The Forlorn Hope: Cyberpunk Off-Topic

+
or fear, there's alwayse the classic cyberpunk move of moving one's loved ones to a distant arcology for their "protection." the implied threat being if you go against the company, we have your family... but that seems more like an EA sorta move to me.

eraser7278;n10195822 said:
or fear, there's alwayse the classic cyberpunk move of moving one's loved ones to a distant arcology for their "protection." the implied threat being if you go against the company, we have your family... but that seems more like an EA sorta move to me.

Oh lord. That's why we haven't heard anything about last year's leaks. It's because CDPR killed those hackers.

Last edited:
Lisbeth_Salander;n10195882 said:
Oh lord. That's why we haven't heard anything about last year's leaks. It's because CDPR killed those hackers.

Probably.

Jokes aside, more likely they just paid them off or the hackers never had anything to begin with (I think CDPR just said "yeah there was a breach of some kind", doesn't mean they actually managed to get anything).

Snowflakez;n10195952 said:
Probably.
Jokes aside, more likely they just paid them off or the hackers never had anything to begin with (I think CDPR just said "yeah there was a breach of some kind", doesn't mean they actually managed to get anything).

Hackers?? Ive heard of a breach but wasnt the stolen information the very first concepts and designs for CP77 and i think it was said that what was stolen is no longer in any way relatable to the actual game but a is leftover design?

spla200;n10196082 said:
Hackers?? Ive heard of a breach but wasnt the stolen information the very first concepts and designs for CP77 and i think it was said that what was stolen is no longer in any way relatable to the actual game but a is leftover design?

dude what if we get a huge leak before this year's E3. Didn't Iwinski said their marketing was gonna be a "surprise"?

Lisbeth_Salander;n10196162 said:
dude what if we get a huge leak before this year's E3. Didn't Iwinski said their marketing was gonna be a "surprise"?
Imagine if the surprise will start by having Geralt go in the cellar to check his wine from Toussaint and sees that the barrel has a leak.
Then he turns to exit the cellar and says:
- Syber, you punk, we need to have a word. I told you to be careful transporting the wine.

Lisbeth_Salander;n10196162 said:

I have a feeling that its gonna be 2019 when the marketing starts happening and then maybe a release in late 2019 or 2020, who knows.

spla200;n10207112 said:
I have a feeling that its gonna be 2019 when the marketing starts happening and then maybe a release in late 2019 or 2020, who knows.

That seems very unlikely to me, even with this tweet aside.

EDIT: Maybe it's time to take a break from the forums until the hype dies down in a month or so.

Last edited:
Snowflakez;n10207132 said:
That seems very unlikely to me, even with this tweet aside.
EDIT: Maybe it's time to take a break from the forums until the hype dies down in a month or so.

Dont forget they did say that there game engine is up and running so we will hear something on CP2077 in 2019

A working class joe enters the bar. Obviously, he hasn't had a good day at the factory. His company provided cyber arms with the enhanced muscles tell the story...The burly dude is a human "pallet jack" and is looking to let off some steam. Swaggering to the bar for a drink and some change for the beat up old VR Jukebox, he quickly gets a sloppy "Jack and Coke". Putting in a Eurobuck, he scans the selections and an evil leer crosses his tired but wired face as he finds his selection. "The first jackass that talks shit, is going to get his gourd rattled." he thinks, as he clenches a cybered fist. https://youtu.be/TXXO9_3gb3o begins to blast across the busy bar as he walks to a table to take a seat. " Thank MOG for weekends." He mutters aloud.

Last edited:
Cyberpunk - your future has many shapes.
Corps decide your life. You don't like it and start to fight back. You install cyberware.
When you install too much you start to feel like Mario after too many mushrooms. You feel big and important and can't stop from leveling up.
And... then comes MAX-TAC and nerfs you. They install the HD version.
- Welcome to the Psycho, we have red bull.

If anyone's interested in what appears to be a fairly realistic RPG to keep yourself occupied till we get more information on 2077, check out Kingdom Come: Deliverance: http://www.pcgamer.com/being-a-nobod...e-deliverance/

I've had my eye on it since it first popped up on Kickstarter, and its finally releasing next month. They've made a tremendous amount of progress, and it really looks like an amazing game. I didn't back the project due to skepticism regarding other failed projects, but this one is actually happening!

One really interesting thing is the story/quest systems. This is not a fantasy RPG, and you are not the "big hero". There's no magic, dragons or monsters, just humans, and the quests reflect that. If a local lord enlists you to help him out by gathering information on nearby bandits but you run off in the opposite direction to do your own thing, the world moves on without you. The lord and his other men will resolve the situation with -- or without -- your assistance. The world is indifferent to you, which is really neat.

It also seems to have many more actual RPG systems than Skyrim. Dialogue checks that can and will fail, and just generally much more skill-based gameplay. That said, it's absolutely still an action style RPG when it comes to combat, there's no to-hit or damage dice rolls here. However, nothing says you must use combat. I think they said something like 80% (maybe more) of the game can be completed nonlethally, via persuasion/bluffing, stealth or your own creativity.

There's a layered armor system, too, and the armor itself is effective against different kinds of weapons more than others... Okay, there's just a lot to it. Not going to go into it all here. But check it out if it sounds like your cup of tea. If you can get past some intentionally cringe worthy commentary:

Last edited:
I know that installing cyberware has a cost on you. But you can deactivate/remove them and go to therapy.
Can this install-remove cyberware be exploited in the game?
For keeping the skills you might learn, or use for quick access to some places.
I hope not. Beside the money cost, I hope there are risks it has on you. Not only physical and mental risks, but risks with people requiring you more and more favors to be done.

Last edited:
Top Bottom