The Forlorn Hope: Cyberpunk Off-Topic

+

I mean who needs to sleep anyway.

When the old forums before these went up in 2011, one of the very first things I did was PM Cory to ask if a "let's play through the game drunk" thread was permissible. Don't remember her response, but no one else seemed to post drunk so I abandoned the idea.

You jerks are late.

When the old forums before these went up in 2011, one of the very first things I did was PM Cory to ask if a "let's play through the game drunk" thread was permissible. Don't remember her response, but no one else seemed to post drunk so I abandoned the idea.

You jerks are late.

Well in fairness I wasn't legally allowed to get drunk in 2011.

Does that make you all feel old?

---------- Updated at 01:38 PM ----------

So have you finished reading them yet?

Nobody has been kind enough to buy me a drink yet. I'm still waiting.

"The Forlorn Hope is a bar located between Night City's downtown area and the Combat Zone."

Just off Drake and 22nd, actually.

The name comes from the vets and civilians that had to haul ass back on foot from the Central American Wars, all the way back to the US. Not a high point, but memorable for the survivors.

I really do own socks older then some of those that haunt these forums ...

Think the oldest socks I still use are in the range of just 10-12 or so years old.

Oldest clothing/fabric type of thing that I still own and use came from my time in the military though. They are my two pairs of black "M90 Stridshanske" ("M90 Combatglove"... not sure if it's fake or real leather, they do feel "properly made" though, so probably good quality in general atleast... used for protection against wind, rain, snow, and some minor scrapes and bruises... not cold though, for that you had knitted gloves, which the M90 glove would fit over... dont think I have the knitted gloves we got in the military though)... and two long, but only about 8 or 10 inches wide, green towls that we used in the field (where only that wide for ease of packing). The second pair of gloves, and the two towls, where all "borrowed on a permanent basis". XD

So agewise those things are 17-18 years old by now (depending on when I got them during my military training).

Mine is a box still mostly full of "Inspection" stuff (i.e properly marked, folded, and even ironed) I put together in 1975.
Someday I may actually use the stuff ... or get around to throwing it out.

They are more like 7 year olds now... soon we will be greeted with baby talk on the internet as every child will have a tablet in their cot instead of a swinging star system or ponies or what have you.

Top Bottom