The Forlorn Hope: Cyberpunk Off-Topic

+
This: https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...bugs-and-errors.10969448/page-2#post-11070593

Labelled Bugs and Errors, but you can put ideas into it.

Forum coders are pretty busy implementing features from the switch over still, so doubtful you'll see much traction.
Ah, OK. I won't bother then. For posterity, I was just going to suggest making the "a RED commented here" button actually take you directly to the first RED post. Not sure how multiple posts would be handled, but for most topics that isn't an issue since they are (understandably) not very active.

Waiting for Thronebreaker to drop tomorrow and RDR2 Friday, was playing CKII in the evenings this weekend. Man I love that game. Started as a small county Earl, and within two generations was the King of Ireland and Wales, allied with Scotland. Now it's mostly managing my elective monarchy and trying to keep all my relatives from betraying me. But so engrossing.

Waiting for Thronebreaker to drop tomorrow and RDR2 Friday, was playing CKII in the evenings this weekend. Man I love that game. Started as a small county Earl, and within two generations was the King of Ireland and Wales, allied with Scotland. Now it's mostly managing my elective monarchy and trying to keep all my relatives from betraying me. But so engrossing.
I've been playing CK2 pretty regularly myself. I use the CK2+ mod, I love it. I also tend to start in Ireland.

I hate the "new" county names, though. I miss when it was just Desmond, Mumu, etc. Now it's Deusmemsmduemfmamain.

I've been playing CK2 pretty regularly myself. I use the CK2+ mod, I love it. I also tend to start in Ireland.

I hate the "new" county names, though. I miss when it was just Desmond, Mumu, etc. Now it's Deusmemsmduemfmamain.
I like starting as the smaller city states and then building them up into a country. I frequently do either Ireland, Frisia (the Netherlands) or Italy. My favorite is the Netherlands and then carry it over into EUIV when the mod is working.

I like starting as the smaller city states and then building them up into a country. I frequently do either Ireland, Frisia (the Netherlands) or Italy. My favorite is the Netherlands and then carry it over into EUIV when the mod is working.
Never actually played EU4 (although I have it and that converter DLC). Is it as good as CK2? One thing I like about CK2 is the "personal" feel of having a ruler, dealing with relationships and intrigue, etc. I know EUIV is more "macro" level stuff, right? Did you still enjoy it as much?

Is it as good as CK2? One thing I like about CK2 is the "personal" feel of having a ruler, dealing with relationships and intrigue, etc. I know EUIV is more "macro" level stuff, right?
I actually started in EU first and converted to CKII. CKII is a more personal feel as you mentioned, but EU has a lot of additional mechanics. I'm especially fond of exploration which is really cool. If forced to choose, I would choose CKII, but both are great. Short answer, yes EUIV is more macro level stuff, although one of the expansions (Rights of Man) gives it a somewhat more personal feel like CKII.

EDIT: If you do get EUIV, definitely wait till it and it's expansions are on a 75% off sale (happens 3-4 times a year for a couple days), and get it plus at least the three expansions:
  1. Art of War
  2. Common Sense
  3. Rights of Man
The game is so much better with them. Also, there are several nation specific ones that are worth it if you want. Like Res Publica for the Netherlands is great (and only like $1.25 if you get it 75% off).

Last edited:
I kinda feel bad, sitting here with Pathfinder: Kingmaker (which was not worth the investment, despite being a good game) and Sims 3.

Top Bottom