The game has a very bad game design

+
I sincerely hope that my message reaches the game designers of this game.
There are three HUGE game design PROBLEMS in the game. By the way, sorry for my bad english.
-------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------- --------------------
I. Conflict between the "Implants" system and the "Skill Tree"

Example: a player can install an eye implant + a modifier to see the grenade explosion zone.
Everything is ok, everything is super. Thus, we deepen the gameplay for the Player. It also demonstrates in a narrative way that implants expand possibilities in the gaming world.

BUT, with the same success, the Player can improve the characteristic Technician - Engineering and buy a skill point in the "Grenadier", which gives a SIMILAR EFFECT. WAT ????????????????????????????????
What's the point? Why do different entities give the same result?

Decision:
1. Implants - should only affect the deepening of the gameplay relative to the Player (expansion of the character's capabilities).
Examples: double jump, praying mantis hands, visibility of the grenade explosion zone, visibility of ricochets, etc. Etc.

2. Skill tree - should only affect numbers.
Examples: +% damage, +% armor, +% chance of this or that effect, etc. Classic.

3. Characteristics - should only affect variability in relation to the surrounding world.
Examples: Player has high STRENGTH = opens doors with bare hands. Player has HIGH TECHNOLOGY = can open doors.

------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------- --------------------
II. By the way, what about player feedback?

Why, when a Player with a high FORCE = opens the door, and we see the animation of opening the door with his hands. All OK.

And when is a Player with high TECHNOLOGY = no animation? Was it really difficult to add some sort of panels for all the hacked interactive objects that Techi-Player would choose?

The game has a disgusting zero recall for the player.

To this I will add deceiving expectations about the Reapers. Why is the placement of implants played out as an operation during a visit to Victor, and subsequent visits to Reaperdocks are nothing more than a regular purchase?

-------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------- --------------------
III. The ability to create anytime, anywhere = reduces the importance of the weight parameter.

To place an implant, you need to visit the Reaperdock. All OK.

But why doesn't the player need to turn to some sort of disassembly machine for crafting? Why does the player smash objects all over the place? This is complete nonsense.

Again, was it really difficult to create an object in the form of some kind of machine that you need to go to in order to disassemble / create / improve items?
And scatter these cars around the city + in V's appartment.

I love the game, but it's frankly raw and halfway through production.

Hopefully the next Addone will fix these issues.

1 - It works if your think of the augmentations as a way to use technology to make up for the lack of natural ability.

2 - I think it's an unfinished feature. Like the ripperdocks that don't have animations despited the prologue with Vik heavily hinted that. Like they wanted to have that level of immersion, but couldn't make the animations in time. I hope they will add in the future

1 - It works if your think of the augmentations as a way to use technology to make up for the lack of natural ability.

2 - I think it's an unfinished feature. Like the ripperdocks that don't have animations despited the prologue with Vik heavily hinted that. Like they wanted to have that level of immersion, but couldn't make the animations in time. I hope they will add in the future

Completely disagree about the riperdocs. It would be really annoying to have that animation play every time you went to see one. The current implementation works just fine.

Completely disagree about the riperdocs. It would be really annoying to have that animation play every time you went to see one. The current implementation works just fine.

You can have different animations for different augmentations, and a button to skip ahead.

But having the prologue tutorials have animations for stuff life eating, drinking and ripperdock, and then having those things be resolved through inventory and menu consumables, is jarring. It's like two different conflicting directions. Menu consumables is the antithesis of immersion.

You can have different animations for different augmentations, and a button to skip ahead.

But having the prologue tutorials have animations for stuff life eating, drinking and ripperdock, and then having those things be resolved through inventory and menu consumables, is jarring. It's like two different conflicting directions. Menu consumables is the antithesis of immersion.
its not going to happen, there is not going to be this lvl of immersion, and the game never was designed to have this lvl of immersion people dont want it, then rdr 2 an tlou2 destroy the market but nobody wants it... you know...I'm looking at the gameplays and trailers and I can't find the point where he stops fighting and goes to find a box with a blue t-shirt or a chip to read ... maybe modders if someday this game can be modded make this game more realistic immersive but forgett animations because time and resources i can understand it in games like metro... better put clothes and weapons with stats and colours. i think that after this generation, i hate rpgs.

Last edited:

Since when has a person without implants, but often using grenades, sees an imaginary area of impact with a grenade? You yourself understood what you wrote? Why justify the fact that the developers themselves do not know which gameplay systems should work and how work in the game.
Post automatically merged:

Alo, the game promised a first-person immersion. And where is it? Fake game.
And no animations should torment people like you, because there is a key to rewind dialogues.

Top Bottom