The Forlorn Hope: Cyberpunk Off-Topic

+
I have a super power

it's maintaining body size no matter my weight.. 70kg... i look the same... 100kg.... yep still lookign exactly the same :p i am a super hero!

41:30 holy shit
[video=youtube;NV-AWxqYAgc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NV-AWxqYAgc&feature=player_embedded[/video]

havent had much time to read the forum lately, been busy w family in town..

.just got woken upat 2am "were going to maccas you want anything?"

'Yes. I want you to expire. Quietly. AND NEVER BOTHER ME AGAIN."

It's 2 a.m. and I'm probably asleep. Your family obviously hates you.

teenage daughters dont go to sleep until late Sard, same with me, they didnt know i was asleep. plus i told them to tell me when they going to the store cuz i wanted a red bull regardless of the time.

and this statement..
'Yes. I want you to expire. Quietly. AND NEVER BOTHER ME AGAIN."

WTF DUDE!!

EDIT

My bad sard i re read your post, it makes sense now...thought you wanted to dance there for a second..Its 5 30 am now...i should not log in with in seconds od wakeing up lol...just shows how much I love yous <3 :)

Teenage DAUGHTERS?! i have one. She's easily enough.

I hope you enjoy ulcers. Because you gonna get 'em.

lmao - i totally don't envy you guys with daughters... i have no idea what i would do in your situations... i think perhaps i would join the M.D.A.S.L (militant dads against social lives) organization.

but i on the other hand have been away from home for like 2 weeks now... and omg best sleep ever so far <3

Forum veteran
Never understood how guys could have daughters and stay sane. Seems like it opens the door to karmic retribution for all the things you convinced other people's daughters to do when you were younger. So much darkness.

Condoms and birth control pills are anti-karma devices. Breed at your own risk.

Well, it's more the hilarious new craziness of a girl teen after two boy teens.

My daughter is kind of...well imagine what I would produce in terms of a daughter. Sarcastic, smart, tough and hyper-cynical. I pity her boyfriends.

Also, her oldest brother is a bouncer, so there's always that.

Forum veteran
My daughter is kind of...well imagine what I would produce in terms of a daughter.
Sorry, Saltyharm, but I have to ask—what are her feelings on Twilight?

The thought of mini-Sardines running around terrifies me, by the way. Feels like I'm suddenly outnumbered. So... cold...

She loved Twilight! When Kel and I were done with the books, we passed them on.

But that was then and, you know, she's sooooooo much older now. Well over it. Siiigh.

Well, we'll always have Forks, WA.

Forum veteran
Weird. What's the trick to getting kids to be like you, anyway? From what I could tell, everyone I've ever known was basically a living rebellion against their parents.

It's kind of like the old testament: "There was a king who was kind and gave everyone hugs, then his son came along AND PUNCHED BABIES IN THE FACE FOR FUN. The evil king's son was a saint who chopped off his limbs so that the hungry had something to eat during a great famine, but then he had a son who MURDERED SMALL ANIMALS AND FLASHED HIS JUNK AT THE PRIESTS." I'm paraphrasing a bit, but it's kind of like that.

History in general also seems to be an alternating series of saints and dicks. What's the trick for making mini-yous? You know, in case I ever find out that I have an illegitimate child that no one told me about.

Weird. What's the trick to getting kids to be like you, anyway? From what I could tell, everyone I've ever known was basically a living rebellion against their parents.

It's kind of like the old testament: "There was a king who was kind and gave everyone hugs, then his son came along AND PUNCHED BABIES IN THE FACE FOR FUN. The evil king's son was a saint who chopped off his limbs so that the hungry had something to eat during a great famine, but then he had a son who MURDERED SMALL ANIMALS AND FLASHED HIS JUNK AT THE PRIESTS." I'm paraphrasing a bit, but it's kind of like that.

History in general also seems to be an alternating series of saints and dicks. What's the trick for making mini-yous? You know, in case I ever find out that I have an illegitimate child that no one told me about.

There is no trick. That rebellion you're talking about comes from the simple fact of being more and more aware of becoming more and more like you, the parent. They try to push it all away, they scream and kick, but in the end they become more or less a copy of their parents. At least that was the case with me.

My 3-year old daughter is so far one little rebellion, with our every conversation sounding more or less like this:

Me: Can you please...

Her: NO!

Heee!

My kids are and aren't like me. Many of their attitudes are coloured by and informed by Kelly and myself, of course, and they are fully equipped with cynicism and wit. Hopefully compassion but, hey, that's Mum;s department. I teach em how to take and give a punch and not to trust humans because humans.

Their tastes after that are their own. Some of them we share, some of them we very much do not.

Here's the trick: don't give a shit about what you want them to be. Really. Let them be who they are, try to nudge them away if you think they are aping you too heartily but other than that, don't pull or push really strongly.

I don't want the kids to be like us or not like us. Let em find out on their own. I'm just happy if they are mostly content and not douchebags.

Oh and I lie to them ALL THE TIME. Little fuckers don't trust me at all, heh. They already know Dad has giant-sized feet of clay.

Gregski - at least your past the terrible 2's where they still have some difficulty expressing what they want/need and just throw tantrums...

actually now that i think about it.... i'm not sure that ever changes?

Forum veteran
My 3-year old daughter is so far one little rebellion
Aw, that's adorable. Thinking that defiance is a cute trait probably makes me insane. Is 3 still technically a toddler? I only ask because from what I've heard, toddlers are basically little bundles of evil. Babies always struck me as innocent little things, whereas the toddler stage seems to be when they discover evil (the "mine" stage, etcetera) and start to binge on it.

Never met a toddler I trusted. Never ever ever. Shifty little people, like sober, beardless dwarves. So wrong.

Here's the trick: don't give a shit about [...] them [...]. Really. Let them be [...], try to nudge them away [...] push really strongly.
Sorry, I'm tired so I skimmed over some words. Selective reading or whatever. Think I picked up the gist of it, though.

I'm still wondering if my soon to be one year old is going to grow up rebelling agaisnt the music we listen to. I hope not because I want him to appreciate the excellence of Hendrix, Sabbath, AC/DC and the other greats.

There'll probably be a period when he rebels against it just because you like it, but then, if he's interested in music, he'll come round to it. Just don't force-feed it. And show respect for whatever dross he's listening to when he's 14, because the same applies. :)

Hey ! I like Calvin Harris! It's not all dross.

If you do your job right, you won't have to evict your kids. They will be eager to set out on their own.

If you do have to, you screwed up.

Top Bottom