The first expansion coming in 2023 and "further support" througout 2022.

+
Blood & Wine was basically a post-ending dlc
It's more an "end-game" expansion than a "post-ending".
"Blood & Wine" don't require to finish the main story to be played (only require level 35 and it's unlocked very soon in the game). In my last playthrough, I completed it way before finshing the main story :)

The same way they "convinced" V to do police scanners, or random gigs or any other side content when the main quest is literally "your head is a time bomb, you don't know how long til it blows and there *may* be someone that can help you out there".

A gig with a bit of dialogue to set the stage is all that's needed. Make the content available and players will do the rest.

I dunno, it's just for a paid expansion, there's gotta be a better reason then "so and so needs help V!" Especially given the circumstances of the main quest.

I dunno, it's just for a paid expansion, there's gotta be a better reason then "so and so needs help V!" Especially given the circumstances of the main quest.

Why? There is literally no reason why a paid expansion should be introduced in a different way. An expansion can be just that, an expansion to the main body of work. It doesn't have to be a continuation of said work.

Furthermore, B&W was introduced that way and nobody batted an eye. In fact, it is considered to be an amazing piece of work. The circumstances were pretty similar too. Instead of the protagonist's life being in danger, it's the object of the protagonist's search (Ciri) that's in danger. At no point are you lead to believe that Ciri isn't in mortal danger, in fact, you are often lead to believe that time is of essence yet Geralt finds the time to go around the world hunting monsters and doing random tasks.

They've done it before, they can easily do it again.

(Why did I make this? Why?)

CP2077 Expansion Speculative.jpg

I'm not a programmer but visualizing the problem makes me think that actually a pre-ending expansion is potentially a lot messier than a post-ending one. The prologues and end missions are pretty cleanly shielded from the "messy middle" (am I being fair in calling it that? I'm thinking back to the dev's open heart surgery analogy).

I suppose they could do a pre-ending expansion that's totally separated from the messy middle in some way (ala B+W - but narratively that sounds really awkward and uninteresting to me).

I'd rather they just focus on resolving and finishing off V's main objective/storyline (I put a note next to Johnny's ending because it's arguably resolved in that one).

Last edited:
Why? There is literally no reason why a paid expansion should be introduced in a different way. An expansion can be just that, an expansion to the main body of work. It doesn't have to be a continuation of said work.

Furthermore, B&W was introduced that way and nobody batted an eye. In fact, it is considered to be an amazing piece of work. The circumstances were pretty similar too. Instead of the protagonist's life being in danger, it's the object of the protagonist's search (Ciri) that's in danger. At no point are you lead to believe that Ciri isn't in mortal danger, in fact, you are often lead to believe that time is of essence yet Geralt finds the time to go around the world hunting monsters and doing random tasks.

They've done it before, they can easily do it again.

I know V is a merc and probably wouldn't take much if the right pay was involved, etc. Even Alt gives V 6 months to live, even she's not 100% sure V could live longer then 6 months.
Post automatically merged:

(Why did I make this? Why?)

View attachment 11301010

I'm not a programmer but visualizing the problem makes me think that actually a pre-ending expansion is potentially a lot messier than a post-ending one. The prologues and end missions are pretty cleanly shielded from the "messy middle" (am I being fair in calling it that? I'm thinking back to the dev's open heart surgery analogy).

I suppose they could do a pre-ending expansion that's totally separated from the messy middle in some way (ala B+W - but narratively that sounds really awkward and uninteresting to me).

I'd rather they just focus on resolving and finishing off V's main objective/storyline (I put a note next to Johnny's ending because it's arguably resolved in that one).

The problem with a post ending expansion is that a lot of people do not finish the games they buy. So, unless they create a save for you (I think Witcher 3 does this with B&W), then it's going to be Act 2.

However, what's interesting though, is that it does take a couple of hours to reach Act 2. Assuming you don't do any side quests. Unless if it becomes unlocked during Act 1, meaning it's a completely standalone expansion. Though that can't really work, because Watson is on lockdown. So I give up.

Last edited:
I know V is a merc and probably wouldn't take much if the right pay was involved, etc. Even Alt gives V 6 months to live, even she's not 100% sure V could live longer then 6 months.
Post automatically merged:

The problem with a post ending expansion is that a lot of people do not finish the games they buy. So, unless they create a save for you (I think Witcher 3 does this with B&W), then it's going to be Act 2.

However, what's interesting though, is that it does take a couple of hours to reach Act 2. Assuming you don't do any side quests. Unless if it becomes unlocked during Act 1, meaning it's a completely standalone expansion. Though that can't really work, because Watson is on lockdown. So I give up.

Interesting point - though I have to question why anyone would buy an expansion to a game they don't feel like completing... :/

It's not really that I don't like it (the story could be interesting) :)

It's "mainly" because it's my least favorite ending^^
"We learn from our mistakes"
"Everyone make mistakes, but the important is to not make them twice"
"The definition of insanity is to doing the same thing again and expect a different result"

Just a point of view > We start the story with V who try to become a legend and follow the path of glory, fail, loose everything, end "alone" and die miserably. And in this ending, we finish the story with V who try to follow the path of glory, again (expecting a different result, so V make the same mistake again and V definitely didn't learn anything).

Anyway, adding Mr Blue Eye "pre-ending" seem to me to be way more easier than merging all the endings :)
I believe that V did not make the same mistakes. In the secret ending, for example, even though he/she constantly suffered from relic's malfunctioning on the way to Mikoshi, V managed to take on many enemies at once and beat Adam Smasher, all by himself/herself! :LOL: So in terms of strength and skill V has matured a lot. Also, even with the whole Konpeki Plaza tragedy, V continued to follow the mercenary business, the only difference now being in saving his/her life and being solo at the gigs. The only thing I think is bad about this ending is that Judy or Panam leaves you :'(

I believe that V did not make the same mistakes. In the secret ending, for example, even though he/she constantly suffered from relic's malfunctioning on the way to Mikoshi, V managed to take on many enemies at once and beat Adam Smasher, all by himself/herself! :LOL: So in terms of strength and skill V has matured a lot. Also, even with the whole Konpeki Plaza tragedy, V continued to follow the mercenary business, the only difference now being in saving his/her life and being solo at the gigs. The only thing I think is bad about this ending is that Judy or Panam leaves you :'(
I don't really talk about the Arasaka assault, only about the path of glory ending ;)
(V try to make a incredible heist to become a legend... again ! He/she still follow his/her dream, but it's probably only, a dream... He/She have to wake up one day)
------​
Just my point of view, but for me, V's story is resolved at the end and don't really require a post ending expansion :)
Instead of dying directly after the heist (As he/she should have, if an incredible and unbelievable combination of circumstances hadn't brought him/her back to life), instead of dying few weeks later as announced, V have 6 remaining months to enjoy the life... V have to choose what he/she want to do during this months.
though I have to question why anyone would buy an expansion to a game they don't feel like completing... :/
No reason to buy an expansion if you don't enjoy the game/story... I have a couple of games that I don't really like (enough) to pay for an expansions/DLCs :)

Last edited:
------

Just my point of view, but for me, V's story is resolved at the end and don't really require a post ending expansion :)
Instead of dying directly after the heist (As he/she should have, if an incredible and unbelievable combination of circumstances hadn't brought him/her back to life), instead of dying few weeks later as announced, V have 6 remaining months to enjoy the life... V have to choose what he/she want to do during this months.

Depends on the ending you picked. It's not resolved in most of the endings:

In the nomad ending, V and Panam talk about it. The convo was more or less, "we're still gonna fix this".
In the Crystal Palace ending, Mr Blue Eyes tells V, "you're doing this because you'll do anything if it means a slim chance of survival."
In the Arasaka ending where V decides to get shelved, V does that in the hope that they'll eventually find a solution.

So in all of those endings V's main objective clearly hasn't changed and remains unresolved. That's not really a matter of interpretation or anything, it's pretty explicit.

With the other Arasaka ending it's a bit ambiguous what V's mindset is, but presumably it's the same and they'd still want to survive and get their life back (by that I mean, get the 70/80/90-odd years of life they originally had left).

With that in mind, what's a few weeks against 80 years? And what's 6 months against 80 years? Draw that on a line and I think the answer might be "V has barely moved a narrative inch from the landfill." Despite that, the story overall is really VERY good, but I'm stuck wondering why the writers have deliberately left V's arc open unless they're planning a continuation.

On a side note, I'm glad you're happy that V is enjoying their remaining 6 months, but sadly that story isn't in the game nor can we see what's in your head. Ooft, if they did a post-ending expansion though....

Depends on the ending you picked. It's not resolved in most of the endings:

In the nomad ending, V and Panam talk about it. The convo was more or less, "we're still gonna fix this".
In the Crystal Palace ending, Mr Blue Eyes tells V, "you're doing this because you'll do anything if it means a slim chance of survival."
In the Arasaka ending where V decides to get shelved, V does that in the hope that they'll eventually find a solution.

So in all of those endings V's main objective clearly hasn't changed and remains unresolved. That's not really a matter of interpretation or anything, it's pretty explicit.

With the other Arasaka ending it's a bit ambiguous what V's mindset is, but presumably it's the same and they'd still want to survive and get their life back (by that I mean, get the 70/80/90-odd years of life they originally had left).

With that in mind, what's a few weeks against 80 years? And what's 6 months against 80 years? Draw that on a line and I think the answer might be "V has barely moved a narrative inch from the landfill." Despite that, the story overall is really VERY good, but I'm stuck wondering why the writers have deliberately left V's arc open unless they're planning a continuation.

On a side note, I'm glad you're happy that V is enjoying their remaining 6 months, but sadly that story isn't in the game nor can we see what's in your head. Ooft, if they did a post-ending expansion though....
I know your point of view about the endings (especially about "unresolved V's fate"), we already have this discussion in another thread a while ago (I suppose that I don't need to share the link...) ;)

But unlike Panam or V who never stop fighting, who keep hopes and avoid to say themself "Give up V, you're doomed..." even if it's a lost cause, I only say to not put all of your hopes about CDPR who could change the current endings with an expansion. In my opinion, a post ending expansion is very, very unlikely (the best way to be even more desappointed). Exactly like an expansion which make the 6 months with Jackie playable, very unlikely.

Knowing that on Xbox, 22.53% of players have completed the main story (high rate if I compare to other games). So in short, 77.47% of players who have played Cyberpunk never finished the main story once (I suppose that it's almost the same or almost, on the other platforms...). So it don't seem to be a great idea to add content "post ending" :)

Last edited:
I don't see how they do a post-ending expansion unless they either:

a) Pick a canon ending (do not do this)
b) Let the player choose/create a new character
c) Actually deliver on the promise of Lifepaths and have different paths through the expansion depending on your ending

A good point was brought up in this thread re: Johnny still being stuck in your head pre-ending, which makes me wonder if they might actually go for a post-ending or prequel expansion, as I don't see them being willing to pay Keanu to come back and do more voice work. A prequel would likely be messy, since then you'd level up your character only to be brought back to level 1 at the start of the game?

They may just decide to use a different character entirely. If they do eventually go for a sequel to CP2077, it would face a similar challenge as a post-ending expansion anyway, so the easiest approach would be to drop V as the protagonist.

Another option for a mid-game expansion would be to have some contrived way of removing the link between V and Johnny for the duration of the expansion. Or just get a different VA for Johnny?

I really hope they take up the challenge of a post-ending expansion, trying to take into account all the possible different outcomes (i.e. 2-3 different paths packed into 1 expansion). That, I feel, would draw my attention back to this game again.

My second pick would be starting with a new character, but only if this time they focus more on character customisation. Not in the superfluous "can I have a tatoo on my junk" way, mind you, but customisation with actual consequences for the story and the path the player takes through it. Both plot-wise and game-mechanics-wise.

I'd want the expansion that turns this game into an actual RPG, basically.

Will be curious to see what CDPR decide to go with. If it's just more of the same, which - let's be honest - is most likely what is going to happen... well, I may actually skip it :shrug:

A good point was brought up in this thread re: Johnny still being stuck in your head pre-ending, which makes me wonder if they might actually go for a post-ending or prequel expansion, as I don't see them being willing to pay Keanu to come back and do more voice work. A prequel would likely be messy, since then you'd level up your character only to be brought back to level 1 at the start of the game?

I am unsure if you are referencing my posts. But overall I agree that this is the biggest blockade to a post-ending expansion. I actually think a post-ending expansion would likely be the coolest one... but it would also be the most difficult. However, I guess if they rolled out a Blood and Wine level of content then it would be okay. But I think Keanu's participation, availability and cost are likely the biggest factors. And if Johnny is still in the game, but they just have him like... standing around, saying nothing, etc... then it is going to be... not good.

Also - if we are playing another protagonist I actually think we might get a pre-defined character rather than a customized one. For instance maybe we get to play Morgan Blackhand and what we are hired to do ends up being something that ties into V's story or something like that.

I think we should only communicate via diagrams from now on:

(Click to expand)
CP2077 Expansion Speculative2.jpg

Updated based on discussion so far. Y'all can figure out the pros and cons of each option.

Re Reeves, you would generally plan expansions in advance and likely have much of them written in advance. So, if you wanted a key player to feature in an expansion, it's not out of the question to record the dialogue for that at the same time as recording for the base game.

I'm not suggesting they have done. Just that you don't pop out an expansion six months after a game's release (in the ideal case) without already having a very good idea what that expansion will contain far ahead of time.

Another option for a mid-game expansion would be to have some contrived way of removing the link between V and Johnny for the duration of the expansion. Or just get a different VA for Johnny?
I'm not really aware of how it "work", but I suppose if you hired a voice actor for a major character in a game and you are planning expansions, it should be a good idea to have this actor commit (by contract) to recording future expansion dialogues (if these dialogues are not recorded directly). Without that, it's risky...
"Sorry, I can't... I have other things to do !" :D

I'm not really aware of how it "work", but I suppose if you hired a voice actor for a major character in a game and you are planning expansions, it should be a good idea to have this actor commit (by contract) to recording future expansion dialogues (if these dialogues are not recorded directly). Without that, it's risky...
"Sorry, I can't... I have other things to do !" :D

Perhaps that’s why the expansion is slated for 2023.

"It's not how you launch, it's what it becomes." - Todd Howard

Sure hope Kiciński and the executives aren't inspired by Todd anymore.

I don't really talk about the Arasaka assault, only about the path of glory ending ;)
(V try to make a incredible heist to become a legend... again ! He/she still follow his/her dream, but it's probably only, a dream... He/She have to wake up one day)
------​
But if I am not mistaken, when you wake up in that penthouse and pause the game these icons appear as shown in the attached image. The first icon will be 100% and indicates how popular and notorious V is in NC. So, I think it may state that V managed to achieve the dream of becoming a legend before going to the suicide mission in Crystal Palace, moreover in the credits screens Misty laid out a quick tarot and (thanks god) she doesn't say anything bad.

Icons.png

But if I am not mistaken, when you wake up in that penthouse and pause the game these icons appear as shown in the attached image. The first icon will be 100% and indicates how popular and notorious V is in NC. So, I think it may state that V managed to achieve the dream of becoming a legend before going to the suicide mission in Crystal Palace, moreover in the credits screens Misty laid out a quick tarot and (thanks god) she doesn't say anything bad.
I suppose yes (like many other legends) ;)
But it's not enough... "If" the Crystal Palace heist is a success, V will go down in history (Mr Blue Eyes and Weyland say that to V if I remember).
It's something that no one has ever attempted or succeeded (it's a step higher)

Well i finally uninstalled. I love the game, characters and the world but its evident that this game is over.

Skyrim recently had the Serana Dialogue add on updated. It gives me a companion to explore thhe world with that has quest aware dialogue

Tiny Tiny Wonderlands has been amazing and was developed during the pandemic. First expansion drops this month

My time in Night City will be remembered forever. I will not forget all the great characters and how the ending moved me.

Panam is one of the greatest NPC i think i will ever encounter. CDPR thanks for the experience.
Love all you guys. The forums has a great group of players.
I completely understand your decision. I'm also inclined to uninstall the game from my PC. And I must confess: if it weren't for several mods installed and reshade, I would have uninstalled the game a long time ago. Without a doubt, Cyberpunk 2077, despite the technical problems, was one of the best games I've ever played. Thanks to CDPR for the experience in Night City and for creating unforgettable NPCs. But I can't help but accuse CDPR of having wasted a title with enormous potential. This game deserved to have been better treated, to have better finished explanations, to have much more content and expansions in time for players not to migrate to other titles - something that is already happening massively. Waiting until 2023 is too much, it's something that demands against economic aspects of the company itself. If you're doing that, it's because they realized CP2077 has nothing left to offer from a commercial point of view. Game time has run out. CDPR, by postponing the most important thing, that is, the expansion or expansions, states using beautiful words and promises that it is abandoning the game and that these expansions will truly not exist. I don't trust anyone at CDPR anymore. Well, I'm waiting for the next patch (if it is released, something I'm starting to doubt). If it doesn't contain at least something really substantial and new, the game will be uninstalled. Thanks CDPR for Cyberpunk 2077.

Top Bottom