The Forlorn Hope: Cyberpunk Off-Topic

+
I can understand the weight thing because HL has a nice sense of recoil, but I'm calling BS on the "crosshair taking up half the screen" thing. Once you level up your relevant weapon skill, it starts off being a tiny little cross smaller than the default aiming reticule in Dishonored. Also calling BS on the "selecting that guy as a target" thing, because the game has headshots and all that jazz just the same as HL does, and enemies in Deus Ex as least respond to being shot occasionally while a headcrab will keep on trucking. That's got to mess with the "feel" every bit as DE1's lessened recoil.

And "right" is still every bit as subjective as it'd be if I claimed that DE1 has the best combat in any game ever. Not that I'm saying that. Just making a point. I would definitely argue that it's as good as Half Life's combat, though, because both games are charmingly awkward and turn into ammo-preserving crowbar-fests.

I can understand the weight thing because HL has a nice sense of recoil, but I'm calling BS on the "crosshair taking up half the screen" thing. Once you level up your relevant weapon skill, it starts off being a tiny little cross smaller than the default aiming reticule in Dishonored. Also calling BS on the "selecting that guy as a target" thing, because the game has headshots and all that jazz just the same as HL does, and enemies in Deus Ex as least respond to being shot occasionally while a headcrab will keep on trucking. That's got to mess with the "feel" every bit as DE1's lessened recoil.

And "right" is still every bit as subjective as it'd be if I claimed that DE1 has the best combat in any game ever. Not that I'm saying that. Just making a point. I would definitely argue that it's as good as Half Life's combat, though, because both games are charmingly awkward and turn into ammo-preserving crowbar-fests.

Yeah, no. It's just so... floaty. Doesn't feel tight. Gotta be TIGHT!

Oh. Exploration. Oh. Yes.
Just for you, Shariahard (this is going to be terrible beyond words):

Jensen slowly crept into the room with mischievous intentions, eager for this new experience to set his augmented loins ablaze. Inside, JC Denton sat on the bed with his pants half undone. He looked up at Jensen. "Do you like the package?"
Jensen hesitated at the question, unsure how this anachronistic gay experience had even come about. "I'd like it better if it were unwrapped."
Smiling, JC pulled out a crowbar and beat his package until it shattered, revealing ammo and a health pack. "We're probably going to need this."
In response to JC's now-prominent and uncovered Dragon's Tooth Sword, a loud "shwing" resonated throughout the room. Jensen's body had betrayed him, shooting one of his arm blades out by accident. He fumbled for words. "I never asked for this."
"Never mind that," JC assured him. "Looks like I'm going to be top. I can't speak for command, but I'm gonna clean the place out."
Jensen laid down on the bed and rolled over. "How about some roleplay? You be the doctor, and I'll be the guy getting his prostate checked." It quickly dawned on him that he had no idea how to be sexy. Perhaps that was why he had so much trouble holding down relationships. As he pondered the possibility of that being the reason why he ended up losing his girlfriend to a guy who looks like he belongs on a rack in a meat market, JC proceeded to repeatedly inject him with his personal Gray Death vaccine.
Butt-deep in his gay experience, Jensen quickly embraced it. "Where do you want to finish, JC?"
"It doesn't matter; I haven't put any points into the relevant skill, so I can't aim it anyw—A BOMB!"
JC's riot baton suddenly unleashed a staggering amount of electricity into Jensen's body.
"Over already?"
Paul Denton's voice rang out from a darkened corner of the room where neither man had seen him sitting. "You'd better get your head screwed straight."
"I don't think I can take much more," remarked Jensen, struggling for breath.
From behind him, a sigh. "Some gang-banger. Maybe you should think about going back to school."

I AM THE GREATEST WRITER ON THE PLANET.

Last edited:
Remarkable.

And, horrible cyber-addict that I am, I read every damn word.

With visuals.

Favourite line? "Smiling, JC pulled out a crowbar and beat his package until it shattered, revealing ammo and a health pack. "We're probably going to need this.""

You could have stopped right there and it would have been perfect.

Why, I was clearly referring to loose, baggy clothing as is appropriate for the kindhearted and modest. What are you talking about?

also that is some crazy Yaoi stuff right there, never knew you had a talent in that department :p lol
Never heard of "yaoi," but the context makes it clear that it's something that I should avoid Googling. Google can get you in trouble when it comes to stuff like that, you know? There was a picture that I was looking for in the Witcher forum's off-topic thread (which is like a bazillion pages long and impossible to search through), so I had the bright idea to do a Google Image search for "The Hairy Bear," which is the thread's name.

In retrospect, that was a bad call.

Not even reading that.
But I went through the trouble of including real in-game lines! Why are you so impossible to please, naptime?

Last edited:
Never heard of "yaoi," but the context makes it clear that it's something that I should avoid Googling. Google can get you in trouble when it comes to stuff like that, you know? There was a picture that I was looking for in the Witcher forum's off-topic thread (which is like a bazillion pages long and impossible to search through), so I had the bright idea to do a Google Image search for "The Hairy Bear," which is the thread's name.

Yeahright.
That sounds more traumatic than convincing

Saw Edge of Tomorrow last night,went with no expectations and was blown away!Apart from the somewhat weaker last act the movie was all kinds of awesome...basically Groundhog Day meets Starship Troopers.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to it. A read a piece talking about how Tom Cruise had made two of these solid sci-fi movies in a row now.

"Is it possible we owe Tom Cruise a collective apology? In consecutive summers, he has starred in original, intelligent, sci-fi action films – even as the marketplace (ie: us) rewarded familiarity by giving billion-dollar cheques to the same-old sequels and reboots."

Not like he needs the money or the fame - I guess he just wants to do them.

Pretty cool. Def. my favourite Scientologist.

Psh, he did way more than just play Chef, including but not limited to a smallish role in the beginning of Robin Hood: Men in Tights.

Also, it's called Tropic Thunder. You really do suck with names, Santaklown.

Top Bottom