The Forlorn Hope: Cyberpunk Off-Topic

+
I had the original Philly, well, in Philly. Quite disappointing, but my people are very spoiled when it comes to food.

The only good rushed game I know is death stranding. And it still has some problems.
That's also a super subjective game. I rented it and hated it. It's usually very polar sides of the love/hate spectrum.

I had the original Philly, well, in Philly. Quite disappointing, but my people are very spoiled when it comes to food.

The only good rushed game I know is death stranding. And it still has some problems.

Beware about what you tell about the almighty Philly:

@kofeiiniturpa @Suhiira

Either of you heard of a game called INSOMNIA: The Ark? Looks interesting. Old-school style RPG. Sorta like a Gothic-type experience, it seems.

Think I'm gonna give it a whirl, I'll report back if it's any good.

Either of you heard of a game called INSOMNIA: The Ark? Looks interesting. Old-school style RPG. Sorta like a Gothic-type experience, it seems.

Might be worth a look, might not be. I haven’t made up my mind yet. I’ve become a bit picky on games altogether lately... monetary reasons, lack of interest and the usual me being cynical of what’s actually there behind the games description.

Please do report back once you’re done browsing it enough to haven idea.

@kofeiiniturpa @Suhiira

Can't say as I have ... I'll take a look once I finish "Dragons Dogma" (got it REALLY cheap on GOG). Definitely an "action" game (but so far playable on "Easy") but has a pretense of a story and quests so these days it qualifies as a top tier RPG.

So far, Insomnia: The Ark is interesting, to say the least.

First of all, the world. Jesus. It's very immersive, very interesting. It is impossible for me to describe. The words will not come to mind. But the music is absolutely amazing, and the world has this sense of eeriness -- have any of you played the Metro games? It's a very similar feeling.

The time you spend in towns and hubs feels like a temporary respite from the horrors that are out there in the tunnels and passageways of a giant, creepy space metropolis. Everyone is just scraping by. The atmosphere is so oppressive and dark. The MUSIC. Seriously. It's so good. It just hammers the feeling home.

Like Gothic and Risen, the combat system is indeed "Action" based, in the sense that you do not issue orders and watch your character follow them, nor do you take turns battling it out. However, it's certainly affected by your character's skills to a noticeable degree, and there are quite a few skills available, though some are combined under one umbrella.

So, "Scammer" encompasses Stealth and Lockpicking, among other sneaky pursuits. Those are still individual skills, they just don't have their own perks.

The story is interesting so far. No voice acting of any kind (I prefer it that way), the dialogue is well-written despite coming from a russian team.

Performance is atrocious. 2080 Ti and an 8700K and I'm sitting at 60-ish FPS in the towns. That might not seem like too big of a deal, but for reference, I can easily surpass 90 FPS in Red Dead Redemption 2's towns. Red Dead Redemption 2. A game notorious for not belonging on this gen of PCs or consoles. And Insomnia is running in Fullscreen, at 1080p, with a couple settings set to medium (only textures on high), and all post-processing turned off.

Ouch. With that said, the game is really surprisingly pretty, and feels surprisingly polished. The lighting in particular stands out. The animations are very decent as well.

Cool game. I can't recommend any of you buy it until I get further and really delve deeper into the character progression systems, though.

Some assorted screenshots, with more to come:

1580097999088.png

Last edited:
But they don't create the satisfying splatter that really nailing a bunny does.
Or the equally satisfying (but rather obnoxious) sound that plays when successfully sniping a bunny rabbit in Skyrim. Did that thrice earlier today, from quite a distance too, and it was a-w-e-s-o-m-e. Especially when the game has a misc counter that's literally called "Bunnies slaughtered". :cool: :D

Who needs cyberware?

Early days, but promising. I could see a use where they deliver healthy cloned cells to damaged nerves, hearts, livers, etc. Or removing cancerous cells and just flushing them out of urine.

DEFINITELY early days, but I'd say it's promising research.

How do we keep it out of the hands of would-be world dictators tho :shrug:

Good question. No matter what we do someone will use technology for nefarious ends. It really depends if the benefits will greatly outweigh the problems.

I am happy when there are advancements made.
I also like the idea of having technology and nature in almost equal quantities, around us.
I also believe good without evil, and evil without good can not exits. At some point in time there is, or will be, a counter part to something.

Top Bottom