Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Night time Demo

Votes: 18 42.9%
  • Male V demo

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Downloadable demo of the character creator

Votes: 14 33.3%

• Total voters
I think night time demo. After all the bitching about it being to bright and sunny, cdpr will show us what night will be like. Although personally I would love the downloadable character creator. Maybe a pre order bonus?

I don't think we'll see any new footage at GA 2018. I wish we could but I don't think we will. More likely that we'll get to see new Death Stranding footage than CP2077 at the awards. They also said there's 10+ new game announcements to look forward to this time around. Hopefully there's some good AAA games there in that list.

Tuco

Forum veteran
The thread makes it almost sound like we know for sure CDPR is going to be there.
Did I miss some confirmation about it, by any chance? Or is it just guesswork?

@Tuco No idea

I hope the next trailer will be grim
-Rain
-Fog
-Night
-Neon
-Huge Skyscrapers
-New District
A completely different Atmosphere than E3 Trailer
Unbenannt.jpg

Voted for Character creator demo. I want that the most of the options.

Probably going to get a whole bunch of nothing, though. Maybe some fluff that everyone already knows.

Night time male V demo is the best I expect. But I won't be disappointed if they won't show anything. 1 hour demo was more than enough.

Probably not, but we will see Obsidian's new game (made by none other than Tim Cain and Leon Boyarsky) announced that has pretty deliciously Fallout/Arcanum esque little ads out already.
Well, that's exciting. And worrying. Tim still uses Fallout and Arcanum as an example. Great achievements... that are 20 years old. We all know where all these kickstarter renaissance era games with the same exact excuses went. For example, T:ToN & Underworld: Ascedant - down the drain.

Tuco

Forum veteran
Well, that's exciting. And worrying. Tim still uses Fallout and Arcanum as an example. Great achievements... that are 20 years old. We all know where all these kickstarter renaissance era games with the same exact excuses went. For example, T:ToN & Underworld: Ascedant - down the drain.
Well, they "went down the drain" because they didn't live up to their aspirations, not because they picked the wrong models to aspire to.

Also, it's allegedly going to be a third person action RPG, so definitely NOT that close to Arcanum or the first two Fallout.

Personally, I have mixed feelings about this.

On one hand I’m definitely not universally in love with Obsidian as many seem to be, my appreciation for their past work was always a bit sparse and I have very little confidence in their ability to pull off a third person game with decent enough production value for 2018 standards.

On the other hand these two designers are arguably my most respected devs left in the company, I loved their past work at Troika and I’m intrigued by the “victorian space explorer” vibe I’m getting from these teaser pictures.

I think a lot of these options have never seen the VGAs before, slick pre-rendered bullshit or nothing is your choice.

Tuco

Forum veteran
I think a lot of these options have never seen the VGAs before, slick pre-rendered bullshit or nothing is your choice.
Not entirely true.
But people asking for character creation or a long gameplay demo are definitely misguided.
That's not the sort of format they offer. It's either a CGI cutscene or a short and flashy gameplay trailer. No room for detailed presentations and such.

That, assuming CDPR will actually be there at all.

Well, they "went down the drain" because they didn't live up to their aspirations, not because they picked the wrong models to aspire to.
That's what I said, "wrong model" is not what I said. Tim just aswell pulls that past achievement card.

Well, that's exciting. And worrying. Tim still uses Fallout and Arcanum as an example. Great achievements... that are 20 years old. We all know where all these kickstarter renaissance era games with the same exact excuses went.

It's not that kind of game. It's a big release using (allegedly) Unreal 4 and aims for PC and consoles and published by Pravete Division.

I have no idea what it is going to be like and have no disillusions of it "certainly" being even good, but I'm interested in seeing what the old dogs can bring to the table. Maybe even a bit more interested than with CP here since these guys are more RPG systems type of guys than CDPR, but anyway... We'll see what becomes of it. There is a bit of an offside intrigue there as both this game and CP2077 have been insisted on being "true(tm) RPG's", so we'll see which is "truer" than the other. :p

The ads i mentioned are like this:

Last edited:
Top Bottom