The first expansion coming in 2023 and "further support" througout 2022.

+
I'm not sure, I guess it depends on how much custom stuff they put in UE.
Mass Effect was UE3,Outer Worlds is UE4,Octopath Traveler is also UE4 and is quite different than Outer Worlds... for sure all game engines have their "signature" in it-Unity is much more characteristic in that regard-, but you can customize them quite a bit also.

That's what makes UE such a popular engine. It has worn an impressive number of widely different hats throughout it's many iterations.

It's a very powerful engine, extremely user friendly (seriously, fire it up once for shits and giggles - it is very user-friendly) and is very flexible. I have no doubt that it'll allow CDPR to create an incredibly game worthy of it's predecessors.

That will either be renewed or not based on multiple factors. In other words, if either party isn't getting as much out of the partnership as they want that will be the end of it.

You do realize that the next Witcher installment is multiple years away? Like 3-4 years away at best. This is a "we'll be working with them and seeing how it goes, if it goes the way we want, we will keep at it" partnership. Not a "we are forever linked to them" deal. They're testing the grounds so to speak. Like any company would. If development of their first project with UE doesn't pan out the way they want it to, they will move back to RED in an instant. I have no doubt about that.

It's pretty standard commercial partnership fare.

I also have no doubt that UE will yield the desired results as I firmly believe it's a much better engine for what seems to be their future projects and, as such, they will move on to it permanently eventually. This is just not fact at this point in time and merely speculation from any of us :shrug:

Meanwhile Epic has probably secured some degree of exclusivity from one of the biggest IP out there. 1 year exclusivity to Epic and GoG is my guess.
It's a 15 year renewable deal. The deal is not restricted to Witcher and CDPR has stopped research on multiplayer in redengine.

For the epic deal see here:

Note particularly the language of strategic partnership:

"The agreement concerns the terms under which the Company is permitted to make use of Unreal Engine and provides a framework of collaboration with Epic Games on further development and improvement of this engine in order to adapt it to the requirements of open-world games, such as those produced by the Company (this is hereinafter referred to as “the Agreement”).The agreement is of strategic nature for each party. "

For multiplayer see here (among others):

Management Board report released last Thursday ( https://www.cdprojekt.com/en/investors/result-center/ ) :

"following the decision to change the underlying game engine and conclusion of a licensing and partnership agreement with Epic Games International S.à r.l., the Company gained access to multiplayer solutions available in Unreal Engine 4 and 5, as a result of which it abandoned further R&D work on adding multiplayer elements to REDEngine. The corresponding to-date expenditures, at 20 806 thousand PLN, were reassigned from Fixed Assets to Other operating expenses. "

This is not a one game deal.

Last edited:
Se eu fosse um funcionário da CDPR, provavelmente sentiria que você estava tentando me chantagear emocionalmente depois de ler isso lol. A maioria de sua equipe está trabalhando na coisa.

Para qualquer outra pessoa: se você está se sentindo decepcionado ou ansioso com a linha do tempo, ainda recomendo assistir ao vídeo abaixo para uma análise decente do motivo disso.

Se você não conseguiu assistir ao vídeo, você tem vários fatores possíveis:

O patch 1.5 levou tempo;
A reestruturação "Red 2.0" da empresa;
O grande hack e as auditorias de segurança subsequentes;
CDPR retomando o controle da atualização de próxima geração de witcher 3;
E a pandemia.

E, mais uma vez, além de tudo isso, os funcionários da CDPR, em seu tempo livre, estão literalmente ajudando os refugiados. Isso é absolutamente heróico.

Com base em tudo isso, eu diria que é bastante compreensível por que está demorando.

Tempos como este você tem que lembrar que ainda é apenas um jogo. Você pode fazer um zilhão de outras coisas nesse meio tempo.
Post automatically merged:

I know I know. Cyberpunk 2077 has a number of fans who try at all costs to relativize the problems inherent to the game since its release over 2 years ago. I myself am a fan of the game, I keep it installed on my machine (i7 12700k, 32GB 3600Mhz, RTX3080ti) with a considerable number of modifications both in terms of body and clothing customization as well as graphics (reshade). And I thank the modders for all the work they've been doing to try to keep this game up in the face of CDPR's negligence. I just can't play the game in its pure state anymore, that is, without mods. If it weren't for them modders, at least for me, Cyberpunk 2077 would already be dead. That CDPR understands this. I think I'm not alone in this situation. Who keeps this game still breathing are people like us who love the game despite promises that it is much more than it is. Without wanting to offend anyone, but the relativization of the game's problems and always making excuses which in varying degrees exempts CDPR from its real responsibility, all this is much more a symptom that these are people who are more fans of CDPR than the game itself. This title that promised to be the most spectacular RPG of all time, nowadays is almost synonymous with countless memes that are out there on the internet. The truth is: no one who really thinks seriously and who sees things from a purely commercial angle can continue to take Cyberpunk 2077 seriously. For them, from a commercial point of view, it's time for Unreal Engine 5. who publish those responsible, in this case, people like Pawel Sasko among others, who almost always evade the most embarrassing inquiries. Deferring everything or almost everything to 2023, including the next gen of The Witcher 3, is, for me, a very clear sign that the company is abandoning its Red Engine graphics engine and that it is suffering, in some way, with the current geopolitical situation. [...] No, things are not going well as the CDPR claims. Nothing is fine. Everything is in an extremely gray, highly uncertain zone where we can barely foresee and plan for the near future for ourselves. Therefore, the new CDPR timelines cannot be considered real. They can publish a bunch of timelines… I won't believe any of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a 15 year renewable deal. The deal is not restricted to Witcher and CDPR has stopped research on multiplayer in redengine.

I never said or implied that it was restricted to anything. I said we don't know.

Because apparently I read every report except 7/2022 for some reason and as far as I knew none of the specific concerning the deal were available yet.

We do know, consider me corrected.

Well i finally uninstalled. I love the game, characters and the world but its evident that this game is over.

Skyrim recently had the Serana Dialogue add on updated. It gives me a companion to explore thhe world with that has quest aware dialogue

Tiny Tiny Wonderlands has been amazing and was developed during the pandemic. First expansion drops this month

My time in Night City will be remembered forever. I will not forget all the great characters and how the ending moved me.

Panam is one of the greatest NPC i think i will ever encounter. CDPR thanks for the experience.
Love all you guys. The forums has a great group of players.
I haven't gotten to the point on uninstalling the game, close, but not yet. Frankly, I'm not entirely surprised by this from CDPR considering the circumstances, so once again, I'll just let the game set as it is for now. My character parked in his apartment. I'll come in once in a while and ride around the city on the bike. I Love this game, but I've got way too many hours into it right now to just keep playing over and over especially since I don't go beyond act 3 (point of no return).

I'll wait...

Some content deleted. Please keep in mind that real-world politics are not allowed here, and rudeness (e.g. accusations of lying) is absolutely against the rules. Quoting such content also results in removal.

I honestly dont want an expansion or multiplayer for that matter. I just want them to let the game die. They messed the whole thing up just acknowledge it and move on.

Rudeness, disrespect, publicly discussing moderation, as well as other things listed as forbidden in the rules will get your post deleted. Please keep this in mind.

Content removed.

Yes, sounds a little weird to me to want something to end when you're no longer obviously interested in it, even though many others are having fun with it and want to see a sequel.

I mean, then I can just go my way and let the rest have their fun.
To play devil's advocate here, I think someone might take a position like this, if they think that a game is so beyond repair, that assigning resources to it in attempts to fix it is pointless and wasteful, and that people and money would be much better used at work on new projects instead, tabula rasa so to speak.
I think it is a very defeatist and counter-productive approach, because:
a) it's a bad precedent;
b) most games aren't beyond repair and just need more tweaks and polish.
In case of Cyberpunk, it think both of this apply.

Last edited:

Guest 3847602

I dont agree with opinion that game is broken beyond repair. Details, what exacly ? Because what Ive seen is massive improvement in the last 12 months so how can one say it cannot be repaired when history shows opposite?
The game didn't turn out to be a sandboxy life simulator some people desperately wanted to play, therefore it's "broken beyond repair".
There is some truth in this though, as no amount of patching will transform CP2077 into that kind of game.

I saw this on my way back from the airport. After 3 weeks away, I was looking forward to continuing my CP2077 1.5 run. I am less motivated now for some reason.

I share your sentiment. It is very disappointing. I was hoping for a late 2022 release myself. The expansion will need to be very sizeable to get back into the majority of gamers' radars because I doubt CDPR wants to go into another crazy marketing campaign. I'll give CDPR the benefit of the doubt that this will be B&W level of awesome expansion until proven otherwise but it is still very disappointing.

It will feel exponentially more disappointing if the 2022 support isn't absolutely excellent.

"The expansion will need to be very sizeable to get back into the majority of gamers' radars"
Yes, I totally agree! It better be big.

I hope this first expansion of Cyberpunk 2077 turns out as a really massive one!!... It makes me think about Assassin's Creed Odyssey size! That's what I call massive. CP 2077 gave us immersion, but sadly ended so damn quickly. (I had barely upgraded my V when Hanako's final mission was already available.) You got so involved in that city.

Last edited:
Pure devagations but hopefully CDPR goal is to make big, fantastic expansion which will make CP ratings go through the roof. I really do hope. On the other hand, I remember Pawel Sasko saying how much time it took him to work on Kerry questline (which isnt biggest thing in a game) so some things just take time ... We will see - for sure DLC will definitely be more polished than main game so thats good.

You speak of a massive expansion in 2023, CDPR?

I pray that your first expansion gives us plenty of hours (especially main content). In terms of gameplay length, it'd be amazing something close to Assassin's Creed Odyssey. When playing RPGs, we usually project ourselves into a world... so, it's a bummer that a great atmosphere ends too quickly!

To be V in 2023, you'll need a real vast content!!!

A funny fact somebody told me is that Cyberpunk 2077 already gives you tons of hours "by reading all the shards." I want new main quests, side-quests... action itself. I'm not here for the [...] book while I play!! I respect those who pause a quest to read shards all the time, but as for me, I prefer a few animations or audio recordings. Interruptive text lore is for when we finish the game or google it. Of course shards will add months to the game, but come on!

Note: Actually, I've never yet played The Witcher 3, that's why I used AC Odyssey as a basis for comparison. But according to what people say about Blood and Wine, Cyberpunk 2077's first expansion has a high probability to be really massive.

Post automatically merged:

I guess that expansion would be like TW3 ones, especially Blood and Wine.
(which is quite "massive", I suppose)
True.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom