The first witcher book was just published in English! ... NOT!;)

+
"Geralt de Riv is a witcher, a man whose magic powers, enhanced by long training and a mysterious elixir, have made him a brilliant fighter and a merciless assassin."Nice one - previous short description of "The last wish" used name "sorceleur" (used often along with "hexer" by A.S.), so really CDPR supported translation nicely at that point ;). Sorceleur sounded a bit... flimsy? :)I've also already ordered the book (paperback - no funds, sniff), now I'm only waiting to compare polish version with english one...The only thing, that makes me worry, is no info about "Sword of destiny". I hope there will be no jumping straightforward to "Blood of the Elves" without explaining a bond between Geralt and Ciri. But perhaps developers know something more? :>

Brysiu said:
The only thing, that makes me worry, is no info about "Sword of destiny". I hope there will be no jumping straightforward to "Blood of the Elves" without explaining a bond between Geralt and Ciri. But perhaps developers know something more? :>
I think it's like in polish exclusive version - you have 2 first books with short stories in one. So there would be introducting one + saga...

Yaboo said:
I think it's like in polish exclusive version - you have 2 first books with short stories in one. So there would be introducting one + saga...
I'm afraid not :(. English version has 384 pages compared to less than 300 in polish edition of "The last wish". So it would be impossible, even if they have been printing books in larger dimensions and using tiny fonts . Moreover, they should also use title "Sword of destiny".That's why I am asking. In 1 or 2 days I will (partially) know the answer...

i read somewhere that the second collection of short stories will be translated only if the last wish sells well.

Top Bottom