think I'm going to read the prologue. You know - when there's one, it exists for a reason. Usually.

But if you want to discover the whole story from 0 then skip the prologue...it may be found more interesting...
Now that's interesting. Does the prologue spoil something? When starting to write a bigger story (I was used to think I already finished, but I'm still working on it, I'm afraid), I first decided not to have a prologue (because I have seen many useless prologues - interesting, well-written, but somehow not connected to the main storyline, the whole novel that follows, so why then having a prologue?), but later it turned out the thing I was calling the first chapter was actually some kind of prologue (right now it's entitled 0 - 2025, first is the number of the part, second the year) and it's kind of a big spoiler. Like, basically telling you character X dies, but it doesn't tell you, when and why exactly. Then the story starts off with 1 - 2010, and character X is alive and well (for some moments, at least). But the reader already knows, X will die, just because of the prologue.
I wonder, is it something like this or why shouldn't I read the prologue if I want to enjoy the story from 0?

Anyway, stay safe. All the best, @SerieLis!

I'm sure there'll be a chance you find the way to come back even for a minute. Four years are too much time for being unconnected.

Good luck, big hug!

Hello everyone, the grand time has come.
Most of you already know that i'm signing up to the military tomorrow.
Today is the last day i will be able to be on this forum for the next 4 years.
Which means it is my farewell from this forum...at least for the period given.

Livewell, and godspeed!

...the regulars...

Over the years I've called a few pubs "my local", and even though I'm always moving on to something new, on occasion I'll drop into those old haunts and be surprised to find sometimes you can just pick things up again from were you left off. Same with good online communities I think, so as long as the REDs keep building on their strengths... we'll probably keep coming ad nauseum ad infinitum.

Sláinte SerieLis ! Be Safe brother, have fun, and we'll hope to hear from you in dispatches ! Remember, "It's not so much the fight as the thing fought for. :)

W.B.Yeats said:
The dews drop slowly and dreams gather: unknown spears
Suddenly hurtle before my dream-awakened eyes,
And then the clash of fallen horsemen and the cries
Of unknown perishing armies beat about my ears.
We who still labour by the cromlec on the shore,
The grey cairn on the hill, when day sinks drowned in dew,
Being weary of the world’s empires, bow down to you
Master of the still stars and of the flaming door.

- The Valley of the Black Pig

Btw: Whenever I first saw the empty stool front and centre of Sagitariis' Hairy Bear commemorative engraving, it reminded me of the missing rider formation, and every look since I've seen @Blothulfur; sitting there... smashing another emptied flagon...

Top Bottom