The game is too easy and every build becomes OP way too fast.

+
Totally agree with this, at first I did think it was just certain builds were OP. Now though, with a few different specs and play-throughts under my belt its clear scaling isn't great and peaks to early.

No matter what build I play by level 15-20 on very hard its now trivial to kill mobs.

scaling all enemies whats the point of leveling then ? The point of leveling is to become stronger and overcome enemies. It's like 1 guy goes to the GYM and MMA training and he makes all planet stronger.
The way other RPG's handle it is you give the player new types of enemies to fight. As it stands this game only increases their health, armor and slightly change their appearance. If you play a different RPG enemies have different attacks & AI and require different approaches. The weak enemies still exist in other RPG's but heck even fallout has deathclaws which are meant to be faced later in the game.

Even simple turn based games managed to give varied enemies. In Final Fantasy you can keep spamming fire magic killing monsters, and then you run into a monster who heals when you use fire magic. So now you have to use something else. It doesn't make fire magic useless because there's still enemies who are weak to it, but by adding varied enemies it prevents the game from getting boring. Has nothing to do with scaling.

when you unlock enough perk, I can kill Adam Smasher with 4 bullet...And best of all, i don't need to do anything, when Adam Smasher attack me, i release a electric shock and erase 1/3 of Adam's HP

why wouldnt they fix it? they plan two big content patches for January and February.... skill overhaul, item cost rebalance are most likely part of those... people are so overdramatic these days... they think this game will stay forewer the way it was released and nothing will change... Witcher 3 had plenty of similar issues with items, people "farmed" cows for cheap money until it got fixed (and quite well).. so just give them time to do their thing.. Yes, game was released in bad shape, but its not like they announced they will do nothing about it....

Did they say they were specifically going to be "content" patches? As far as I know, the upcoming patches are just to get the game running where it should have been at launch, not adding anything new. On the console side of things, the patch that is supposed to make the game current gen for them likely won't even be out before the middle of next year, if not fall at the earliest.

Try the very hard missions and move out off the are you are in

Did you miss the posts that already cover that? You can run from enemy to enemy, out in the open on Very High missions on the Very Hard setting easily, with little risk unless you're just running around in all white, low level stuff.

scaling all enemies whats the point of leveling then ? The point of leveling is to become stronger and overcome enemies. It's like 1 guy goes to the GYM and MMA training and he makes all planet stronger.

So strong that before you are even halfway through the level cap you can literally wipe out an entire encounter with 2-3 button presses and without even having to move? Why not just play on Easy the entire time?

up the difficulty!

Are you asking CDPR to up the difficulty, or suggesting people finding it too easy to do that? Because there's no difficulty above Very Hard, and that's the difficulty being focused on here.

This just goes to show just how useless filler the perk trees really are, and that they are nothing more than window dressing for you to put your "points" into, to give the illusion that your choice matters at all. Aside from an extremely small select group of perks, none of them matter in the slightest compared to your gear.

Last edited:
Did they say they were specifically going to be "content" patches? As far as I know, the upcoming patches are just to get the game running where it should have been at launch, not adding anything new. On the console side of things, the patch that is supposed to make the game current gen for them likely won't even be out before the middle of next year, if not fall at the earliest.

Did you miss the posts that already cover that? You can run from enemy to enemy, out in the open on Very High missions on the Very Hard setting easily, with little risk unless you're just running around in all white, low level stuff.

So strong that before you are even halfway through the level cap you can literally wipe out an entire encounter with 2-3 button presses and without even having to move? Why not just play on Easy the entire time?

Are you asking CDPR to up the difficulty, or suggesting people finding it too easy to do that? Because there's no difficulty above Very Hard, and that's the difficulty being focused on here.
I'm definitely dying a lot more on hard, but once I have the foot hold i generally win the encounters. But if I run in guns blazing i die quite fast, maybe you have a very optimial build? In divinity i can win every encounter by going lone wolf.

I'm definitely dying a lot more on hard, but once I have the foot hold i generally win the encounters. But if I run in guns blazing i die quite fast, maybe you have a very optimial build? In divinity i can win every encounter by going lone wolf.

Yes, I put thought into my build and planned ahead. That should be rewarded with a character that feels stronger than one that just haphazardly placed points wherever that also ignored clothing, weapons and mods, but not broken on the higher difficulties. Not suggesting that's what you did, but yes, it's waaaay too easy with the route I took.

First with my hacking build, then later with my shotgun build. I even started a third run with hacking, and it peaked even earlier than my initial one (foresight is a bitch), but now I'm able to Terminator my way through anything up to "High" threat missions on the Very Hard difficulty with a low health pool, and without any perks in armor and I shouldn't be able to do that as someone that should be very squishy.

At the lowest levels, "Hard" seems alright, and "Very Hard" is a bit too much. But by level 15 - 20 depending on your build, you have to raise it to Very Hard, and even that offers almost zero challenge.

Yes, I put thought into my build and planned ahead. That should be rewarded with a character that feels stronger than one that just haphazardly placed points wherever that also ignored clothing, weapons and mods, but not broken on the higher difficulties. Not suggesting that's what you did, but yes, it's waaaay too easy with the route I took. First with my hacking build, then later with my shotgun build. I even started a third run with hacking, and it peaked even earlier than my initial one (foresight is a bitch), but now I'm able to Terminator my way through anything up to "High" threat missions on the Very Hard difficulty with a low health pool, and without any perks in armor and I shouldn't be able to do that as someone that should be very squishy.
I'm currently levelling intelligence and that alone to see how powerful i can get the net running, im still not all that powerful yet at lvl 20.

level 28 here on hard difficulty. 10 in body, 3 reflex ,14 technic, 12 int and 10 cool.

not one +dmg perk and i one shoot enemies through walls with my power sniper, the tech revoler is pretty strong too.

i put some point in brawler and use the gorilla arms in boss figths for fun, but the balance of the game is way off. way to easy yeah. enemy ai is hilarious dumb. game feels like alpha early access.

I'm currently levelling intelligence and that alone to see how powerful i can get the net running, im still not all that powerful yet at lvl 20.

I have no idea what you are doing then other than maybe neglecting gear. You don't even need anything invested into COOL for hacking to become strong, but simply having 7 invested into it gives you 15% more damage to humans, and 15% more damage while sneaking. It also gives you 8% more crit damage over the base stats. You don't even need to put that much into it for hacks to be overpowered anyway when you can still get your crit chance up to around 40 just through cyberware and mods, and your crit damage to at least 175%. Static Shock can one-shot almost any enemy when it crits, and Contagion can quite often take out 3-5 enemies just by itself. With an investment into the cooldown perks as well as cost reduction and a memory boost in your cortex, you can literally chain cast Static Shock if you want.

The only hacks you truly need to break the game with hacking would be Legendary Ping, Legendary Contagion and Legendary Static Shock. Cyberpsychosis is good for making other enemies gather up against the one you are controlling just so you can bomb them with Contagion, but not necessary. Legendary System Reset is good because of the passive it gives you and because it will shut down every single psybersycho that's not in an exoskeleton.

You don't have epic/legendary quickhacks? What about a legendary cyberdeck? I was doing OP stuff early on just from the spread distance perk & cyberdeck with contagion.

You don't have epic/legendary quickhacks? What about a legendary cyberdeck? I was doing OP stuff early on just from the spread distance perk & cyberdeck with contagion.
Not got the legendary cyberdeck stuff yet, I've got a couple rare quick hacks but not legendary

Not got the legendary cyberdeck stuff yet, I've got a couple rare quick hacks but not legendary

If you are focusing on INT, then by the time you hit 20 (which would be level 15) you can just craft them, unless you've also not been bothering with the access points. If you've been hacking at least the third code of each access point you come across by that level, you can craft at the very least two of them, if not three.

Unless you already knew this, you don't need to put points into the "crafting" skill tree to make hacks. That's just something you unlock in the quickhack tree and you can craft them as long as you have the materials.

None of the legendary decks are really worth grabbing prior to 37 street cred anyway. The 14K deck you can grab early will be good enough up until then. The real end game one is at 49 street cred, even though there's one at rank 50, which makes no sense for what it offers (not much of anything special).

If you are focusing on INT, then by the time you hit 20 (which would be level 15) you can just craft them, unless you've also not been bothering with the access points. If you've been hacking at least the third code of each access point you come across by that level, you can craft at the very least two of them, if not three.
Thanks for the advice, this is the build i am working towards, just being able to hack a whole room like a bad ass

I think the sense of balance of very hard mode is just off. Enemies certainly seem to do more damage to you the higher the difficulty, as I get three-shot pretty often at level 50, even with 3k or more armor. However, enemies have such low health because I think they wanted one-shot stealth builds to be viable. In the process, they made every other build OP, especially any that do crit damage. You can really stack that stuff on. I'm using a sniper build right now and can literally hit 2.5 million damage.
Just posted a video on it and that's why I'm here grinding out enough posts to make a thread XP

I think the sense of balance of very hard mode is just off. Enemies certainly seem to do more damage to you the higher the difficulty, as I get three-shot pretty often at level 50, even with 3k or more armor. However, enemies have such low health because I think they wanted one-shot stealth builds to be viable. In the process, they made every other build OP, especially any that do crit damage. You can really stack that stuff on. I'm using a sniper build right now and can literally hit 2.5 million damage.
Just posted a video on it and that's why I'm here grinding out enough posts to make a thread XP
TBF most snipers are op, esp to head. As they should be

TBF most snipers are op, esp to head. As they should be
On one hand, it is hard to imagine someone being shot in the head and walking away, but on the other combat does get pretty dull when you can kill everyone with a single shot to the torso on the hardest difficulty. I definitely see OPs point, but I do also recognize that I put a lot of work in to make my build that strong. The average player won't. Then again that's why normal difficulty exists lol.
It's just that I've been one-shotting things from a very low level and would at least like some kind of optional challenge. Superbosses have always been my favorite part of traditional RPGs, and nothing comes close in this game.

Top Bottom