The Future is Now: A Thread on The RL Advancement of Cyber and Tech

+
"Hijacking a real plane during a flight was “too dangerous and unethical.”" Well. Glad they made that call.

Yesterday I saw pictures of a man in mid-surgery for a femur replacement. Looked like the Terminator. Yeah.

Ah, corporations.

http://news.yahoo.com/verizons-creepy-idea-spy-tv-viewers-144322175.html

"A couple snuggling in front of the TV could end up getting bombarded by commercials for romantic vacations, flowers or even condoms and birth control pills. That creepy invasion-of-privacy scenario comes from a Verizon patent idea that envisions spying on TV viewers for the sake of serving up related ads."

Do you know what I hated most about the idea of Corp Wars? Not that megacorps would murder each other or anyone else. That they'd be so -bad- at it all.

Ah, corporations.

http://news.yahoo.com/verizons-creepy-idea-spy-tv-viewers-144322175.html

"A couple snuggling in front of the TV could end up getting bombarded by commercials for romantic vacations, flowers or even condoms and birth control pills. That creepy invasion-of-privacy scenario comes from a Verizon patent idea that envisions spying on TV viewers for the sake of serving up related ads."

Do you know what I hated most about the idea of Corp Wars? Not that megacorps would murder each other or anyone else. That they'd be so -bad- at it all.

As infuriating and creepy as that is, it's also 100% pure cyberpunk. The future is now.

We-ell..given the pace of technology, you never know.

However, it'll probbaly be one of those Philip K Dick type situations where they give you another 20 years in return for all your money or 10 million dollars, which ever is greater.

We-ell..given the pace of technology, you never know.

However, it'll probbaly be one of those Philip K Dick type situations where they give you another 20 years in return for all your money or 10 million dollars, which ever is greater.

Or we finally solve the riddle of cryogenic freeze by splicing frog and human DNA. I go into hibernation and wake up 70 yrs later. Who would do that? Who would leave their family and friends behind to see the future? Oh the dilemmas.

Or we finally solve the riddle of cryogenic freeze by splicing frog and human DNA. I go into hibernation and wake up 70 yrs later. Who would do that? Who would leave their family and friends behind to see the future? Oh the dilemmas.

I would. But not if I had to give them all my money.

More likely they would take 90% or more of your money and invest the rest for you.

As for saying you wouldn't, wait until you are middle-aged or so and see how you feel as your body starts to decay around you. That is, if you worried about it in the first place.

Top Bottom