The first witcher book was just published in English! ... NOT!;)

+
Hmmm, how is it published if we can read there?
Availability: Not yet published: you may still order this title. We will dispatch it to you when we receive it from the publisher.

Well it's kinda strange, cause first they were supposed to release it in April, they even sent books for reviews (some already appeared). And some other sites claimed it will be released this week but I see something's changed. Well, it's the same story with the game ;)

Well, they were available here on this forum for quite some time but you're welcome :)Enjoy your reading and share your opinion with us.And one more thing. As far as I know, those are not final translations. They will probably differ from those to be published in the book.

And one more thing that I remembered. I read somewhere that the new translation is to be fully correlated with the game, meaning all the names of the characters, monsters, places and so on will be exactly the same. Is that true? Did CDPR cooperate with Orion during translation process?

Whilst browsing amazon.co.uk for any news on The Last Wish, I saw that they are already taking pre-orders for Blood of Elves. ^_^ Rejoyce, people! You only have to wait 'til August. Next year, that is. Of course, that could change at any time.

First Witcher book was published in German... centuries ago *er* almost Pocketbook with the 1st vol The Last Wish and 2nd vol (don't know the origin title), in German it's Sword of Destiny, published overhere in 2000. And since a couple of years it's not availalble anymore but... one fine day when i casted a glance over my dusty bookcase I discovered "Andrzej Sapkowski - Der letzte Wunsch + Schwert der Vorsehung". That time (almost a century... ) I just paid 20DM (~10€). If you wish to get one of the rare copies of that "ancient" edition, you have to pay thatA new edition of The last Wish in Germany hit the stores a couple of days ago.

Daerdin said:
Is that true? Did CDPR cooperate with Orion during translation process?
Yes, CD Projekt offered the support and verification of the stories, and there was a cooperation with a publisher. In this point I can freely say we have a chance for a well translated book :).

Ah, now I'm happy. Being a translator myself, it hurts my brains to see any "translations" that look like they were done using crappy online services.

A big thank you to Daerdinfor the links to the shot storys now I can some back ground on the the Withcers.And hope that English version of the books come out soon

Daerdin said:
NoseyGoblin, I hope you will share your impressions with us soon :) Have a good time reading.
I surely will. I have almost finished what i am already reading, so I'll be starting The Last Wish soon...Shane

I ordered my English copy (hardcover, via amazon.co.uk) on 4/12 and got it today. So, I bought the German edition a few days ago, because I was frustrated with that and now I have two books I don't really need.Well, my German copy from 2000 is worn to a nub so it doesn't really matter.The English hardcover is great.

Top Bottom