The Future is Now: A Thread on The RL Advancement of Cyber and Tech

+
He was saying that nothing you write on the forums could make you look like an idiot.

...or WAS he?? Dun dun DUNNN! =p

He was saying that nothing you write on the forums could make you look like an idiot.

...or WAS he?? Dun dun DUNNN! =p

Not to make something you say on the forums make you look like an idiot, but why are you calling Dragonbird a "he"?

:p

gregski calling redge an idiot, or redge calling me "he"?

The former would, under other circumstances, come under the "likely to offend", but in context it's OK. (See point 2)
The latter is covered by Hanlon's Razor, and not offensive (to me).

It's "Never Deal With A Dragon". Maybe a conflation? Plus, you can argue with her - she's not a dragon. Just some kind of dragon-bird hybrid. Probably tastes like roasted chicken.

I had to look up Hanlon's Razor. The British version is amusing: "Many journalists have fallen for the conspiracy theory of government. I do assure you that they would produce more accurate work if they adhered to the cock-up theory.
—Sir Bernard Ingham"

...how comical! I'm pretty sure I've formerly corrected someone on the pronoun game (it might've even been you, Sard!), regarding Dragonbird.

Irony. The opposite of wrinkly.

gregski calling redge an idiot, or redge calling me "he"?

The former would, under other circumstances, come under the "likely to offend", but in context it's OK. (See point 2)
The latter is covered by Hanlon's Razor, and not offensive (to me).

Lack of data does not equal lack of intelligence. Ignorance isn't the same as stupidity.

You applying Hanlon's Razor to someone not knowing your gender when there's absolutely no way of them having that information since nobody has offered it, is somewhat ironic in that you're saying that the aforementioned someone isn't calling you a he when you're a she out of spite, but out of stupidity, which taking into account what I've just said isn't the case at all due to the lack of said information, and thus it's to what you said that Hanlon's razor can be applied.

Not that I'm calling you stupid, but I'm sure you're not calling redge stupid out of malice either, at which point we can turn to another razor; Occam's.

Anyways, just a thought.

Ah, but the data has been presented, and blank_redge should, by his own admission, have known that I'm female.

(And I'm trying desperately to bring in a Hume's Guillotine argument to defeat that razor, but it was getting far too contrived, so I'm giving up.)

Attachments

• 187017.jpg
    187017.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 32
Nope. Hovering in mid-air, as always.

Since you're replying to a reference to altitude, and stating that you're hovering, if we could figure out the variables "mid", and which planet we're talking about, we could determine whether you are in fact high or not. However, if we take the average height of the Earth's atmosphere, around 76 miles (around 122 km), and if we assume "mid" to be around 50% of that, you'd be hovering at an altitude of about 38 miles or so (61 km). Then again, we'd have to define "air" as well, since whatever exists at the top of the atmosphere can hardly be called that.

Although, perhaps dragons can indeed fly at the edge of space. We do know Bahamut ZERO can fly to orbit, but then again, he's a bit special.

Top Bottom