The game is shallow. Here are some suggestions:

+
1. That montage when entering NC needs to be playable. It feels like it was going to be, but you ran outta time.
2. Cops, vendors, gangers - think Red Dead Redemption 2 - everyone needs proper reactions (no gun - no reaction, gun out - cop mentions it it warns you, commit a crime - only use the cops available in the area, don't spawn any. Have the local cop ask for back up, spawn cops further away, ie. it takes a while for back up to arrive).
3. Street Cred should make people react differently to you - even when just walking around (including cops). Is that what's supposed to happen? Bc right now, it isn't clear.
4. Fix the choices in conversations: most options are different variations of the same thing. This is supposed to be an RPG, give us at least the illusion of choice, bc right now, you are not fooling anyone. The same goes for the branching paths: I want my V to be of a different character, look, substance from my next door neighbor's in terms of how I approach the story and CHANGE the world around me.
5. In general: make the branching paths be different from each other, like you did in Witcher 2 and 3.
6. PUT BACK the 3rd person moments, like in the 2018 version of the game. It was so much more cinematic and cool-looking. What could ever possess you to get rid of that? It makes the game WORSE.
7. The jank and glitches and bugs: well, you know what to do there. And that's one of my points too, bc it seems you guys aren't sure which path to take when it comes to the feel of the game.
8. Upper management: this is YOUR failure, not the devs. Suggestion: from this point on, hire or promote someone competent whose decisions CANNOT be overridden by you (Adam K., Adam B., Marcin, Michal, Piotr N., and Piotr K.). You six now have a questionable reputation of your own making. It must be for something. Your devs agree that your management style is severely lacking. Sorry, but it's the truth. You six basically got very lucky with WITCHER 3.
9. You know Divinity Original Sin 2? Use their logic when reworking all those systems. Ask for their help if need be.
10. Stay positive, take your time and we the fans will stick with you IF you deliver the game that was promised.

Thanks so much,

One of your biggest fans and Creative Director of the Pasadena International Film Festival,

Marco Neves

Hate to say it, as much as I wanted to love this game and expected it to be... they wont add those contents back, tons of content got cut and I don't see they have a plan to put back in. A city of Sin and Crimes and Sex, and yet we only have two Joytoy, no BD no customization, nothing, no metros or anything near. I watched the trailers and got the Blade Runner vibe, had been looking forward to this game since the announcement... and here I am typing this...sigh.

Guest 4406876

1. That montage when entering NC needs to be playable. It feels like it was going to be, but you ran outta time.
2. Cops, vendors, gangers - think Red Dead Redemption 2 - everyone needs proper reactions (no gun - no reaction, gun out - cop mentions it it warns you, commit a crime - only use the cops available in the area, don't spawn any. Have the local cop ask for back up, spawn cops further away, ie. it takes a while for back up to arrive).
3. Street Cred should make people react differently to you - even when just walking around (including cops). Is that what's supposed to happen? Bc right now, it isn't clear.
4. Fix the choices in conversations: most options are different variations of the same thing. This is supposed to be an RPG, give us at least the illusion of choice, bc right now, you are not fooling anyone. The same goes for the branching paths: I want my V to be of a different character, look, substance from my next door neighbor's in terms of how I approach the story and CHANGE the world around me.
5. In general: make the branching paths be different from each other, like you did in Witcher 2 and 3.
6. PUT BACK the 3rd person moments, like in the 2018 version of the game. It was so much more cinematic and cool-looking. What could ever possess you to get rid of that? It makes the game WORSE.
7. The jank and glitches and bugs: well, you know what to do there. And that's one of my points too, bc it seems you guys aren't sure which path to take when it comes to the feel of the game.
8. Upper management: this is YOUR failure, not the devs. Suggestion: from this point on, hire or promote someone competent whose decisions CANNOT be overridden by you (Adam K., Adam B., Marcin, Michal, Piotr N., and Piotr K.). You six now have a questionable reputation of your own making. It must be for something. Your devs agree that your management style is severely lacking. Sorry, but it's the truth. You six basically got very lucky with WITCHER 3.
9. You know Divinity Original Sin 2? Use their logic when reworking all those systems. Ask for their help if need be.
10. Stay positive, take your time and we the fans will stick with you IF you deliver the game that was promised.

Thanks so much,

One of your biggest fans and Creative Director of the Pasadena International Film Festival,

Marco Neves
I've been in Pasadena for quite some years, great job right there.

Just wanted to comment on number 6.
Honestly, I'm happy that we can move freely during the cutscenes, it's way more immersive and reminds me of VR gameplay.
Half-Life 2 is still considered one of the most immersive FPS games ever for a reason.
This, at best, can be an option, otherwise, making it a cutscene completely breaks the immersion that the game tries really hard to do.

Guest 4406876

Just wanted to comment on number 6.
Honestly, I'm happy that we can move freely during the cutscenes, it's way more immersive and reminds me of VR gameplay.
Half-Life 2 is still considered one of the most immersive FPS games ever for a reason.
This, at best, can be an option, otherwise, making it a cutscene completely breaks the immersion that the game tries really hard to do.
Still I loved some 3rd person cutscenes...like the one in the elevator where female V's gets out of the elevator and her eyes light up yellow. I feel that the First Person immersion is just an excuse more than an actual complete choice. Being able to move around during scripted (broken sometimes) events is great, but if you hide behind this all the time...then we obviously see the problem, especially after seeing the real game in action and everything it lacks (immersion being one of the first on the list)
at 1.40.
This little 3 second scene has more immersion than the whole retail game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Whilst I agree with most of the points raised... besides this one. This montage compresses 1 year of Vs life. 1 in-game year! I think it does a solid job of establishing why we know some of the people in NC and establishes our reputation as V.

Would it be cool to play some of those segments? Sure. Is it required? No.

Still I loved some 3rd person cutscenes...like the one in the elevator where female V's gets out of the elevator and her eyes light up yellow. I feel that the First Person immersion is just an excuse more than an actual complete choice. Being able to move around during scripted (broken sometimes) events is great, but if you hide behind this all the time...then we obviously see the problem, especially after seeing the real game in action and everything it lacks (immersion being one of the first on the list)

This is a very tricky topic since different people will have different opinions and reactions.
3rd person action-adventures like Uncharted or TLoU feel like I'm playing sequences of a movie and controlling actors in those sequences, which is fine, but I don't feel like I'm part of that world, or... dare I say, doesn't feel like I'm playing at all.

Going full 1st person might look lazy, but look at the amount of animation you have when your character interacts during those cutscenes. The way characters walk around the room looking at you. Having the ability to look away at any time when someone talks to you (just like in VR), feels much more immersive to me than, sit back, and just watch a video.

Also, I know for many, the game has no immersion, but for me, it's nearing VR immersion levels, and I'm really happy they went with a full 1st person view.

made a post similar to this a couple of hours ago about this being a barebones RPG and your post is bang on the money too.

the fact the street cred has no in-game reactions and just means more unlocks is disappointing. its only really during scripted dialogue it has any mention.

Where are the reactions of street gangs seeing you and knowing better than to screw with you? im sure Morgan Blackhand would have gotten that reaction back in his day. but us? na any low level punk will run at you

Hello everyone!
I have the following suggestions for the game:
1) the game has a very boring and little variable crafting system. Besides the fact that you can craft clothes / weapons a little stronger than what you can buy or find, that doesn't make the "Technique" branch very attractive. I think it is necessary, when developing this branch to a value of 20, add a skill - modifications, which would open up the possibility of making various additions to weapons or armor. For example - expanding the weapon clip or the ability to paint clothes or any addition to it. In any case, such a possibility at least justified the need for grinding various kinds of components. Accordingly, it is necessary to introduce a new system with various upgrades for weapons / armor, and it would also be nice to introduce a system for choosing the color of dyeing clothes when creating them. And again, it would be good to do this specifically for the "Technique" branch, since more than opening doors in some places, as well as crafting, this branch gives practically nothing.
2) It would be nice to introduce NPCs or add as a new feature to rippers - a change in appearance. As it was implemented, for example, in Saints Row 3. It would also be good to expand the character customization.
3) As far as I know, it was previously planned to introduce a car customization system, so such a system would also have come in very handy. And now all the cars you buy are essentially useless.
4) It's fucking Cyberpunk! what I wrote is just a small part of what can be done here and all of it will fit perfectly into this wonderful and gloomy world of the future, and also give the opportunity to somehow delay the players .. giving them the freedom to create over their freak character).

I hope this post will not be deleted, and the developers will at least read this and think about it. And so, the game turned out to be good, the plot really captures and does not want to tear the player away from the dynamically changing and ongoing events!

Top Bottom