The Forlorn Hope: Cyberpunk Off-Topic

+
Clearly using points in a totally meaningful way. Clearly. Points are such a great improvement. Most definitely a fantastic move for the forum and not at all a superfluous, annoying addition that takes up extra space and makes everything uglier than it was before with no apparent upside.

Yeah, definitely not that.

I can't tell if Chris hates rep too or if he's just using the points to be passive-aggressive.

Totally random: Does anyone here have any experience making bells? I've been looking for good bell samples for years now without any luck, so I think I want to make (or possibly alter) some bells to have a completely unique bell-like instrument. Couldn't find much on the internet about that kind of thing, though.

I can't tell if Chris hates rep too or if he's just using the points to be passive-aggressive.

Totally random: Does anyone here have any experience making bells? I've been looking for good bell samples for years now without any luck, so I think I want to make (or possibly alter) some bells to have a completely unique bell-like instrument. Couldn't find much on the internet about that kind of thing, though.

Is it for morris dancing or for Quasimodo role-play?

Had to look up morris dancing. Yeah, definitely not that.

It's for my own recording purposes. I've always liked bell sounds, but there aren't a lot of good bell samples out there and buying pre-made bells doesn't appeal to me as much as the idea of making them myself. 'Course, it's probably way more complex than it sounds, but I'd only have to make a few of them. Then I can record their sound and turn them into a digital instrument that no one has except me, because selfish.

But Quasimodo roleplaying may have a place in the future if I can find someone to dress up like Esmeralda. Good idea, D-rag on Birdpizzle.

So I guess you're talking about real bells, not tubular/chimes, then? Don't they need a foundry?

If it's handbell size, you might want to check schools to see if you can borrow a set. Things may have changed/be different there, but when I was at school, they had handbells so that the kids with no musical ability could still join in. Off-tempo.

Don't they need a foundry?
Maybe, maybe not? I'm hoping to find a way of making bells (the smaller kind—definitely not the Quasimodo kind) that doesn't require metal casting.

Honestly, though, I have no idea what I'm actually looking for in terms of sound or what would go into the whole process; I'm more looking for a starting place so that I can stumble onto a sound I like through experimentation. That's what makes the whole thing fun, at least.

I can't tell if Chris hates rep too

Your nickname isn't Rep. It's Tile. Ya'know, because you're boring, repetitive, and always present when I try to shower.

But Chris does hate you. He told me that once in secret right before he started talking about some weird bestiality stuff and a sex position that requires animal costumes. He's a weird dude.

Your nickname isn't Rep. It's Tile. Ya'know, because you're boring, repetitive, and always present when I try to shower.

But Chris does hate you. He told me that once in secret right before he started talking about some weird bestiality stuff and a sex position that requires animal costumes. He's a weird dude.

Thanks to that image, my eyes now have cancer.

Wearing lime green is so gauche. I'm more of a hot pink man, myself.

So I apparently unlocked an achievement for writing a bunch of posts late at night. Feels kind of like an intervention, almost like the forum's telling me to get on a better sleep schedule.

Would normally ignore it, but the icon is a little Batman dude. Do you guys have a Batman dude on your achievement? No? Oh, that's too bad! Me and Batman gotta split, yo, but he told me that you should all feel bad about yourselves.

Top Bottom