The Forlorn Hope: Cyberpunk Off-Topic

+
Suhiira;n7997830 said:
If you're playing a skilled Netrunner with a good deck and programs you can be a superhero ... in the net!

I will probably catch some flak for this, but I actually really liked how Shadowrun Returns (Particularly Hong Kong) handled Decking. Stealth Element till you get noticed, then only the thing that noticed you till it establishes a full trace.

Then the entire goddamn system comes after you with demonic spiders.

Meccanical;n7973830 said:
Yeah, I hope CP2077 doesn't make you feel like a superhero,(at least without some significant investment and effort), but at least I know the new guys know how to make a game that "feels good".

Being a some superhero can be rather boring. With some effort progression should come gradually but hopefully not too grindy for the investment, but I don't wanna be Alloy going out and stripping the forest of all it's resources to buy a Shadow Trip-caster immediately either.
Pacing for something like CP2077 will probably affect how invested I get, just as much as story and interactivity.

Koralian;n8082090 said:
Being a some superhero can be rather boring. With some effort progression should come gradually but hopefully not too grindy for the investment, but I don't wanna be Alloy going out and stripping the forest of all it's resources to buy a Shadow Trip-caster immediately either. Pacing for something like CP2077 will probably affect how invested I get, just as much as story and interactivity.
This is half the problem I have with modern Pre-Order bonuses. Either they are just some cosmetic BS. Or they have a massive impact on gameplay and make it unfun

Corewolf;n8130490 said:
Sweet, a new Deck13 game I wasn't aware of. They make great stuff.

Hopefully no Denuvo this time around. It sucked passing on Lords of the Fallen, even if the publishers seem to have stuck their fingers in that one and messed it up with some kind of joint development. Wonder if this is Deck13's attempt to make what they weren't able to that time? It definitely looks Souls-y, but like a sunny, robot-y kind of Souls, and Robo-Sunny Souls sounds awesome.

Corewolf;n8134440 said:
What else have they done?
Lots and lots of stuff over the years. I own most of it, but sadly have only found the time to play through three of their previous games: Ankh 1, Venetica, and Blood Knights. Ankh is an adventure game from 2005 that's really great and got an "anniversary edition" with widescreen support in 2015. Venetica is a 2009 RPG-lite that's charming and magical in ways impossible to describe or fully understand. Blood Knights is a 2013 hack and slash that by all accounts should be bad, but that has likable main characters and that token Deck13 charm making up for all of its faults (but it takes quite a bit longer than most Deck13 games to really shine, so probably best to get this one on sale).

Basically, flawed games that have a certain je ne sais quoi making them memorable, unique experiences unlike anything else out there. Pretty divisive, too, but if you end up loving them, you end up loving them hard. Obviously.

After Playing Mass Effect Andromeda... CD PROJEKT RED is our only hope...

I've been playing Mass Effect Andromeda and damn what a disappointment. Now the gameplay mechanics are top notch and the worlds are big. However the story, dialogue are somewhat lackluster and we all know how ugly/uncanny valley the characters are partially due to the animations. At the time when Dragon Age Inquisition came out I thought it was great however Witcher 3 totally destroyed that game in every area in my mind, now I feel like cyberpunk 2077 will do the same for the sci fi rpg taking the crown from Mass Effect. Also I should note that Mass Effect Andromeda suffers from boring side quests unfortunately and empty maps.

Attachments

• photo83340.jpg
    photo83340.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 24
I like it, personally. Lacks polish and focus, but has more interesting narrative themes going for it( though buried under a mountain of "clutter"). Ryder, ( even with going "goofy" sometimes), has far more character than Shepard ever showed.
It's the best BW game for me, in a long, long while...think this time around critics( and players) were far too harsh on it.

Zagor-Te-Nay;n8180020 said:
I like it, personally. Lacks polish and focus, but has more interesting narrative themes going for it( though buried under a mountain of "clutter"). Ryder, ( even with going "goofy" sometimes), has far more character than Shepard ever showed.
It's the best BW game for me, in a long, long while...think this time around critics( and players) were far too harsh on it.

Thats your opinion but I feel its is no where near the best BW game in a long long while. Dragon Age Origins for me remains their best game with Mass Effect 2 as a close second. Now Dragon Age Inquisition was lacking in some areas such as the side quests being boring but it is far better than Andromeda. Look at the character creator in DAI & MEA its like MEA was a step backwards.

Given the reception, this game is something CDPR might want to avoid as a source of inspiration.

I'm not going to buy and play it to make sure, but from the way it looks and sounds, the criticism is not too far off. It doesn't look like a very good game.

kofeiiniturpa;n8181360 said:
Given the reception, this game is something CDPR might want to avoid as a source of inspiration.

I'm not going to buy and play it to make sure, but from the way it looks and sounds, the criticism is not too far off. It doesn't look like a very good game.

Its a rental at best or wait till its preowned or heavily discounted. Its a 6 or 7 out of 10 at best.

While I haven't played ME I have been checking out the reviews (I was thinking of trying it).
Seems Bioware took DA:I and FO4 one step further in the direction they've been heading recently.
Improved combat, worse RPG, filler content (collect X number of Ys and that sort of thing) to pad out the game length.

Suhiira;n8196310 said:
While I haven't played ME I have been checking out the reviews (I was thinking of trying it).
Seems Bioware took DA:I and FO4 one step further in the direction they've been heading recently.
Improved combat, worse RPG, filler content (collect X number of Ys and that sort of thing) to pad out the game length.

ME: Andromeda is pretty good from what I played from the 10 hour trial. As you said, combat is improved (which is great), the graphics are great, and everything else is in between. It's not the best game in the world by any means, but I do recommend trying the EA Access trial (if you are on Xbox One) or Origin (on PC) before you buy. I hope CDPR doesn't make filler content like ME: Andromeda though, since it'll get boring overtime.

A Bioware game?

Didn't play, wouldn't play.

All Bioware are capable of these days is a fuck simulator for sados, they sold out their reputation to the lowest common denominator. They may as well just start making Sims games because it's clear that they now only accommodate people who want to play dress-up or play mummies and daddies.

On the happier note, I just recently rewatched Ghost in the Shell, hadn't seen it in years.

I forgot how good it was.

Tormentfan;n8204790 said:
A Bioware game?

Didn't play, wouldn't play.

All Bioware are capable of these days is a fuck simulator for sados, they sold out their reputation to the lowest common denominator. They may as well just start making Sims games because it's clear that they now only accommodate people who want to play dress-up or play mummies and daddies.

Oh, you mean like me, your Friendly Neighbourhood Moderator, currently playing a Bioware game?

On a related note, don't post this kind of statement again. None of it is appropriate, fair bit of it is insulting. This is your warning, because you're new. Next time, less warning, more trouble.

That applies to anyone else who wants to mouth off against a company, product line or whatever. If you're going to do so, be ( at least moderately) polite about it and do -not- insult people who might actually enjoy the product.

I kind of despise Kanye West, but people are free to enjoy his (utterly terrible) music and (horribly bad) life stylings. I wish they had better taste, by my standards, but I'm not going to call them dummies for it.

Some people don't like Monty Python either. Heathens.

Sardukhar;n8208640 said:
Some people don't like Monty Python either. Heathens.
I actually only know on person in my life who is a heathen like that... my own mother. She has questioned why Monty Python is supposedly funny for as long as I can remember (which is somewhere around the early 80's). XD

I think what it comes down to is that she just does not think British humor is funny, or understand why it is funny. I guess I got lucky that she did not somehow manage to pass that on to me... or maybe I was just able to resist the indoctrination of that Monty Python was somehow "not funny"... which is a rediculous statement to me, that they would be not funny I mean... XD

Top Bottom