The game is literally broken right now. I've beat the game and I can't play it anymore.

+
You're unable to continue your game after the credits, that is working as intended as per other posts I've read.

No, thats not intended...and if it is...thats THE biggest mistake ever done in gaming history. You dont put all the hours in on a playthrough just to lose it in the blink of an eye. Sorry, i dont buy that. And....what other posts lead you to believe that nonsense. Id like to see them.

Yes. Unfortunately, they don't work as shown in the video. Somehow they got replaced by auto saves.

I dont see how thats possible. A manual save should never be replaced....unless done by you specifically. Unless we are only given a certain amount of space for saving games....that should never happen.
Ive been deleting most of my auto saves anyhow. I keep track of it constantly because of all the issues pertained to it...and it becomes a bit convoluted after a while. I clean it up often. I also do the same with manual saves. Ill leave the latest 3 or 4 saves there and delete the older ones. I have most of my manual saves on a flash drive...so i can reload most of them if ever needed.

Ive already commented on this issue in two other threads. This not being a number one priority is mind boggling. This fix should be added along with the first batch of major game fixes immediately. All the minor stuff should be come last.

I dont see how thats possible. A manual save should never be replaced....unless done by you specifically. Unless we are only given a certain amount of space for saving games....that should never happen.
Ive been deleting most of my auto saves anyhow. I keep track of it constantly because of all the issues pertained to it...and it becomes a bit convoluted after a while. I clean it up often. I also do the same with manual saves. Ill leave the latest 3 or 4 saves there and delete the older ones. I have most of my manual saves on a flash drive...so i can reload most of them if ever needed.

Ive already commented on this issue in two other threads. This not being a number one priority is mind boggling. This fix should be added along with the first batch of major game fixes immediately. All the minor stuff should be come last.

I'm telling you, it deleted all my manual saves and replaced them with auto saves from the last chapter. It's in the video, too. I remember saving before going into the mission. I can't play for 3 weeks now or so. It's disheartening...

I'm telling you, it deleted all my manual saves and replaced them with auto saves from the last chapter. It's in the video, too. I remember saving before going into the mission. I can't play for 3 weeks now or so. It's disheartening...

Have you tried starting a new game and seeing if it persists? Seeing as it's not a popular bug, that might be your best bet. Otherwise I would recommend a fresh install, but you're 1 of the 5 Stadia players.

Have you tried starting a new game and seeing if it persists? Seeing as it's not a popular bug, that might be your best bet. Otherwise I would recommend a fresh install, but you're 1 of the 5 Stadia players.

I'm not motivated to start from scratch, honestly. If anything, this bug is killing all my hype. Also, what's your point with the last part of your reply? You really need to stop replicating people's "joke". I can't afford an expensive console neither an expensive computer. Am I less deserving to have fun because I do have the option to use a different service that offers me a similar experience to a PC? I don't think so. So, in all fairness, stop. This is not fun, dude. It's elitism. Gamers should abandon this tribal mentality and embrace that people should have fun on whatever platform they want. As long as people play the game and enjoy what it has to offer, then, nothing else should matter.

I'm not motivated to start from scratch, honestly. If anything, this bug is killing all my hype. Also, what's your point with the last part of your reply? You really need to stop replicating people's "joke". I can't afford an expensive console neither an expensive computer. Am I less deserving to have fun because I do have the option to use a different service that offers me a similar experience to a PC? I don't think so. So, in all fairness, stop. This is not fun, dude. It's elitism. Gamers should abandon this tribal mentality and embrace that people should have fun on whatever platform they want. As long as people play the game and enjoy what it has to offer, then, nothing else should matter.

To be perfectly honest with you.....i didnt even know what stadia was until i saw many people on this board talk so much about it. Ive been a PC user since the early 90's.

With that being said, and after researching a bit on how that service works....some questions.

Does it have an actual physical storage device or is it just a cloud service.
Which ever device it is....are you able to look and pick through the files. ( storage, ini files, etc)
And lastly...does the cloud have a maximum size?....unlimited?

Another point about saves in this game...at least with PC. There are three saves going on....auto, quick, and manual. The auto is obvious...its auto saving every so often so that you dont have to go back very far to repeat or fix something. The quick is a press of F5. Its like a auto save except you did it at a certain spot. Thens theres a manual save....a save that you actually have to go into the menu and click a space to permanently save a game at a certain spot.

Now ive noticed thru playing almost 160 hours or so...that the auto saves overwrite the quick saves. If you had gotten into a habit of quick saving instead of manual saving, then that explains why your save was overwritten. If thats not the case, and you did do a manual save.....then all i can say is Johnny Silverhand is slowly eating your saves and will take over your game.

UPDATE: Okay, i watched your video. At the end i see nothing on your list but auto saves. Thats where you made a mistake. If in fact you were quick saving instead of manual saving, then your auto saves overwrote your quick saves. Always go to the menu, and do your manual saves there and youll never have this issue again. Now if theres a different issue with stadia, ( questions above) then i have no idea what couldve happened.

Last edited:
To be perfectly honest with you.....i didnt even know what stadia was until i saw many people on this board talk so much about it. Ive been a PC user since the early 90's.

With that being said, and after researching a bit on how that service works....some questions.

Does it have an actual physical storage device or is it just a cloud service.
Which ever device it is....are you able to look and pick through the files. ( storage, ini files, etc)
And lastly...does the cloud have a maximum size?....unlimited?

Another point about saves in this game...at least with PC. There are three saves going on....auto, quick, and manual. The auto is obvious...its auto saving every so often so that you dont have to go back very far to repeat or fix something. The quick is a press of F5. Its like a auto save except you did it at a certain spot. Thens theres a manual save....a save that you actually have to go into the menu and click a space to permanently save a game at a certain spot.

Now ive noticed thru playing almost 160 hours or so...that the auto saves overwrite the quick saves. If you had gotten into a habit of quick saving instead of manual saving, then that explains why your save was overwritten. If thats not the case, and you did do a manual save.....then all i can say is Johnny Silverhand is slowly eating your saves and will take over your game.

UPDATE: Okay, i watched your video. At the end i see nothing on your list but auto saves. Thats where you made a mistake. If in fact you were quick saving instead of manual saving, then your auto saves overwrote your quick saves. Always go to the menu, and do your manual saves there and youll never have this issue again. Now if theres a different issue with stadia, ( questions above) then i have no idea what couldve happened.

Stadia is one year old. It's alright to not know it.

1. It's a cloud service. It all runs on Google servers. So no, no access on user end. It's like having a console on cloud. It's not like Shadow or GeForce where you somehow emulate a computer (I know it still a computer, but the user experience is way too different and way more simple).
  2. It's all unlimited and saves are stored forever unless you decide to erase your whole account/gmail.
  3. I did save from the menu. I can tell you a 100%. I'm always careful to not lose in-game process. I can confirm everything was overwritten. Possibly Johnny is taking over lol

Stadia is one year old. It's alright to not know it.

1. It's a cloud service. It all runs on Google servers. So no, no access on user end. It's like having a console on cloud. It's not like Shadow or GeForce where you somehow emulate a computer (I know it still a computer, but the user experience is way too different and way more simple).
  2. It's all unlimited and saves are stored forever unless you decide to erase your whole account/gmail.
  3. I did save from the menu. I can tell you a 100%. I'm always careful to not lose in-game process. I can confirm everything was overwritten. Possibly Johnny is taking over lol

Thats unfortunate.

To me, i cant help but think of two things here. Either stadia didnt speak correctly to the game, or the game didnt speak correctly with stadia. The other is of course, internet connection....which is basically related to the first thing. Im just throwing out random ideas at this point. I know nothing about stadia so i dont know all the little quirks that can go wrong.

It drives me crazy to just think that you have no backend user control. Its like your game is at the mercy of a blind service to properly keep track of all the progression you want kept safe and sound. In your case, that service has been either been interrupted....or just isnt operating at all.

Other games you have on stadia working correctly as far as hard and soft saves? Im out of ideas really. My experience in stadia is practically null.

Having the same issue. I beat the game tonight, have maxed street cred and a bunch of other things. The cycle continues whenever I pick "Sure, one more gig." There's no checkpoint to return to. Would be nice to have this patched ASAP so I can check out the other endings. Really don't want my 60 hours burned out.

this is the reason why I don't finish the main quest for now, I'm almost at the end of the main quest. And I know the moment I enter that elevator to the point of no return. I can't go back anymore to the game.

90% on main.

That's why I stop for a while on the main quest. Until the time CDPR release the DLC and all bug fix and the expansion this year.

so for now, I'm taking my time little by little on all side quests and gig. sometimes its boring but I had to do it to kill time.

URGENT HELP NEEDED!!

Game ending spoilers ahead!!

In short, I've beaten the game, I get the credits rolling. Then I am asked if I want to continue playing and I say yes. I am taken back to the menu, I click "Continue" and I am sent back to the ending scenes and from there, it is an eternal loop. I tried to load a previous saving state, but all these states are on the last mission of the game, so I can't literally play the game. This is a CRITICAL bug and literally makes the game UNPLAYABLE. Please, how do I get this fixed?
Mine doesn't even let me finish the game, exploding me every time. Fix please.

Thats unfortunate.

To me, i cant help but think of two things here. Either stadia didnt speak correctly to the game, or the game didnt speak correctly with stadia. The other is of course, internet connection....which is basically related to the first thing. Im just throwing out random ideas at this point. I know nothing about stadia so i dont know all the little quirks that can go wrong.

It drives me crazy to just think that you have no backend user control. Its like your game is at the mercy of a blind service to properly keep track of all the progression you want kept safe and sound. In your case, that service has been either been interrupted....or just isnt operating at all.

Other games you have on stadia working correctly as far as hard and soft saves? Im out of ideas really. My experience in stadia is practically null.

In more than a year (I'm a founder) I never experienced any issues with saves, files corrupted, or whatsoever. Cyberpunk is just way too damn glitchy. I got friends playing on Steam who experienced the same. Another on PS4 also had the same issue. It's very likely the game to blame at this point and not Stadia (not being a white knight, promise, it's just that it never happened, so I find it hard to believe it's on Stadia).

Maybe one of you can help me. I came here to see if my game is totally broken, but I cant start my own thread until I hit 10 comments? [Dumb] **possible spoilers**

I just killed Placide underneath the Chapel. I came upstairs, not realizing I need a key which is evidently on his body to get out of the chapel. However, this shutter / gate that I didn't encounter before is now blocking the steps leading down to where his body is, so I can't get the key and therefore, can't get out of the chapel.

I'm either missing something or I am 100% stuck in this mission. My progress saved at this point so I can't re-load around it.

Can anyone confirm whether my whole game is F'd or not?
2021-01-05_18h26_10.png

Maybe one of you can help me. I came here to see if my game is totally broken, but I cant start my own thread until I hit 10 comments? [Dumb] **possible spoilers**

I just killed Placide underneath the Chapel. I came upstairs, not realizing I need a key which is evidently on his body to get out of the chapel. However, this shutter / gate that I didn't encounter before is now blocking the steps leading down to where his body is, so I can't get the key and therefore, can't get out of the chapel.

I'm either missing something or I am 100% stuck in this mission. My progress saved at this point so I can't re-load around it.

Can anyone confirm whether my whole game is F'd or not?
View attachment 11130020

So, heres what ive discovered in this game. No matter how much it appeared for there to be no way around....there was always another way.....always.

Now in this case, being stuck inside the building is something i havent done yet. How far back do the auto saves go....the game auto saves quite often. You may have to do the placide fight again if by chance theres no way around or if there isnt an auto save right after the kill and before you left the room the fight happened in.

So, heres what ive discovered in this game. No matter how much it appeared for there to be no way around....there was always another way.....always.

Now in this case, being stuck inside the building is something i havent done yet. How far back do the auto saves go....the game auto saves quite often. You may have to do the placide fight again if by chance theres no way around or if there isnt an auto save right after the kill and before you left the room the fight happened in.

Bingo. Sad to say but I didnt realize there were multiple autosaves, so fortunately I was able to go back to before the problem....which confirms it WAS a bug. Placide is supposed to be upstairs in the chapel for the fight. The door his body got locked behind in the glitch is there so you cant run back down into the hideout and draw out the battle (I assume). I dont think he's supposed to go downstairs and I do recall the character model was acting glitchy (unintentionally) that first time.

I'm good to go!

Bingo. Sad to say but I didnt realize there were multiple autosaves, so fortunately I was able to go back to before the problem....which confirms it WAS a bug. Placide is supposed to be upstairs in the chapel for the fight. The door his body got locked behind in the glitch is there so you cant run back down into the hideout and draw out the battle (I assume). I dont think he's supposed to go downstairs and I do recall the character model was acting glitchy (unintentionally) that first time.

I'm good to go!

Awesome. Glad it was fixable....this time hah.

Top Bottom