The Game crashes all the time! Why?

+
The Game crashes all the time! Why?

Hello!I've recently bought The Witcher, and I've played for about 5 hours. I both enjoy the game and hate it.The game is great, but the game has crashed 10-20 times already. I've downloaded the latest patch and the Windows Vista 32 bit fix.But still it crashes!!! Why? What can I do?

I'm running XP (Intel Quad Q6600, 2GB Corsair RAM, GeForce 8600GT XXX), and I find The Witcher crashes frequently. (Incidentally, it never crashed once when I was playing the demo, so I was rather surprised to see this all of a sudden when I started playing the full game.)That said, it's so pretty when it's not crashing that I don't mind much. (The Druids' Grove might just be the most stunning area I've seen in any game.) But it does have to be said that the crashes often happen at annoyingly critical moments.

i recently bought the game too one of the common themes among the crashes its its mostly win vista 32 bit and mostly while transitioning between cutscenes or acts ot indoor/outdoor scenes by the way im using 2 gb ram nvidia 8600 gts creative x-fi soemthing or other sound card

Hello!I've got a Asus G1ST7700 (2,4)4 GB ram7200 rpm HDWin Vista Ultimate 32-bitGeForce 8600M GT 256MB DDR3 (1023)I don't know what to do when the game crashes after about every 5-15 min.

7800GT is a better card, 7900 is much better, and that's a nice part of your answer...

Mobidoy said:
What is the size of your pagefile ?
Good question. *looks* Turns out it's running between 2GB (min) and 4GB (max). Windows is recommending that I up it to 3GB, so now I've made it run between 3GB and 4GB (it won't go above 4GB). We'll see what happens!

Set your minimum and maximum pagefile to the same value, that way windows doesn't keep resizing it therefore giving you a slight performance boost when writing to the pagefile.Incedently can anyone help me with my own crash problems. Seems to crash every hour or so but so far I have been unable to solve it, I suspect memory leaks in the game but who knows..Running processes:C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exeC:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exeC:\Program Files\Virgin Broadband\PCguard\fws.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exeC:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXEC:\Program Files\Creative\SBAudigy\Surround Mixer\CTSysVol.exeC:\Program Files\Virgin Broadband\advisor\Broadbandadvisor.exeC:\Program Files\Virgin Broadband\PCguard\Rps.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\RUNDLL32.EXEC:\Program Files\Creative\MediaSource\Detector\CTDetect.exeC:\Program Files\RocketDock\RocketDock.exeC:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exeC:\Program Files\FireTrust\MailWasher Pro\MailWasher.exeC:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007\aawservice.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\cisvc.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\CTsvcCDA.EXEC:\Program Files\Executive Software\Diskeeper\DkService.exeC:\Program Files\Common Files\Command Software\dvpapi.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\imapi.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\wmiapsrv.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\cidaemon.exeC:\PROGRA~1\MOZILL~1\FIREFOX.EXEC:\Documents and Settings\******\My Documents\HijackThis\HiJackThis.exe< Operating System(s) > Microsoft Windows XP/2002 Home 5.01.2600 (Service Pack 2)< Processor > Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6400 @ 2.13GHz< Mainboard > eveshamvale 965X7AA< Video System > NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GT/GTO< Video Driver Version> 6.14.11.6921< MultiMedia Device(s) > SB Audigy 5.12.1.512 Total Memory: 2GB< Physical Storage Devices > Hard Disk: WDC WD3200JS-60PDB0 (298GB

The game now works;) Have played for 3 hours without crashes :=)I run the game with maximux grafics without any problems with my 8600M GT.Here are the solution: http://alfred.co.in/how-to/witcher-vista-crash-fix-how-to/Good luck to others with the same problem!

its the game, not us. 90% of the crashing problems are happening with vista due to some memory errors, thats the game

mike- said:
its the game, not us. 90% of the crashing problems are happening with vista due to some memory errors, thats the game
I would put the fault at 50/50, yes the game as memory leaks but Vista has problems with memory management, they have included a lot of fixe in SP1 that should be release soon.

Top Bottom