The game cheats at car racing

+
I'm wondering if the devs have played any car racing games... at all. Cause that would explain why they thought it's cool to have your competitors just randomly teleport around instead of chasing the carrot (pretty much how they thought it's cool to have the police teleport when having a warrant, but with cars.)

I was utterly confused when during "The Beast In Me" I was suddenly ending up on the 3rd place mid-race, even if no car was overtaking me. And, after 4 restarts of the race, I finally decide to check also the radar (as I was much more used with driving the CP2077 boat-like car on the track)... Only to see the cars constantly teleporting behind me and then... surprise! in front...

Oh! and while on the topic of cars... why am I hearing the dialogues in both formats - live and over the holo - when in the car with the npc?

No, did not lose it. It was around 2/3rds of the race when the sudden drop in rank was occurring, but it was frustrating. Frustration compounded by the boat-like behavior of most cars in this game (that's something easy to spot in the next leg of the competition, when driving Claire's Beast).

So my gripe's with how the mechanics are implemented, both with the races minigame and the other opponents spawning at times, ey? I mean, at least cops could have Star Trek tech allowing them to just beam up to a site. But cars? :)

Well i played the first race of "the beast in me" before any patches and although the position display was wrong, I still won or seemed to, now after it has been patched, the race is totally broken (on PC). i just drive along miles ahead, dont miss any gates and then after gate 20, Im suddenly 4th.
I also tried deliberately driving last (which is so hard because they are sooo slow), it shows I am in 6th, I then drive past everyone and im still 6th. Not sure how much of this is bugs and how much is intentional

I also tried deliberately driving last (which is so hard because they are sooo slow), it shows I am in 6th, I then drive past everyone and im still 6th. Not sure how much of this is bugs and how much is intentional

It ain't intentional. Just poorly coded behavior. It's quite common (or was) that cars falling too far behind would be teleported closer to you so it keeps the racing spirit up. Granted, that wasn't done in such a way it would alter the leaderboard as it does here. Now I do believe the issue to be related to some pretty sharp turns - areas where it's easy to miscalculate the pathing and have the AI cars end up ahead of you (both because your speed slows down during the turns and because of the teleportation happening slightly on the random side).

Also, if you lose the race... who cares? Night City doesn't. Your NC buddies don't ('cause they're either not your buddies or they got offed at the beginning of the game by rushed devs). CDPR doesn't - they didn't care about their rep, about their shareholders... you think they'd give a rat's shlong about a stupid race? :ROFLMAO:

Same thing happened with me. Been doing the first race, been in the lead for quite some time when two cars appaer in front of me. Talk about rubberbanding lol.

The voiceover bug I constantly have. Speaking with someone over the phone, between one sentence and another the voice changes like they´re next to me, on foot, in vehicle, happens all the time.

I had a few game breaking bugs early on in the game, had to restart after 10+hours, But I have to admit, with all these bugs, I´m still having a blast with the game :shrug:

Edit: Also, I´m pretty sure my street cred level glitched up from 30 something to 50 looool. One moment I look at the inventory, I can´t equip a 30something item. Next time I opened it, was on 50

The voiceover bug I constantly have. Speaking with someone over the phone, between one sentence and another the voice changes like they´re next to me, on foot, in vehicle, happens all the time.

That is completely broken at times, yeah. While it would make sense for the voice of your copilot to be muffled when driving in 3rd person view, inside the car I get a lot of overlaps between normal, in-car convo and on-the-holo. Dunno if this was "a feature" or it's a free dlc result of the 6 patches :))

That is completely broken at times, yeah. While it would make sense for the voice of your copilot to be muffled when driving in 3rd person view, inside the car I get a lot of overlaps between normal, in-car convo and on-the-holo. Dunno if this was "a feature" or it's a free dlc result of the 6 patches :))

yeah i had that voice change with Panam when i was with her in her car. she was speaking normaly to me and suddenly next sentence is radio voice of her, i was like what the hell i am right beside you lol

Top Bottom