The Forlorn Hope: Cyberpunk Off-Topic

+
Yeah I'd agree I've used that argument too often lately so I'l let it lie. Enough of the same.

We differ on the idea that CDPR created the community and that we are that community.

This is a cyberpunk community and it's been around for decades. We are a branch of that. The Cyberpunk subgenre, which is uglifyingly close to not being fiction anymore, is a fun one for a few reasons, that whole style, edginess reality thing.

So I think that if we act as if this forum is a place for Cyberpunk-related things and not merely Cyberpunk 2077, it would be more interesting and more useful by far. Unlike many other forums in the genre, we actually have a focal point we can rally around, but there's no reason to make that our definitive focus.

Sure, there are other places for Cyberpunk stuff, but they are either bouncing around a lot of different "cyberpunk" topics, (Reddit) or dead, (Cyberpunk 2020 forums) or tainted with eeeevil (Shadowrun. I kid. Mostly).

I'm not in a big hurry for people to post a dozen or ten dozen things a day. It's nice to just have a place to pop in and talk about what effect District Nine had on the Cyberpunk genre and read an adult argument for, oh, explicit sex scenes in a game. That's all.

Also the music and movie threads rock. So much good stuff.

Mebrilia;n7257890 said:
Sardukar i am just attempting to avoid you will became the new Stanley woo XD (joke for ease the tension)

Oh, they don't -pay- me, I do alllll this for freeee! Also, firing me would just make me more powerful...than you could DREAM!

Seriously, jokes have been made that I'm still on-staff just to control me. Otherwise, Tutu and I would ally and begin our subtle overthrow of our Polish Masters!!

Because although I generally agree with my Masters, sometimes I feel all,

Sardukhar;n7252080 said:
I'm not in a big hurry for people to post a dozen or ten dozen things a day.
Just imagine all the fun you'll have once a release date is confirmed ... sux to be you ;)

I just don't care. What Witcher 3 taught me and should teach everyone at this point is that nothing will go just as planned and according to the new info, even if it's CDPR. TW3 aimed for something like Q3 2014 but wasn't yet ready. I don't see why CP2077 should be different even if the "leak" is not a bag of shit.

metalmaniac21;n7278330 said:
I just don't care. What Witcher 3 taught me and should teach everyone at this point is that nothing will go just as planned and according to the new info, even if it's CDPR. TW3 aimed for something like Q3 2014 but wasn't yet ready. I don't see why CP2077 should be different even if the "leak" is not a bag of shit.
And that includes their sales. I don't think anyone at CDPR expected W3 to do as well as it has. Hoped ... of course ... expected ... no.

I came back to my place finding 8 flies in my PC room.
ok.
at the first day, I killed 4 of them.
the day after that I killed one more
two days ago I killed two more.

didn't kill the last one. I wanted her to feel the loss of his brothers and sisters
I wanted him to suffer
I fucking hate flies.
yesterday she started to piss me off too much while I was playing overwatch. she got me killed twice.
I trapped her under a cup.
slipped a small piece of meat under the cup for her to feast on.
every now and then, I spray a just little tiny bit of mosquito repellent inside the cup. I always see her get paralyzed and fall down, and then after three hours she gets back up.
I'm keeping this one alive
I fucking hate flies.

Sardukhar;n7502190 said:
So I just tripped ove this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1J_JCflB7w

Russian. Superhero. Flick. Bear with gatling guns. Yes. February is going to be AMAZING.
Rather interesting to see the Russian Army vice US or JDF (which is essentially US) in action.
Looking at the trailer I'd say Hollywood has some competition (assuming the writing is good) and I for one am overjoyed to see it. Maybe they'll actually have to start paying attention to what the audience actually wants instead of giving us what they want.

Yeah I saw it and looks very good so far.

Don't know whats with the half like/half dis-like bar thing going on though.xD

Eh, that movie looks interesting, but part of me swore off Russian movies after the incoherent messes that were Night Watch and Day Watch. Mostly the latter.

In other news, Nintendo is making a new Fire Emblem game. I know that series isn't on the radar of most people here, but it used to be the Dark Souls of tactical gaming and my devotion to it was every bit as fierce and undying as their fans tend to be. The last game (or games, I suppose, after they split it into 3 different games) were abortions, though, and there's also a freemium title coming. The series was therefore dead to me, having seemingly succumbed to a terminal cause of the waifus and casuals after they insisted on shoving marriage, kids, and increasingly easy permadeath-off-modes into every title. Then they came out recently and were like, "oh yeah, and we're remaking one of the old ones from when the series was actually good and that'll be out in May." And it looks great. It sounds great. They seem to have removed a ton of the stupid crap. Haven't heard anything about (hopefully mandatory) permadeath yet, but it feels like they might actually release something not-terrible for the first time in a long time.

I find that hope is typically a precursor to throat-stabbing rage, but it's nice to feel cautiously optimistic about something for once.

227;n7529080 said:
I find that hope is typically a precursor to throat-stabbing rage, but it's nice to feel cautiously optimistic about something for once.

Uh-huh. Salad fork or full-size model, do you think? Maybe go with a BBQ Grill model, all in stainless. Mix it up a bit.

Sardukhar;n7529340 said:
Uh-huh. Salad fork or full-size model, do you think? Maybe go with a BBQ Grill model, all in stainless. Mix it up a bit.
Full-sized fork for quickness and effectiveness, salad fork for catharsis.

Barbecue fork is a little too big for my tastes, but not big enough to be beautifully excessive; middle ground is for diplomats and J.R.R. Tolkien, so if you're going to stab someone with something that's basically a trident with a defective tine, then it's best to splurge for an actual trident. Otherwise you're only cheating yourself.

Top Bottom