The first expansion coming in 2023 and "further support" througout 2022.

+
Well... No need for a rampant speculation thread now.
We’re definitely not getting 2 expansions, unless this one will be Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine combined content wise. I’d be surprised if it will be. Trying not to be, but I’m kinda salty to be honest.
It's gonna need to be big in some manner. Barely anyone noticed there was an update in February that brought the game out of early access. "Hey, remember that game we made two years ago? How about an expansion?!"

Unannounced projects could be Cyberpunk related.
True but expansion 2 in 2024/25? I just don’t see it happening.
Well... No need for a rampant speculation thread now.

It's gonna need to be big in some manner. Barely anyone noticed there was an update in February that brought the game out of early access. "Hey, remember that game we made two years ago? How about an expansion?!"
Right, timing is everything and good timing hasn’t been something this game ever really had. If anything the expansion should’ve lined up with the Netflix show this year. Would’ve given the game a nice shot in the arm and more attention.

Right, timing is everything and good timing hasn’t been something this game ever really had. If anything the expansion should’ve lined up with the Netflix show this year. Would’ve given the game a nice shot in the arm and more attention.

I don't see Witcher 4 anytime soon, and they never did say that this expansion will be the last update. Personally, I just hope 1.5 isn't the biggest update of the year already. That would be kinda disappointing.

Yeah. A second expansion already seemed like too much water to carry by mid last year. I haven't played TW3 yet, but everyone says the first expansions was mild in comparison to the second, both added hours upon hours of content though. Could you imagine though if 2077 came out with a tiny expansion after all this time... and then a larger one many moons later?
Ideally you want to have whatever paid DLC out within a year unless you're milking the always online cash cow. I'm not even annoyed, but damn... feels bad, man.
2023? Uff... Very bold from them announcing a target year. Soooo realistically 2024?
See?

I'm a bit disappointed to be honest. I thought maybe it'll come late Summer, but I guess not. I just hope 1.5 isn't the biggest patch drop we get this year.

I saw this on my way back from the airport. After 3 weeks away, I was looking forward to continuing my CP2077 1.5 run. I am less motivated now for some reason.

I share your sentiment. It is very disappointing. I was hoping for a late 2022 release myself. The expansion will need to be very sizeable to get back into the majority of gamers' radars because I doubt CDPR wants to go into another crazy marketing campaign. I'll give CDPR the benefit of the doubt that this will be B&W level of awesome expansion until proven otherwise but it is still very disappointing.

It will feel exponentially more disappointing if the 2022 support isn't absolutely excellent.

I'm happy and sad all together. I remember time when I was finishing the Witcher and all its expansion (except of B&W) with having explored every inch there. However when the B&W hits and I bought it..I was unable to continue anymore. This might easily happen with CP2077. I have 550 hours in this game and having DLC 2023 might be again Blood & Wine similar issue even if I know that B&W was relative quickly made. I knew that B&W was great but it was simply too late for me. And don't forget about Starfield...

Yeah. A second expansion already seemed like too much water to carry by mid last year. I haven't played TW3 yet, but everyone says the first expansions was mild in comparison to the second, both added hours upon hours of content though. Could you imagine though if 2077 came out with a tiny expansion after all this time... and then a larger one many moons later?

Ideally you want to have whatever paid DLC out within a year unless you're milking the always online cash cow. I'm not even annoyed, but damn... feels bad, man.

See?
Hearts of Stone was basically what you'd expect from a decent expansion. A new storyline, a few extra side nuggets and some new mechanics. It was very healthy but clearly an expansion.

Blood and Wine, on the other hand, approached the size of a whole game(!) from other publishers.

I mean at least everyone hoping for new in game content can walk away from the game now.

I mean if bugs and glitches don't drive away players fast enough just give them a year with nothing to do

Yea one more dissapointed player here, i get that it can take time but by now most stuff would already be well known. Unless they plan on building a whole new map or something it should not take that long -.-. o well perhaps DA4 or ME4 will be out before then.. Or Vtm:bloodlines 2. Looking pretty weak on the upcomming games this year too -.-

It is pretty disappointing, I was hoping for a summer release. Did I hear something about it being a whole new story, rather than continuing V's story?

It is pretty disappointing, I was hoping for a summer release. Did I hear something about it being a whole new story, rather than continuing V's story?
Think they said new story. Dident mention if there were a new protagonist or anything from the little snippet i saw. Think they said it would come more info this year, so it seems like ill have too hang around still ^^ meeh just wish we could get more info and not all the cryptic stuff

Think they said new story. Dident mention if there were a new protagonist or anything from the little snippet i saw. Think they said it would come more info this year, so it seems like ill have too hang around still ^^ meeh just wish we could get more info and not all the cryptic stuff
I guess after 2 years they may not be able to get all the voice actors, in all the different languages, to extend V's story.

Could you say where is this info from? The pretty much ONLY thing that would change anything for me or make me come back (eventually) is whether or not V's story continues.

Not that I am disappointed - that would require me to expect or be hopeful for something other than nothing. I just nodded and moved on with my life.

Could you say where is this info from? The pretty much ONLY thing that would change anything for me or make me come back (eventually) is whether or not V's story continues.

Not that I am disappointed - that would require me to expect or be hopeful for something other than nothing. I just nodded and moved on with my life.

yea kinda feel the same, better be the best expansion ever if i have too wait 2 years for more content.

Top Bottom