The Future is Now: A Thread on The RL Advancement of Cyber and Tech

+
Racism! Or, er...cyberism? SOMETHING THAT MEANS YOU HATE COMPUTERS.

The Computer Is Your Friend, Cal!

Of course the computer is my friens... I love computers... heck, most of my life consists of being on a computer. And a friendly sentient AI would be a welcome addition to my neighborhood... :smiling:

But... computers and friendly AI's is one thing... sentient, murderous, Borg like, population reaping, deathrobots is something entirely different.

Computers and friendly AI:

:thumbsup: :respect:

Sentient, murderous, Borg like, population reaping, deathrobots:

:robo: :blink: :pc: :dead:

:shock: :crybaby: :help:

:rambo: :2guns: :robo: :dead:

:animier: :thumbsup: :cheers2:

Yeah I saw a blurb on those.
I just wonder how much they cost. As I recall a 5.56mm NATO round was like .39 cents each, I bet those are in the order of $3,900+ each.
Yeah; I wonder how much we, the taxpayers, will wind up paying for these, if this goes into mass production.

I'd think (or at least, I'd hope) that these would only be deployed to the high-speed units. Given that these'll be more expensive than regular FMJ, these wouldn't be the rounds I'd want being used for "accuracy by volume."

Yeah; I wonder how much we, the taxpayers, will wind up paying for these, if this goes into mass production.

I'd think (or at least, I'd hope) that these would only be deployed to the high-speed units. Given that these'll be more expensive than regular FMJ, these wouldn't be the rounds I'd want being used for "accuracy by volume."

I suspect those will only be used for very special very situational targets. When you have a clear line-of-sight (which you'd absolutely need to lock on to the target) via Mk. I eyeball or some sort of UAV, and don't want to blow up the entire area with a missile or smart bomb. So I wouldn't expect to see them as general issue ammo.

Came across some new information relevant to this discussion:

I like to think your government would, in fact, not give a nuclear device to special forces because they said they needed one. I -like- to think that policy decisions at that scale would have little if anything to do with what a bunch of highly-trained grunts think they want. I like to think it would take the President himself to make that call and special forces operators would be as significant in the decision process as the rest of the delivery mechanism - barely at all. I like to think that. Perhaps I'm wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5erl485ZEQ
Check the video at 36:05.

Valve is releasing the virtual reality device Vive with the cell phone company HTC as a direct competitor to OCulus rift.

I hate facebook so serves Oculus right for partnering with a data thief.

Top Bottom