The Forlorn Hope: Cyberpunk Off-Topic

+

Forum veteran
Saw this video earlier and had to share.

It's official—I want a pet tiger.

Forum veteran
Cuteness overload conflicting with "totally disapprove" rational thought there.
Rational thought is overrated, and I'm sure being mauled to death by a pet tiger isn't nearly as bad as everyone makes it sound. After all, how would they even know? Definitely not firsthand experience, and secondhand experience means trusting a mauling victim to give an objective account (which they can't, because they're emotionally biased).

Therefore, tigers make good pets.

Rational thought is overrated, and I'm sure being mauled to death by a pet tiger isn't nearly as bad as everyone makes it sound. After all, how would they even know? Definitely not firsthand experience, and secondhand experience means trusting a mauling victim to give an objective account (which they can't, because they're emotionally biased).

Therefore, tigers make good pets.

Ah, but you're looking at this from the speciesist viewpoint again. The basic problem is that mauled tiger-owners aren't a suitable diet for tigers. And if you had cats (do you have cats? I can't remember) you'd also be aware that they ALL have the habit of projectile vomiting after meals, especially if their diet includes plastic-based clothing, jewelry, cellphones, car keys or whatever else the owner had in his pocket. It's hard to clean up and leads to too high a risk of infection due to an unclean living environment. Not to mention the risk of poisoning from the cellphone battery. It's just cruel to expect tigers to be happy with that kind of diet.

No, tigers should live where nature intended, in zoos.

Forum veteran
especially if their diet includes plastic-based clothing, jewelry, cellphones, car keys or whatever else the owner had in his pocket [...] No, tigers should live where nature intended, in zoos.
Luddite nudist colonies also seem like a natural fit.

Time to bust the cute meter

If your video busted the meter, mine just took out half of a city.

Tiger kitten was adorable. Annoying yappy dog will be a light snack one day, I suspect.

And yes, luddite nudist colonies do seem like a good solution.

Weird. A friend of mine sent me the Shrimp link this evening. Trending? Anyway, I liked the supercavitation effect and the AoE stun.

Forum veteran
That video on the right is messed up. The crab is all like, "Ha, I got you with my claw," right before the shrimp rips its claw off and starts to eat it. The crab doesn't even bother trying to get away after that. Did I really just watch a crab give up on life?

Hm, I'd like to see a superhero origin story that incorporates the mantis shrimp. Maybe someone could eat an irradiated shrimp platter or something? The costume would probably be magnificent.

Yeah. I'm not religious, particularly, but sometimes I think a good case for design is that so many of the creatures that do horrible, horrible things to their prey are so very, very small and not a threat to us.

Can you just imagine if these critters were the size of a horse? Shudder. Nature is, apparently, more merciful on a grosser scale. Lions are bad, but 150 pound wasps or mantis shrimp? No.

You know there is plenty of films featuring giant insects. Lolled at tanks firing on ants.

BTW, avoid going to Australia. Spiders, snakes, jellyfishes, stingrays, sharks are out to bite, sting, flail and ultimatly kill you (this ad is not provided by the Australian Tourism Office) :eek:

Joking aside, there are plenty of tiny creatures able to inflict a horrible death to human beings... Ever tried to google "human parasite" ?

I do, but pictures of Redge keep popping up. In those horrible 90s-style cargo pants he likes to wear.
Ah-HA!

"To make things clear, there is a large party of dragon rights activists in CD Projekt RED, who would never hurt those majestic creatures, which the author of this post prefers to eat in his burgers."

Dragon BURGERS?

Top Bottom