The Forlorn Hope: Cyberpunk Off-Topic

+
BjornTheBandit;n10254202 said:
So, how about that influx of *beep* hype-ers? Seem to be ignoring the forlorn hope

Maybe for the best... ;) Joking, joking.

I think they're mostly sticking to the "Active" threads. Stuff discussing gameplay, and the idea thread, etc. Actually seen quite a few interesting concepts in there since the *beep*, so pretty happy about that. Hoping CDPR is still taking new ideas, as long as it doesn't come at the cost of a great core game.

Suhiira kofeiiniturpa

Going to pick up a Baldur's Gate game and give it a go. Would you recommend the EE of 1 or 2? Are they a continuous story, did 2 add on to the gameplay in a meaningful enough way that it's clearly the "better" of the two? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
The grizzled old fellow with the Veteran cap walks into the club, orders himself the nastiest grease bomb burger the place has and a beer. The young fellow, his nephew, asks him: "Uncle, what is your philosophy of life?" The greying oldster says: " Rather than tell you, I'll let this song explain it." To which, he takes a crumpled E-Buck puts it in the battered VR Jukebox and plays the following selection: https://youtu.be/XpbhgSXZHGQ

Last edited:
I hope in CP2077 we will not hear and/or read something like "the target sustained negative damage", like I heard in other games. In those games it is used when the attacker missed the target.
I find the expression funny and unfit, it makes me think that negative damage means the target got healed.

I am sorry if what I said is offending, it was not my intention to insult.

Snowflakez;n10254432 said:
Suhiira kofeiiniturpa

Going to pick up a Baldur's Gate game and give it a go. Would you recommend the EE of 1 or 2? Are they a continuous story, did 2 add on to the gameplay in a meaningful enough way that it's clearly the "better" of the two? Thanks in advance.
Definitely go with the "Enhanced Edition", it's not just additional gameplay but additional content in terms of items and classes/skills/feats/etc.
As to 1 or 2 ... whichever is most current. I got my current copy of Steam for simplicitys sake.

Suhiira;n10272792 said:
Definitely go with the "Enhanced Edition", it's not just additional gameplay but additional content in terms of items and classes/skills/feats/etc.
As to 1 or 2 ... whichever is most current. I got my current copy of Steam for simplicitys sake.

Started playing it last night. Enjoying it so far. :cheers:

spla200;n10292732 said:
Does anyone know what these RedPoints are for, always wanted to know, got 9 of em??

They don't do anything. It's just like giving somebody a virtual cookie if you agree with them/find their post funny or helpful/etc.

Lisbeth_Salander;n10295502 said:
The soundtrack thread was deleted.

i think you'll find it's simply been stickied. still annoying as fuck each time i come back here and find someone has moved everyone's shit for no discernible reason...

eraser7278;n10300962 said:
i think you'll find it's simply been stickied. still annoying as fuck each time i come back here and find someone has moved everyone's shit for no discernible reason...

Sard probably has his reasons.

That said -- a bit of mod feedback -- with how comparatively inactive this forum is compared to others, it doesn't really make much sense to merge threads all the time. It's not like there's a real need for it. If it keeps the conversation alive at this stage, I'd recommend letting that sort of stuff slide.

Merging threads confuses the conversation and it's extremely disorienting, especially in some circumstances where both threads could stand on their own. If someone wants to talk about the combat and someone else talks about a specific aspect of combat, two totally different discussions could be going on. When they get merged, suddenly everything is thrown off.

Just my 2 cents, though.

Keep in mind our illustrious moderators have to think ahead. Eventually CDPR will release some information about CP2077 and these forums are going to explode. So anything they can do now, when there are relatively few people, will pay off big time later.

Some of it is our job to prevent duplicate threads. Some of it is trying to make sure good stuff doesn't vanish but can be found in a live thread.

Sometimes we screw up.

Sometimes the forum goes buggy and eats stuff.

Nearly always there is a redirect when a thread gets moved and it lasts for hours. I can set up a 24 hour redirect in future though.

Going forward to the future, regarding technology, I find interesting and makes me curious to observe this idea where people want to be more machine and AI wishes to be regarded as a human.
I wonder if we will meet Alt Cunningham.

Top Bottom