The Forlorn Hope: Cyberpunk Off-Topic

+
Sardukhar;n10301762 said:
Some of it is our job to prevent duplicate threads. Some of it is trying to make sure good stuff doesn't vanish but can be found in a live thread.

Sometimes we screw up.

Sometimes the forum goes buggy and eats stuff.

Nearly always there is a redirect when a thread gets moved and it lasts for hours. I can set up a 24 hour redirect in future though.

Understandable, nobody is perfect. Thanks for clarifying. Yeah, anything that just lets some of the regulars figure out where the conversation is easier would be much appreciated. :)

So, in the end, the game needs to cover two important aspects to make you feel that you are part of the world not a shadow.

These aspects are:
1) the game acknowledges your existence and interacts with you;
2) the game is reacting to your actions in the world.

The number two always creates unpleasant situations.

spla200;n10292732 said:
Does anyone know what these RedPoints are for, always wanted to know, got 9 of em??
They're intended to cause great and grievous confusion amongst unsuspecting recipients.
Seriously, though, they are merely tokens of appreciation.

It's also worth mentioning that the event probably will be conducted behind closed doors, so usual E3 visitors won't be able to play a demo. (if there'll be one and CDPR won't dial back everything)
Any other Medias out here planning to visit E3?

metalmaniac21;n10321552 said:
It's also worth mentioning that the event probably will be conducted behind closed doors, so usual E3 visitors won't be able to play a demo. (if there'll be one and CDPR won't dial back everything)

I collaborated for a two years with the biggest video game magazine in Poland, but it was a long time ago, so I doubt that would be enough to earn the invitation for the exclusive behind the scenes presentation. The other alternative is dedicating the upcoming four months of my life to become a prominent video game youtuber or using my connections to Angry Joe to get him to record everything with hidden camera.

Shavod;n10321802 said:
I collaborated for a two years with the biggest video game magazine in Poland, but it was a long time ago, so I doubt that would be enough to earn the invitation for the exclusive behind the scenes presentation. The other alternative is dedicating the upcoming four months of my life to become a prominent video game youtuber or using my connections to Angry Joe to get him to record everything with hidden camera.

You know a lot of people

Shavod;n10321802 said:

Indeed, you need to be an active member of the gaming press in some way (YouTuber, journalist, popular blogger) to even sign up to go in the first place. Freelancers do count, you don't need to be in the office or on the official payroll. You get some pretty sweet benefits, too - media housing (discounted hotels) and flight fare (discounted). Maybe you can try to trick them by sending a copy of your old press credentials? :p

I heard there are public sign-ups now, too, but they are very expensive and sold out basically immediately after E3 2017 was over...

metalmaniac21;n10321552 said:

I was hoping to go but press sign-ups closed earlier than I expected this year. I'm hoping one of my colleagues already signed up so I can grill them when they get back, but it's unlikely. :( Seems like I was the only one with any interest in going this year.

Hoping I can connect with folks from RPS to ask a few questions about their experience.

EDIT: This is assuming a demo is indeed playable at all. It's still possible that only a gameplay video is shown (not playable), or nothing at all (less likely IMO).

Last edited:
Snowflakez;n10321872 said:
Indeed, you need to be an active member of the gaming press in some way (YouTuber, journalist, popular blogger) to even sign up to go in the first place. Freelancers do count, you don't need to be in the office or on the official payroll. You get some pretty sweet benefits, too - media housing (discounted hotels) and flight fare (discounted). Maybe you can try to trick them by sending a copy of your old press credentials? :p

That actually made me wonder if (assuming that they will indeed show that demo behind the scenes) they will invite YongYea for the presentation, after all the bad press caused by his videos, since he is a youtuber with a pretty significant following. I do hope that they will show the class and still invite him, since blacklisting people just for saying some negative things about you would be a pretty dubious practice.

When it comes to other youtubers, I hope that Gopher and Christopher Odd will go there to make their report, but I'm not sure if they ever travelled to E3 before.

Shavod;n10322692 said:
That actually made me wonder if (assuming that they will indeed show that demo behind the scenes) they will invite YongYea for the presentation, after all the bad press caused by his videos, since he is a youtuber with a pretty significant following. I do hope that they will show the class and still invite him, since blacklisting people just for saying some negative things about you would be a pretty dubious practice.

When it comes to other youtubers, I hope that Gopher and Christopher Odd will go there to make their report, but I'm not sure if they ever travelled to E3 before.

Good point. I'm actually not sure how private presentations work, never been to one. I'd assume they would be open to all members of the press, but it could definitely be an invite only thing.

If they did come to YongYea's name on a list of potential invitees, I think it makes more business sense to let him into the fold to see the project with his own eyes (and thus potentially quell his concerns for a later video) than it does to blacklist him, but that's assuming they don't just ignore him for other reasons ( because he doesn't have wide enough viewership compared to outlets like Rock Paper Shotgun, PC Gamer, IGN, Gamespot, etc. )

To your second statement, as long as they have decent viewership and signed up ages ago, they could probably go if they wanted to. Never heard of them before, though.

Snowflakez;n10323312 said:
Never heard of them before, though.
Gopher is pretty big ... and I think went to their TW3 stuff in Poland. This was his final review on TW3.

Snowflakez;n10323312 said:
If they did come to YongYea's name on a list of potential invitees, I think it makes more business sense to let him into the fold to see the project with his own eyes (and thus potentially quell his concerns for a later video) than it does to blacklist him, but that's assuming they don't just ignore him for other reasons ( because he doesn't have wide enough viewership compared to outlets like Rock Paper Shotgun, PC Gamer, IGN, Gamespot, etc. )

By invinting YongYea to E3 or some other event, CDPR woud be showing that there is no consequences with people responsible for negative speculations.

By not invinting YongYea to any event and blacklisting, CDPR will be telling the world what not to do.

Last edited:
Lisbeth_Salander;n10323512 said:
By invinting YongYea to E3 or some other event, CDPR woud be showing that there is no consequences with people responsible for negative speculations.

By not invinting YongYea to any event and blacklisting, CDPR will be telling the world what not to do.

That your cat?

Top Bottom