The future of Cyberpunk 2077?

+
I wanted to make a doom post about disappointment with release date and potential future, but whatever, it's counter-productive and extremely lame, all things considered. Regardless of the outcome, it was a pretty damn great game and a good journey. Hope fellas from CDPR will continue to do what they do best, both within industry as well as outside of it, and come what may. Good luck in this trying times.

Last edited:
Here I am enjoying this game so much on Series X. Nothing but pure exploration & not rushing the main plot.
Truly takes me away.

Aside from being a Nomad.
I always go Female V ( Corpo ) because V knows the shady dealings, and corruption certain corporates play. So she’s savy, when it’s done to start on the streets those gangs are jokes to my Corpo at heart V. She’s a terrifying, horrifying, Beautiful NetRunner! She knows the correct decisions to make. I’ll choose Star ending with Judy along & Panam. The plot gets twisted like “Arasaka” got screwed by the same girl you fired.

I guess I could have said I’m enjoying the game instead of giving my play by play. (Sorry)lol.

the next expansion could release Judy to have a relationship with a male character and have more affective relationships with her and other women as well as new characters who are eligible for romance.

Hm... I'm a bit... skeptical. Nothing against relationships if they fit well into the story or are staged well and understandably.

But with so many wishes I have the feeling that it is only about the pure "gameplay" element, which often seems to be a pure projection of erotic curiosity, especially when it comes to relationships.

Will probably also be the reason why corresponding mods are so popular with this target group. :)

Nothing has changed in terms of support of the game. All they said that future updates/expansions will still use the Red Engine. While any potential Cyberpunk sequel, will use Unreal 5.

If they have said this, that would be good. I hope a Cyberpunk sequel.

With CP2077, seems like they made every single mistake possible. Everything was opposite of what it shouldve been, at least in my opinion.
So I've been afraid of them abandoning the project completely, which the IP doesn't deserve.

Even if they decide to move to Unreal, it doesn't mean that the Red engine is dead as a result, it is still what drives CP and for the most part the engine is not what causes the issues with CP as I see it, to the point where it is useless. Far from it, we are not talking Bethesda quality engine here :)

It hopefully means Red engine is dead, considering what an absolute nightmare it has been for years. That thing should be buried deep under the crust of the earth.

It would be not wise to keep teams working on two different engines. Even with transition time and delays on a first period it will be big bonus to work only on UE. So yeah, I`m 100% sure that sequel will be done on unreal engine.

But when its gonna happen and how many DLCs we get is unknown. I`m sure CDPR has some plans but they might be changed a little depending of how initial expansion will be received.

I think CP2077 is hugely profitable for them, I think when the expansion is released it will sell well. I think when they consider the games future they will look at those sales figures and go from there but personally I think there is great potantial for huge sales on expansions given how many copies have been sold.

i doubt you can bet on the copies sold for the success of the dlc... they lost a massiv amount of trust...

they need to deliver smt worthful and i guess a big part of the comm will wait for reviews with eyes on details before ordering smt CP related blindly again. : /

As for Witcher im curious how it’s gonna turn out - new engine, new team personally i hope they can justify the IP - cause the „Rebell Wolves“ will have their eyes on it for sure...

Never the less it would be nice if either CPs future or the new Witcher will be as promissing as the potential looks like - after everything what happened CDPR needs and deserves a success.

Unfortunately I can only be skeptical about the future about CP2077 (I wish I wasn't), I'd buy an expansion right now if it was out, but 2023 is so long away. Would love to know when/if we'll see any minor free dlc. Character creator sorely needs more customization options on console (the sort of easy things PC modders have had access to since week 1...)

they need to deliver smt worthful and i guess a big part of the comm will wait for reviews with eyes on details before ordering smt CP related blindly again. : /

This seems to be the case for almost everyone I know irl who purchased the game, sadly. Regardless of platform they felt it did not meet expectations (whatever those were; though even on the latest patch occasional bugs still hinder - but again, seems to be the impression they got prior to release that it would be a grand Deus Ex/GTA5 hybrid...), it seems that fundamental changes would be the only thing to bring them back.

Whether or not DLC will be wanted and bought by people is a question with a pretty clear answer, which is "yes". Yes, absolutely. The game still consistently gets at least 12k people on steam on average, which is a pretty good number for a 1,5 year old single player title, especially as controversial as this one. And next gen update pushed player numbers up to almost 60k - the demand for new content is there, a lot of people want more of this game. It is just a matter of supply.

we will see how well the dlc will sell on console platforms tho ^^

Considering that performance has improved substantially on old-gen, that next-gen performance is pretty good and that things will keep improving over the current year until the expansion's release and what @AvarageEnjoyer said...

Chances are people will be just as interested in the expansion on consoles as they are on PC.

Considering that performance has improved substantially on old-gen,

not gonna lie i had more bluescreens/gamecrashes the last two weeks with 1.52 - than before i left for horizon half a year ago... loading assets are still super slow... driving to an openworld gig/ncpd often results in spawning enemies all around me after i stop moving etc etc (ps4). (not gonna talk about floating objectives or bugged items in textures at all)

i know they try hard to improve old gens but i dont think it will ever run smoothly on them - the hardware and red engine just dont fit. i still enjoy 1.52 tho but performance wise they met a limit and they wont be able to solve these day one issues any further. : /

if the game has a future its on new/current gen and mostly pc - old gen will never work like intended.

Top Bottom