The futur of Cyberpunk 2077

+
Hi everyone, this topic is about, how do you see the future of licensing as a whole ?

No future. They'll release some DLC, sure. But if the game remains in its terrible state after failed attempts to resolve bugs and missing features and the player count is low, they might just abandon the game as a whole and work on their next project.

You can't do much with a dead game. Let's hope it doesn't come to that.

a prequel: cyberpunk 2076 with 16 times the detail? :D JK

just like the witcher, there is rich lore in the cyberpunk universe, so they can really go any direction they want with it. Pondsmith is onboard with them so i dont really see any issues in that regard.

HOWEVER, that is IF they earn back the trust of the playerbase by doing right by 2077. their main concern MUST be fixing what they lost with 2077 and that's a tough task for any company. But, they are looking more and more like bethesda / bioware / blizzard these days. that's why i opened with cracking a joke about 76 :)

they haven't lost me yet. so i'm very welling to give them the benefit of the doubt. but, they must tread carefully in the next year or 3 since other publishers will likely be fanning the wild fire that is 2077 right now. i mean sony/EA/ubisoft/tencent can hire an army of forum bots and influencers to try to sink the USS CDPR who traditionally has preached gamer friendly practices. the success of CDPR means a huge profits losses for the other corpos, since lootboxes and other gambling practices are likely to be curbed. if CDPR struck gold with 2077, a large chunk of investors would be diverted from [...] EA/activision/etc... like they say, business is war and game is definitely on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Big future ahead. Not because the game or story is good, but only because gamer memory is that of a goldfish. I doubt we'll get anything story wise (DLC or expansion) in 2021 and by 2022 gamer memory is gone and only the ride or die CDPR people are left.

Though I assume whatever game they are doing next will be some Witcher game and then maybe a soft reboot of CP.

I hope V's story is tied up in CP2077 and not a trilogy but i do hope for more games set in the Cyberpunk world like maybe how the Dragon Age team do it with same world but different PC each game

Top Bottom