The Forlorn Hope: Cyberpunk Off-Topic

+
"And, while this world is full of adrenaline, don't let the car chases and guns mislead you. Cyberpunk 2077 is a true single player, story-driven RPG. You'll be able to create your own character and..., well, you'll get to know the rest from what we show at our booth at E3. Be on the lookout for previews!"

@Suhiira

May not have much to worry about after all as far as action goes. ;)

"And, while this world is full of adrenaline, don't let the car chases and guns mislead you. Cyberpunk 2077 is a true single player, story-driven RPG. You'll be able to create your own character and..., well, you'll get to know the rest from what we show at our booth at E3. Be on the lookout for previews!"

@Suhiira

Yeah immediately after I made that post I found out about the secret message in the trailer so yeah, I should research a bit better before I go and post things.

So, Bethesda is going HARD with the cringe at E3. They invited a hard rock band on stage for the Rage 2 song...?

Bethesda unveiled Fallout 76, Elder Scrolls 6, and Starfield at E3.

Bet you guys are regretting not watching now. :D

Too bad the Kotaku leak about FO76 was right (no offline gameplay?), and the others are probably still a long time away. At least they are confirmed and will come eventually, even if not this year.

Last edited:
Bethesda unveiled Fallout 76, Elder Scrolls 6, and Starfield at E3.

Bet you guys are regretting not watching now. :D

Well...

1) I checked out the trailers, and they show way less than even CDPR's. Starfield takes place in space (duh) and TES6 is a thing that exists or will at some point.

2) I've tried Bethesda games before and don't really see the appeal. I doubt they've changed that much since Skyrim and Fallout 3/4.

So forgive me if I'm far from wowed :p

Well...

1) I checked out the trailers, and they show way less than even CDPR's. Starfield takes place in space (duh) and TES6 is a thing that exists or will at some point.

2) I've tried Bethesda games before and don't really see the appeal. I doubt they've changed that much since Skyrim and Fallout 3/4.

So forgive me if I'm far from wowed :p
You don't have to be wowed. But a lot of other people are. ;)

I am not particularly interested in FO76 if it is online only (a disappointment after seeing the trailer, the much larger map and technical improvements over FO4), but Starfield and TES VI are definitely good news, however long it will take until they come. At least as a somewhat Fallout-like single player game there is Dying Light 2 in the relatively nearer future, and it seems to be actually adding choice and RPG elements.

I am not particularly interested in FO76 if it is online only (a disappointment after seeing the trailer, the much larger map and technical improvements over FO4), but Starfield and TES VI are definitely good news, however long it will take until they come. At least as a somewhat Fallout-like single player game there is Dying Light 2 in the relatively nearer future, and it seems to be actually adding choice and RPG elements.

I'm actually really excited about Dying Light 2, looks great.

@Suhiira

Still don't know if the combat system is a twitch shooter or character driven RPG, or better yet both with the option to play the game in either mode.

But ... DAMN it's pretty !
Still digesting and dissecting it.

There's a lot to digest. It require multiple watches to appreciate fully I think. I know I didn't like it at first, but I think that's because it initially gave me the impression that the protagonist was fixed.

Still don't know if the combat system is a twitch shooter or character driven RPG, or better yet both with the option to play the game in either mode.

But ... DAMN it's pretty !
Still digesting and dissecting it.
Very much looking forward to discussing things with you. Hope the influx of new folks doesn't scare you off, old timer. <3

There's a lot to digest. It require multiple watches to appreciate fully I think. I know I didn't like it at first, but I think that's because it initially gave me the impression that the protagonist was fixed.

Ditto. Me and my girlfriend were watching live, and my first reaction, after going "OH SHIT HONEY IT'S HAPPENING I KNEW IT," was to freak out about the lack of character creation.

Rewatching, though? I now see at least 5 possible PCs in there. Corporate, fixer, solo, a female who is clearly a PC but I'm not sure what class, media/rockerboy, and netrunner.

I'm still amazed that after 5 years this is the best they could do. They crammed everything Witcher out of the door in record time, and all of it looked better than this.

I'm still amazed that after 5 years this is the best they could do. They crammed everything Witcher out of the door in record time, and all of it looked better than this.
What are you referring to, specifically? Visuals? What did you expect? It's going to apparently be a dense city with "3D movement" (flying cars?). GTA V looks about the same, if not a little worse in some ways (probably better in others). And the game still needs to run (well) on the default XBONE and PS4.

PC, PS4 Pro and Xbone X users will almost certainly get some sort of additional "hi-def" option, or option(s) in the case of PC.

If you mean gameplay, well, this was just a teaser. They already said they're going to show more at their E3 2018 booth.

Remember, they said they'd let us know "before or at E3" what they were up to. Consider this a simple "We'll be there, and we'll be talking to people and doing other non-teaser stuff" (As confirmed by the Coliseum guy, and their hidden message).

Top Bottom