The Forlorn Hope: Cyberpunk Off-Topic

+
Well,i was travelling alone for the second time in southeast asia and,coming from the southern part of thailand,on the indian ocean side, i can't really say i liked the north of vietnam that much.i actually hated it. People are rude cause they suffered 82 years of propaganda, and doesn't matter jack where u come from,i'm italian and i've been living 5 years in sweden now, u r always a white trash loaded of money went in thier country to piss off people.
they might have some good fucking reason,but still is annoying.
Where in country like Thailand or Cambodia and,outside Bali,Indonesia they rob you in a kind way,in Vietnam they gangbang you without even smile.
Let's me clear this point,what cost to the local 20,u white asshole pay it 40,wich is still ridicolous,but u can bargain down to 30 easy without getting pissied,they actually enjoy it.In Vietnam what cost 20,they ask you for 200,and if u bargain to 100,wich still they have the cheapest beer in the world, u r a scum fucking asshole cheap motherfucker (maybe i should have used a lot of ****,but we'll see ^_^ ).
Southern part,that suffered little bit less the propaganda and is more sunny and warm,is a madhouse,Saigon expecially,is an anthill of scooter and human all over the fucking place,i can post a video if u want,but does not gives u an idea of how many people there are there.
Still i prefer India,you'll love it,you'll hate it,maybe both as i did,but you'll never forget it.Never.

Well,i was travelling alone for the second time in southeast asia and,coming from the southern part of thailand,on the indian ocean side, i can't really say i liked the north of vietnam that much.i actually hated it. People are rude cause they suffered 82 years of propaganda, and doesn't matter jack where u come from,i'm italian and i've been living 5 years in sweden now, u r always a white trash loaded of money went in thier country to piss off people.
they might have some good fucking reason,but still is annoying.

Interesting. I've lived out here for over 20 years now, but for some reason, never visited Vietnam. I agree about the other countries though.

On the "foreigner tax", it sometimes annoys me, sometimes I just pay it with a smile. In Singapore, it only happened occasionally, and I would have walked away without buying. It's a rich country, so there's no excuse for it. The main offenders were stores selling photographic equipment, and you got to know which to avoid.

In other countries, it depends.

If it's normal, every-day supplies, or blatant over-the-top charges like 200 for something that should cost 20, I won't pay, but for the lesser ones, I think about how much they're actually asking for - a surcharge of one or two dollars on a product won't hurt me, but it may be the difference between eating and not eating to the other guy. So I just bargain just enough to save face, but still pay the tax.

If it's normal, every-day supplies, or blatant over-the-top charges like 200 for something that should cost 20, I won't pay, but for the lesser ones, I think about how much they're actually asking for - a surcharge of one or two dollars on a product won't hurt me, but it may be the difference between eating and not eating to the other guy. So I just bargain just enough to save face, but still pay the tax.

Is exaclty my point,is ok to pay the "tax" and is even funny to bargain,even thought it gets annoying when u gotta bargain for every damn thing,but you need to put some standard.
I liked Singapore for what it has to offer,but coming from Europe all I want is to get lost and forget about the consumistic idea of life.
That's why i escaped after half day Denpassar in Bali and Phuket...
Even Bangkok still have some soul...

first decade of 2000 smartphones
second decade robots
third decade ... finally some fucking decent virtual reality for travelling around the universe?

Of all the corporations out there, Google was so far down the list of 'Potential Candidates to create Skynet' I didn't even entertain the idea...

How wrong I was...

It would be a hundred times worse than Skynet though.. First thing a Skynet android would try is to find the location of John Conner, right? With Google Skynet, there would be no "trying", Google Search + Google Maps and John Conner is screwed.. :D We are doomed i say!

It would be a hundred times worse than Skynet though.. First thing a Skynet android would try is to find the location of John Conner, right? With Google Skynet, there would be no "trying", Google Search + Google Maps and John Conner is screwed.. :D We are doomed i say!
Oh shit... o_O

So, in essence - it's already happened is what you're saying?

I, for one, welcome our murderous new silicon overlords.

heh, in the state the game is now it's really a small addition. No mass effect fan would admit the game is full of cosmetic choice stuff until the ending is reached and the ending is just about the main thing people bitched about before going into detail.

Top Bottom