The Forlorn Hope: Cyberpunk Off-Topic

+
Anyone that played DA:O tell me you DIDN'T find that very first ogre battle atop the tower at Ostigar fun/exciting/challenging your first play thru of the game?
I didn't find most enemies challenging (hard) due to being familiar with concept of DA:O's combat system (coming from BG, I think?), so only the biggest enemies were trouble for me (like dragons) and I didn't feel like I need to make combat any harder by artificially upping my enemies "for a challenge". I had a few interesting fights though. I found magic fun overall. I liked how I could froze enemies, for example.

So I downloaded Sacred Citadel thinking I'd enjoy a mindless beat 'em up game. First, the resolution refuses to go higher than 1600x900 by default. You can force it in an .ini file, but you're then unable to go into your settings without having it revert, forcing you to close the game and open it again to use the resolution you want.

I played through a couple levels, thought it was kind of bland and generic, but figured it might get better later. Open it up later, and my save isn't there. Disappeared into the wind, apparently. Annoyed by this point, I chalk it up to a glitch and replay the first couple levels with a different character. Close the game and open it up to see if it saved this time—no dice. I checked the forums and noticed that some people are able to save and others aren't. That made me wonder if it had something to do with internet since I always play in offline mode. Plugged in my internet with Steam in offline mode, still didn't save. Tried bringing Steam online and then removing my internet adapter and that didn't work, either. Finally, I started the game with Steam online and internet enabled and everything worked, saving like it should normally. Remove the internet and try to launch the game again, though? Saves disappear until it launches with internet and Steam on.

The media blames violence on video games, but I think they should be blaming video game developers. Especially the ones who design games like this. I'm ready to cut a bitch.

Yeah, a cursory glance at reviews indicates a 60% game. Which, using the coveted Video Game Ranking Scale of 75% or better indicates good and 74% or less indicates Shite....means it's probably shite.

I find myself losing interest in Divinity Original Sin. It's so good, but I just don't feel like fantasy.

Except I want to replay Witcher 2 and maybe Skyrim a bit...so...what?

Also, Fallout New Vegas finally looks good. It took three days of modding, though.

I find myself losing interest in Divinity Original Sin. It's so good, but I just don't feel like fantasy.

Yeah I've been struggling with D:OS myself, now that Wasteland 2 is out I'll toss it on the back shelf to get back to eventually, maybe.

Wasteland 2 was recently delayed until "the first or second week in September" because they didn't have their physical discs in order.

And New Vegas always looks good to me. Then again, the majesty of that game is a giant middle finger to the way Bethesda makes games, so that may just be the love goggles talking.

Los Angeles. It's not in yet.

New Vegas looks better than it does at install by far, just because the updated...everything.

The gameplay is..well. Part of it is why I'm talking about gameplay in the other thread. It still feels like I move through a world of talking mannequins with one of three responses - sneak/shoot/charm. And sneak is double tough unless you're trying for sniper, in which case it's easy.

Wasteland 2 was recently delayed until "the first or second week in September" because they didn't have their physical discs in order.

Ummm, missed the delay announcement.

Los Angeles. It's not in yet.

The gameplay is..well. Part of it is why I'm talking about gameplay in the other thread. It still feels like I move through a world of talking mannequins with one of three responses - sneak/shoot/charm. And sneak is double tough unless you're trying for sniper, in which case it's easy.

Sneak is VERY tough since they removed sneak mechanics from the game a while back *chuckles*.

Last edited:

Last edited:
Top Bottom