The Forlorn Hope: Cyberpunk Off-Topic

+
I'm glad that this mission critical issue has been solved to most people's satisfaction. thank you all for you love support and help :)

Forum veteran
I must have a gif of this!
Do I look like your personal .gif dispensary?

Preemptive: shut up. Rhetorical.

The first time I read through that, I thought "wait, he uses a Windows Phone.....???", but then I realised that it didn't mean that. Phew.
I have an iPhone. It'd truly be surprising if that's a better situation, because these things are designed to be as breakable as possible. This is my phone after a one-foot fall, so that's personal experience talking.

iDevices have really become worthless since iOS showed up; I could club a seal with my iPod Nano and it'd still play music, whereas my iPhone—and I swear this is true—lost 60% of its battery life after a half-foot fall onto its case side just 20 minutes ago. It's a miracle it still works, honestly, because I know a ton of people who have lost theirs to less.

Yes. Yes you do. GIF ME.

What does rhetorical mean, anyway? I always thought it was some extinct country in Africa.

Our Samsung phones are pretty tough, I must say. Through Southeast Asia and used constantly at work. Not broken one yet. Don't have an iphone, but my first or second gen Nano is still going strong.

So, I guess Wisdom is done here since he's been found out, and has all sorts of stalkers like Sard to contend with. More features for me in '77.

You wish! I shall resist your every hope! On principle!

Deric himself mentioned he'd been in movies, on the movie quotes thread. His name is all over his work. He doesn't give two shits. Plus, he lives in goddamn Arkansas. I'd rather stalk a Fremen through Deep Desert while drunk than visit Arkansas for more than .01 seconds.

Yes. Yes you do. GIF ME.

What does rhetorical mean, anyway? I always thought it was some extinct country in Africa.

Our Samsung phones are pretty tough, I must say. Through Southeast Asia and used constantly at work. Not broken one yet. Don't have an iphone, but my first or second gen Nano is still going strong.

Anyone who manages to come up with an avatar like yours is clearly competent with Photoshop, so why can't you make you own gifs?

And you've just reminded me - first generation iPhone+SE Asian humidity = warranty invalidated because it was OBVIOUSLY dunked in a swimming pool. Ah, those were the days.

Too bad a discussion on the real history of the 4th of July would be deemed too political and controversial on these forums.

Anyways I hope my fellow Americans enjoyed their 4th of July weekend, wish I was stateside!

No. 227 made the image happen in my mind. It must be from him/her/its virtual hand that digital magic occurs. Otherwise would seem...disjunction.

lmao - thats precious... i have a feeling if i did that i would be permanently disabled and out on the street lol.

very funny though

Forum veteran
Found out awhile back that a huge number of "pranks" like that are staged for the sake of cheap Youtube hits. Pretty weak.

"Of or relating to rhet." Duh. See also: rhetastic, rheticule, and rheticulous.

So, I guess Wisdom is done here since he's been found out, and has all sorts of stalkers like Sard to contend with. More features for me in '77.
He'd better not leave, because I wanted to make him my "forum enemy." The Loki to my Thor. The Lex Luther to my Superman. If he leaves, I'll have wasted so much unnecessary antagonizing for nothing.

No. He's not gone. I refuse to believe it. He's probably just at the ellipsis store, stocking up.

Forum veteran
Loki is kinda cooler than Thor.
All villains are cooler than the heroes they're fighting. Even the cavity creeps.

Also, it's Luthor. IT'S IMPORTANT.
I don't know why I'm apparently incapable of spelling his name correctly, but it's probably Luther Vandross' fault.

It's not like anyone ever calls him "Luther," either. It's always, "Look out for Lex Loo-THOR." Ugh. Some kind of mental block or something.

Found out awhile back that a huge number of "pranks" like that are staged for the sake of cheap Youtube hits. Pretty weak.

The video (no longer around) of the Foltest Death Scene from TW2 that was presented as a teaser/trailer for DA3 had some pretty funny comments. But maybe I just enjoyed it because it was the first I'd seen.

And seriously? Luther Vandross is more engraved in your brain than Lex Luthor?

226 disappoints me every day. It's like a super power.

I HAD SUCH HOPES FOR THAT..WHALE?DOLPHIN WITH FLIPPERS? SOMETHING?

Forum veteran
And seriously? Luther Vandross is more engraved in your brain than Lex Luthor?
He's more or less a convenient scapegoat, though to be honest, I never liked the Superman cartoon when I was growing up so it really wouldn't be surprising. Back then, it was either Batman, X-men, or finding something else to do; even as a child, my tastes were too elitist and refined for Lex and Supes' witless smashing.

226 disappoints me every day. It's like a super power.
Don't be a dick, Smarmykhan.

Speaking of which, it's incredibly depressing that no one bit on that Crest commercial. I was hoping someone would ask the (one would think obvious) followup question, that of course being, "Why are you a fan of cavities?" Then I'd be able to point out the apparent gender disparity and the fact that the whole thing takes place inside a mouth, using it as an excuse to use the phrase, "sausagefest in your mouth."

Now none of us get to enjoy the conversation suddenly and inexplicably hitting that particular low point. Way to ruin my fun.

Top Bottom