The future of Gwent.

+
The future of Gwent.

Obviously, Gwent will develop in the future. What do u, guys, thinking about this? What are the new cards, abilities, or even new decks would you like to see? Personally, I, for one, look forward to the appearance of the deck Tussent, I think this region could hope to own deck. Time to discuss :)

Toussaint would be great :)

Also would be nice to see a vampire deck, but since we already have monsters, I guess it will never happen. Regis could summon ravens to the battlefield and Dettlaf other lesser vampires. Unseeing Elder would be leader, of course ;) Hmm... Maybe all higher vampires could be leaders and manipulate other cards on the table.

Land Of The Thousand Fables deck?

About vampires deck - this idea often voiced on the ENG and RU forums in different variations. Maybe if we collect the best ideas at the expense of the deck, the CDPR will pay attention.

In the Toussaint deck... There is an obvious problem - not enough non-hero cards. So, Toussaint could use a kind of "mercenaries" from neighboring provinces of Nilfgaard. It would be quite suited to the spirit of this rich region, and I would not mind seeing something like "lirian heavy archer" in this deck.

About vampires deck - this idea often voiced on the ENG and RU forums in different variations. Maybe if we collect the best ideas at the expense of the deck, the CDPR will pay attention.

In the Toussaint deck... There is an obvious problem - not enough non-hero cards. So, Toussaint could use a kind of "mercenaries" from neighboring provinces of Nilfgaard. It would be quite suited to the spirit of this rich region, and I would not mind seeing something like "lirian heavy archer" in this deck.

Thanks for the support :)

And what comes about Toussaint having enough non hero cards, that's not a problem ;) Anna Henrietta is loved and there could be peasant cards with strong bound. Ah, imagine that! Several peasants attacking with shovels :D 2 or 3 point strong bound card and several of those. We could also have merchants as normal cards. Palace guards could be stronger normal cards, maybe some with abilities. And wine barrel card with some "dizzy" ability. Tournament card? Ah, everyone want's to fight for Anna :)

Thanks for the support :)

And what comes about Toussaint having enough non hero cards, that's not a problem ;) Anna Henrietta is loved and there could be peasant cards with strong bound. Ah, imagine that! Several peasants attacking with shovels :D 2 or 3 point strong bound card and several of those. We could also have merchants as normal cards. Palace guards could be stronger normal cards, maybe some with abilities. And wine barrel card with some "dizzy" ability. Tournament card? Ah, everyone want's to fight for Anna :)

Hmm, looks like Tussenta deck could become really interesting in terms of gameplay. I like the idea with wine barrels, and indeed with the wine could be related to many buffs for this deck. I think the connection of new people to discuss, we would get a decent deck for Gwent =)

Mahakam would be cool ( i know its now comined with Scoia'tael but why not make it standalone fraction) and (Poviss and Kovir ) -as a one fraction
Toussaint meh - it isn fraction which would make war

Last edited:
Mahakam would be cool ( i know its now comined with Scoia'tael but why not make it standalone fraction) and (Poviss and Kovir ) -as a one fraction
Toussaint meh - it isn fraction which would make war

Perhaps mahakama separation from the scoataels deck to standalone deck is a good idea. I do not know much about this area, so I can not say anything. What to Poviss and Kovir, it is not much more military power than Tussent. However Tussenta some interesting things have been suggested, and if there are such things for Poviss + Kovir, it all can be.

During the tournament in Blood & Wine, you can hear one of the dwarves complaining and one of the things he says is something along the lines of "next they'll probably try to include a Novigrad deck...".

Maybe that was a hint of a possible future deck?

Leader cards could be the 4 different gang leaders (including Djikstra/Reuven), or perhaps it could be Radovid considering he has a sizeable influence in that area and has yet to receive his own card in the base game. As for unit cards you could have the henchmen of the aforementioned gangs, you could have the priests of the Eternal Fire (scorch abilities would probably suit them) and also the Witch Hunters and any other notable NPC's like Vimme Vivaldi who could have his own unique ability and perhaps Corrine Tily the oneiromancer whose special ability let's you see the opponent's cards.

During the tournament in Blood & Wine, you can hear one of the dwarves complaining and one of the things he says is something along the lines of "next they'll probably try to include a Novigrad deck...".

Maybe that was a hint of a possible future deck?

Leader cards could be the 4 different gang leaders (including Djikstra/Reuven), or perhaps it could be Radovid considering he has a sizeable influence in that area and has yet to receive his own card in the base game. As for unit cards you could have the henchmen of the aforementioned gangs, you could have the priests of the Eternal Fire (scorch abilities would probably suit them) and also the Witch Hunters and any other notable NPC's like Vimme Vivaldi who could have his own unique ability and perhaps Corrine Tily the oneiromancer whose special ability let's you see the opponent's cards.

I like. I can say that one of the leaders would be a Hierarch, what do you think?

Nevertheless, we hope that CDPR will cope with all the difficulties and will make us happy with new decks. In the future.

I like the idea of ONLY having 4 or 5 deck types but expanding the number of cards/leaders in each deck type by a large amount. The reason being, one of the big flaws in the original game with each deck having a limited number of cards lead to a deck like Monsters only being able to do muster orientated strategies, or Nilfgaard had to heavily exploit spies. Try to find a good Skellige deck that didn't use Cerys.

The game will be better by limiting the number of deck types but greatly expanding the number of cards/strategies available to each one.

I like the idea of ONLY having 4 or 5 deck types but expanding the number of cards/leaders in each deck type by a large amount. The reason being, one of the big flaws in the original game with each deck having a limited number of cards lead to a deck like Monsters only being able to do muster orientated strategies, or Nilfgaard had to heavily exploit spies. Try to find a good Skellige deck that didn't use Cerys.

The game will be better by limiting the number of deck types but greatly expanding the number of cards/strategies available to each one.

I think you mean factions and not deck types, but I agree!

I prefer having 5 factions where each faction has several different possible decks, to having 7+ factions and every faction has only 1 possible deck /strategy.

I mean the cards needed for 1 new faction could easily help the allready existing 5 factions to get several more strategies! (1 Faction would need at least 40 different cards, and even if only 10 of those cards would be neutral and the other 30 cards distributed between the faction, each faction would get 16 new cards, this could help (or maybe even create) 1-3 strategies per faction!

This is only one view. СDPR may themselves do not yet know exactly how they should develop Gwent, because the game has not yet emerged. Personally, I'm not sure that I wanted to watch the battle of the same decks. But I am sure that they will listen to the views of the players.

Guys, there is really no point talking about new cards before the game's release. Once the game is out and we actually get to play it, THEN we can speculate and discuss potential future cards.

Devs should now focus on delivering highest quality possible product to the public.

Guys, there is really no point talking about new cards before the game's release. Once the game is out and we actually get to play it, THEN we can speculate and discuss potential future cards.

Devs should now focus on delivering highest quality possible product to the public.

We alrdy know something about decks and cards, and i dont think it is so bad we fantasize a bit.

We alrdy know something about decks and cards, and i dont think it is so bad we fantasize a bit.

In all honesty, we know very little. I suspect only a small portion of cards was shown and again, there is really no point in talking about future expansions for a game that isn't even in closed beta. ;)

In all honesty, we know very little. I suspect only a small portion of cards was shown and again, there is really no point in talking about future expansions for a game that isn't even in closed beta. ;)

Well, thats ur opinion, ofcourse it is very important for CDPR. But CDPR do not mind. So we discussing about future =)

---------- Updated at 11:58 PM ----------

I am confident, focused on the present CDPR let a little but thought about Gwent as a long-term project, which will be necessary in every way to improve and develop. Because they do not want to fail after a good start.

Top Bottom